the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Okay, got it posted on the OP and credited the Torrent to you and the fix for the Lossy version to @the66

Thank you so much for the help!! OP looks a little messed up for now, guess it is probably good that a Mod hasn't updated the "Latest Release" as I doubt I could handle doing all of the tech support right now AND render next month's episode... ugh....

...shoot me, now...

sorry couldn't resist

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
the game is broken. Cant pass the prologue (no bad end)

ok not broken, but looks like a bug
@andres gomez first of all informing of us what version you are running, if it is Lossy or if it is the full version and DID you install the patch or not, might be a good way to fixing the problem for you. You CAN NOT just download the patch and play the game... you have to first download "Wicked Choices 0.4.4.0" and then download and install the "0.4.4.1" patch (by following the directions on the front page)...

Reactions: Palanto and DA22

andres gomez

May 22, 2017
i downloaded the whole package the game and the update (0.4.4.0 and patch) and i did the instructions but as i say before you can´t pass the prologue (after the thanks and patreon logo, the game sends you back to game tittle). Even i tried without the patch, but something is wrong cause the problem happens again. Thanks for your game ASL and hope that you can help me with this.

(Sorry for my english (i know it sucks))

andres gomez

May 22, 2017
i downloaded the whole package the game and the update (0.4.4.0 and patch) and i did the instructions but as i say before you can´t pass the prologue (after the thanks and patreon logo, the game sends you back to game tittle). Even i tried without the patch, but something is wrong cause the problem happens again. Thanks for your game ASL and hope that you can help me with this.

And sorry is the compressed one.

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018

Looks like the same issue that was keeping Chapter 4 Part 4 from loading correctly is also affecting this (and possibly all other transitions).

Checking the other chapter transitions now.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Okay, till @Palanto Games and go through and make sure the function calls at the end of each chapter directs correctly to Game Menu and beyond, I have taken down the Lossy Version... (sorry @bmpb86 that I took the torrent down and @the66 for the work you went through to try and get it to work).

My philosophy on this whole lossy thing is: "Better to stick with the 'Devil' you know, than the one you don't..."

Reactions: DA22 and JayneCobb

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
@ASLPro3D @Palanto Games

It looks like all chapter transitions in the WebP version use the same flawed logic to check for the presence of the next installment/chapter. They're checking for both the existence of the compiled script (RPYC) for the next chapter, which is fine, but then they're also checking for the existence of the first image of the next chapter, but only in .PNG format, which doesn't cause a problem for the uncompressed version, but causes the WebP version to return to the menu at the end of whatever chapter it's currently in.

One future solution would be to just make sure that every instance of ".png" is replaced with ".webp" at those locations. Another (IMO better) solution would be to check for the existence of either a PNG or WEBP image, like this:
Code:
if renpy.loadable('chapter_four_part04.rpyc') and (renpy.loadable('/images/chapter_four_part04/cpt04p4_000.png') or renpy.loadable('/images/chapter_four_part04/cpt04p4_000.webp')):
Or, simplified:
Code:
if renpy.loadable('<script>.rpyc') and (renpy.loadable('<image>.png') or (renpy.loadable('<image>.webp')):
But IMO the best solution would be to remove the check for the image and just rely on checking for the script file. I'm not sure what the purpose of checking for both is, presumably if the script file for the next chapter is present, the images should be too. Forgive me if there's a reason I'm missing, though.

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
Okay, till @Palanto Games and go through and make sure the function calls at the end of each chapter directs correctly to Game Menu and beyond, I have taken down the Lossy Version... (sorry @bmpb86 that I took the torrent down and @the66 for the work you went through to try and get it to work).

My philosophy on this whole lossy thing is: "Better to stick with the 'Devil' you know, than the one you don't..."
Nah, that's definitely the best course of action to take. I'd already stopped seeding the torrent anyway!

Reactions: DA22 and ASLPro3D

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
for those using the compressed version, copy the content of the attached archive into game folder and have fun
and yep, the second check seems redundant, but hey better safe than sorry :evilsmile:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@ASLPro3D @Palanto Games

It looks like all chapter transitions in the WebP version use the same flawed logic to check for the presence of the next installment/chapter. They're checking for both the existence of the compiled script (RPYC) for the next chapter, which is fine, but then they're also checking for the existence of the first image of the next chapter, but only in .PNG format, which doesn't cause a problem for the uncompressed version, but causes the WebP version to return to the menu at the end of whatever chapter it's currently in.

/snip

But IMO the best solution would be to remove the check for the image and just rely on checking for the script file. I'm not sure what the purpose of checking for both is, presumably if the script file for the next chapter is present, the images should be too. Forgive me if there's a reason I'm missing, though.
Yeah... errr... went right over my head there.... I am sure there is a good reason why, but seeing as I couldn't program my way out of a wet paper sack, I couldn't tell you the reason.

I sent Palanto a note, even on Discord, hopefully we can get this fixed soon... :(

Reactions: DA22
4.30 star(s) 79 Votes