Mod Ren'Py Wife Trainer: Master Trainer [v0.7a] [Grev]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
Downloaded this one, have mentioned issue with sense of self plummeting when using cheats.
as the sense of self can be upped on demand wether with the client or not, and in light of the fact that this game will be released on a new platform soon I have decided to wait until the next release to see what route to take with modding. ofcourse if WT does release a new Rags version i will pain stakingly look through it all and make sure i catch this trap as well next time

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
I had, also, ran into the plummeting sense of self. I hope this game remains on Rags for another update or two.

On a different note, how is easy, or hard, would modifying that one aspect be for someone who doesn't know a whole lot about Rags, etc., except to get the debug window working, and play games on it?

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
I had, also, ran into the plummeting sense of self. I hope this game remains on Rags for another update or two.

On a different note, how is easy, or hard, would modifying that one aspect be for someone who doesn't know a whole lot about Rags, etc., except to get the debug window working, and play games on it?
well. it all depends on where he buried the check.. basically there is a bunch of processes that runs at the end of each day/week. and buried in one of those is something that checks sense of self and if its too high it drops it by an amount.

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
Ah, okay, so it would actually be better to work around the SoS, by cheating it up, when needed, and also add to it by hypno, when we can.

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
yep especially since you can raise or lower anyone's SOS at will regardless of if they are a client yet or not

Iarandir

Jul 21, 2018
Have examined the SoS issue. Have discovered problem.
When the game displays (Sense of Self increased.) during a weekday session, is actually subtracting instead.
Seems to be basic function inversion. If client is not seen or action no action taken should increase SoS is no change. Have not yet managed to undertake action that would decrease SoS so cannot confirm exact problem.

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
Have examined the SoS issue. Have discovered problem.
When the game displays (Sense of Self increased.) during a weekday session, is actually subtracting instead.
Seems to be basic function inversion. If client is not seen or action no action taken should increase SoS is no change. Have not yet managed to undertake action that would decrease SoS so cannot confirm exact problem.
try using the mod to change sos to -100

Iarandir

Jul 21, 2018
Mod is not action. Sense of self Loss is occurring when the games internal code is supposed to be increasing it (During weekday sessions). No other time. Cannot confirm that it is a reversed function without either access to code or an internal action (That is vanilla action, not modded) that would decrease sense of self.

Dec 22, 2017
What are the most content rich paths for the girls?

I fucking reloaded my game because going bimbo with jasmine and lauren made the options with them shrink up
meanwhile Elsa as my girlfriend has always got something good going on.

Its a real crap shoot to know what to do really. If I could Id just make them all my girlfriends because it seems to be the most content-rich option

MrGhostRider

Jun 7, 2017
I don't know exactly what path has the most, but the 1st wave of clients have the most content followed by 2nd wave and third in distant last.

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
hears a copy/past of wt responding yesterday to a post

• Patreon Supporter

« Reply #3258 on: September 12, 2018, 08:08:17 AM »

The RAGS version is dead.

If you want an update on the reworked version, check "The Wife Trainer Files" thread in the active threads forum

Not necessarily. I'm still updating content for Rags. If the new engine works as well as I expect, however, there may be no need to continue to maintain the Rags engine. I'm not killing Rags, however, until the new engine is live and I can confirm that Rags is no longer needed.

That sucks. The best games all either die or get "reworked" and never reach the old amount of content and quality. Maybe it will be different this time, i doubt it.

If I was willing to release the new engine without all of the content in Rags, it would be live already.

The new engine is going to hit the streets with all of the existing content in Rags, plus some new content.

It seems pretty optimistic to believe "the" new engine will release at all.

I check back every couple of weeks or so just in case, but let's not kid ourselves.

Lots of things could still happen to derail the new engine, that is true. Assuming the buses behave and don't run any of us over, though, I'm confident the core people on the conversion project are going to deliver an updated gaming experience that will be worth the wait.

There's reasons people chose to take on this work, and I'm very grateful they did. The Rags engine is great, but I've got my doubts about it's longevity, and it's got significant accessibility issues. If things pan out as expected, the work that's being done now should translate into a lot more content and a more customizable playing experience going forward than would otherwise have been possible

acien

Aug 5, 2016
i was getting mad at the sos bug myself so i spent 2 hours hunting it down and believe i found it timer 71 the neighbor events one has an autopass that gives the player a -20 sos bonus on Tuesdays where there are no neighbor events setting it to 0 appears to have fixed it for me

Reactions: dude2211

sabia

Aug 25, 2017
In case anyone's interested, here's a port of the mod:

Here's the same regalia port on dropobox in case someone else's having problems with mega download limits.

[Edit]Oops, forgot to past the link

Reactions: Daba

Silver1

Feb 7, 2017
To think all this problem with the game began with the author making a scandal because people were cheating, after that he began talking of remaking the game in a new engine, sure that a new engine could have been great but this project killed the game, if left on Rag this author could even have finished this game by now, instead we are left with promises of a future game we have no idea if/when will be released and if if gets released there will have to endure time as the author begin to work on new content anew. Some time ago i asked in the official game forum about the status of the game, if was dead or not, some of his fans did not like me asking, i think he´s getting a lot of that lately.

Spazz05

Jul 12, 2017
To think all this problem with the game began with the author making a scandal because people were cheating, after that he began talking of remaking the game in a new engine, sure that a new engine could have been great but this project killed the game, if left on Rag this author could even have finished this game by now, instead we are left with promises of a future game we have no idea if/when will be released and if if gets released there will have to endure time as the author begin to work on new content anew. Some time ago i asked in the official game forum about the status of the game, if was dead or not, some of his fans did not like me asking, i think he´s getting a lot of that lately.

^you will need an account (reply 407)

wifetrainer has already said that the game is still in production and it will be out when its ready and it Will have most if not all the content of the rags version.

Reactions: ExcaliburLegend
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote