ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Proud of your team! You outdid yourself, and I am sure it will pay off! Are all of those boxes a "slide" of story or a story path? What does it represents exactly (been too shy to ask till now)
Each one of those boxes resembles a "page" or "frame" of the game, with some of those pages/frames having 1 or more images attached to it, with directions of paths that can emulate from that specific frame or page... with all of them eventually leading to the "end" result. ;)

Reactions: Palanto and DA22

Forix

Apr 21, 2017
Each one of those boxes resembles a "page" or "frame" of the game, with some of those pages/frames having 1 or more images attached to it, with directions of paths that can emulate from that specific frame or page... with all of them eventually leading to the "end" result. ;)
Thank you for your reply :)
That is a lot of frames. My god.

I hope you keep time for yourself (and the soap, and the wifey).

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Thank you for your reply :)
That is a lot of frames. My god.

I hope you keep time for yourself (and the soap, and the wifey).
Yeah, I think... when all is said and done, this "Chapter" has close to 30-40 thousand words (a small novel's worth) through all of the different paths and choices that one can make... so, roughly, just shy of a quarter of the entire "Wicked Choices" game in text... granted, some of that is variations and stuff depending on choices and such... but a word is still a word and is still a word. ;)

And, yep, I got to spend long enough with the wife to watch Star Trek with the wife while feeding her dinner... so, got to spend some time with her at least! :giggle:

Forix

Apr 21, 2017
Yeah, I think... when all is said and done, this "Chapter" has close to 30-40 thousand words (a small novel's worth) through all of the different paths and choices that one can make... so, roughly, just shy of a quarter of the entire "Wicked Choices" game in text... granted, some of that is variations and stuff depending on choices and such... but a word is still a word and is still a word. ;)

And, yep, I got to spend long enough with the wife to watch Star Trek with the wife while feeding her dinner... so, got to spend some time with her at least! :giggle:
Good god you have a great mind to be able to write that much haha!

But I am glad that you and your wife didn't forgot each other to make that small novel. I find it important not to sync too much time into work, as in the long run, it will drain you and your close ones :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Good god you have a great mind to be able to write that much haha!

But I am glad that you and your wife didn't forgot each other to make that small novel. I find it important not to sync too much time into work, as in the long run, it will drain you and your close ones :)
Another way to look at it is this...

Chapter One of "Adventures of a Changed Boy" Prologue has twice the word count of Stephen King's "Cycle of a Werewolf" novel and perhaps a little more than half of his "Carrie" novel... as much as "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding, almost as much as "The Colour of Magic" by Terry Pratchett and slightly more than "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" by C.S. Lewis and I did that, created scenes, dressed and created the characters, posed, rendered and animated all of that since just before Christmas of last year.

I worked my ass off!!!

But, I have supporters, fans and friends counting on me to entertain them and I wanted to start this new game with a BIG release that showed our dedication to everyone.

Hopefully, many will recognize us for that effort. :D

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Another way to look at it is this...

Chapter One of "Adventures of a Changed Boy" Prologue has twice the word count of Stephen King's "Cycle of a Werewolf" novel and perhaps a little more than half of his "Carrie" novel... as much as "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding, almost as much as "The Colour of Magic" by Terry Pratchett and slightly more than "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" by C.S. Lewis and I did that, created scenes, dressed and created the characters, posed, rendered and animated all of that since just before Christmas of last year.

I worked my ass off!!!

But, I have supporters, fans and friends counting on me to entertain them and I wanted to start this new game with a BIG release that showed our dedication to everyone.

Hopefully, many will recognize us for that effort. :D
Dammit Jack! I finished my run through the Incarnations a couple weeks back. A co-worker got me to try George R.R. Martin's 'Song of Fire and Ice', liking so far(I know a rendition has been TV for awhile, but... I do not do TV other than sports or a sporadic movie). Now, you have to remind me of Pratchett, an author I had wanted to delve deeper into for some time. *grumble* updates library card(again)! Though, in all truth, it has been ages since I meandered Master Lewis' works as well, collected most, but do not think I ever actually got to finish any but the Narnia. Guess those boxes in the closet will opening again soon. Especially, since we finally are getting winter here in the PNW. To much texture to the ground to do anything, but one must when we actually have snow and ice.

EDIT: Was not Prachett the author(or collaberator?) on an novel titled something along 'Good Omens'. An angel and a demon(devil?) trying to stop the apocalypse to keep their jobs on earth? Sorry, Color of magic rings a bell with me, but this novel jumped up the nether reaches as I was hitting post.

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Dammit Jack! I finished my run through the Incarnations a couple weeks back. A co-worker got me to try George R.R. Martin's 'Song of Fire and Ice', liking so far(I know a rendition has been TV for awhile, but... I do not do TV other than sports or a sporadic movie). Now, you have to remind me of Pratchett, an author I had wanted to delve deeper into for some time. *grumble* updates library card(again)! Though, in all truth, it has been ages since I meandered Master Lewis' works as well, collected most, but do not think I ever actually got to finish any but the Narnia. Guess those boxes in the closet will opening again soon. Especially, since we finally are getting winter here in the PNW. To much texture to the ground to do anything, but one must when we actually have snow and ice.

EDIT: Was not Prachett the author(or collaberator?) on an novel titled something along 'Good Omens'. An angel and a demon(devil?) trying to stop the apocalypse to keep their jobs on earth? Sorry, Color of magic rings a bell with me, but this novel jumped up the nether reaches as I was hitting post.
Yes, I believe it was with Neil Gaiman, though to be honest... I never read it; I only delved into his Discworld novels... and only got through a third of them.

And, to be totally truthful, I've not really read anything since I started working in the comic book industry back in 1993-1994... because, as a writer, the last thing I wanted to be accused of, was the theft of other individual's imaginations; and, the actual last book that I read, was the last Dark Tower novel in 2004 to finish out a series that I had started in the early 80's.

Even, then, my work is peppered with a variety of influences and ideas that arose while reading, as I was younger... or from scenes, images, ideas and stuff from movies and television. I think, now that I am much older, that it is truly impossible to not be influenced in some way through outside stimuli or from other creative individuals.

That said, I don't think you will ever catch me blatantly taking something from someone else and slapping a little makeup on it and calling it my own... like a certain POPULAR series (and movies) was a rip off from the Japanese series "Battle Royale"; or the multiple "Big Brother" clones we are seeing getting posted and released here and on Patreon.

If anything, I can be accused of, it is from ripping off the bible and world history.

Another thing I can be accused of, heh... and that is, not having enough time... I most seriously lack that in my life, I spend so much of it working on our game or doing work for the (AAA) Asian game studios, that my days are basically wake up at 4 or 5am... sit at the computer and work on the game or for the Asian crew or my NASCAR team (though I will be removing my involvement from that this season) till 6-7pm, make dinner for the wife... spend time with her till I put her to bed at 9 or 10pm, go back to work till 12am, go to bed and get back up at 4-5am and do it all again.... 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

I have discussed with the wife about me taking one or two Saturdays off this year to maybe get back into doing my photography and working with models again... I would like to, maybe, try to do some photos and have some models Cosplay some of the characters from "Wicked Choices" and "Ebon Knights" just for fun and relaxation... I haven't picked up my camera, except to shoot the wild animals that I take care of, since my business partner and best friend died in 2015... but, think it is time to get back in the saddle of doing that to try and relax and have another creative outlet.

For a while, every time I picked it up (the camera) all I could think of was my dad (who got me started doing photography back when I was in 4H in the 70's and died in 2012) and my, aforementioned photography business partner and best friend, Mark who died at 43 of a heart attack in 2015 (due to complications with Diabetes).

But, I'd like to think I was pretty darn good at it... did work for Fredricks of Hollywood, Lover's Lane, Harley Davidson, NASCAR (how I got into being a partial owner of a team) and lots of magazines and big events.

Here's a sample of my model photography from back in the day...

51168241_10157109706912147_3757716322343976960_n.jpg

But, yeah... I think I need to have something that will help me to relax when I am not working on the games and to actually get out of the house for more than shoveling driveways or grocery shopping!! :D

(PS: She would've been my pick to cosplay Lynara... but Marissa no longer models)

DA22

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 10, 2018
Those sound as great ideas Jack and be sure not to let us keep you from them. :) Well she might have stopped modelling, but it never hurts to ask, what she would not want to do for a living anymore she might do for fun.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Do it. I know you think you own us something in return for our money and I know I can't convince you otherwise:p

But serious take some time off, do what you like to do and charge your batteries. This is, obvious in my eyes, better than to work onself to death.:giggle:

And technical speaking, I can't see a flawn in the photo. For the aesthetic view, I see myself as not qualifed enough.:D
And for myself, I also should go out and take some shots with my cam.:LOL:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Those sound as great ideas Jack and be sure not to let us keep you from them. :) Well she might have stopped modelling, but it never hurts to ask, what she would not want to do for a living anymore she might do for fun.
Let's just say her life has changed dramatically and she isn't the same girl that I once worked with and her current fiancé doesn't want her doing nudes or modeling anymore... otherwise, I would in a heartbeat.

But, fortunately, I have a big rolodex of contacts to hire models from that I can find to portray some of the characters... if @Palanto and I can start making enough money, I'd also like to hire some costume designers that I know that make cosplay outfits for comic conventions, so that I can have the girls like Lynara dressed in their outfits from the game.

If I can, I will then do the (cosplay, semi-nudes, nudes... and some erotic) photos and then share them with the Patrons and stuff, just for fun. :love:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Do it. I know you think you own us something in return for our money and I know I can't convince you otherwise:p

But serious take some time off, do what you like to do and charge your batteries. This is, obvious in my eyes, better than to work onself to death.:giggle:

And technical speaking, I can't see a flawn in the photo. For the aesthetic view, I see myself as not qualifed enough.:D
And for myself I also should go out and take some shots whit my cam.:LOL:
I think doing the photos and tying it in some to the games will help to give more content to the patrons and will be fun for the models and myself... while this old and broken body is still able to function and move... but yeah, it will help me to both relax and also provide a little something fun and extra to our supporters and friends. ;)

Oh and as an extra bonus, here's another shot of her... ;)

48891248_10157033143787147_6128267828530249728_n.jpg

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Let's just say her life has changed dramatically and she isn't the same girl that I once worked with and her current fiancé doesn't want her doing nudes or modeling anymore... otherwise, I would in a heartbeat.

But, fortunately, I have a big rolodex of contacts to hire models from that I can find to portray some of the characters... if @Palanto and I can start making enough money, I'd also like to hire some costume designers that I know that make cosplay outfits for comic conventions, so that I can have the girls like Lynara dressed in their outfits from the game.

If I can, I will then do the (cosplay, semi-nudes, nudes... and some erotic) photos and then share them with the Patrons and stuff, just for fun. :love:
Sometimes I'm amazed how you always find the right carrot for the stick you swing in my field of vision.:oops:
But yes, if I come around a goblin pot field with gold, your in the list for some of it:D

Be warned if that happens you don't have anymore reasons to defend your "lacking" qualities, content or the us of some 2nd ranked game engines:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Sometimes I'm amazed how you always find the right carrot for the stick you swing in my field of vision.:oops:
But yes, if I come around a goblin pot field with gold, your in the list for some of it:D

Be warned if that happens you don't have anymore reasons to defend your "lacking" qualities, content or the us of some 2nd ranked game engines:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'll tell you what... if someone was to approach me with the money we'd need to do a low/high end AAA game production, I would jump on it with TWO FEET and start running and working!!

Being that I already work with many Asian game studios and have had the wonderful pleasure of getting to work on many AAA game titles, I have the means to step away from Ren'Py, RPG Maker and also DAZ figures if at anytime that I have the money available to do so...

...personally, I had hoped that @Palanto, the wife and I would've been past only making $900-$1000 a month with the completion of "Wicked Choices: Book One" and be in the realm of making closer to $4000-$10,000 a month like some other creators, which would've allowed us to hire some of those that I already work with to build better games for everyone... but that hasn't been the case yet... sadly, so still we must toil with the time and tools we have available to us. :(

I totally believe that ONE DAY we can do something much, much better than what people have seen from us... we just need to get the funding to do so and I believe, if we keep working and trying, we'll reach that goal. :D

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I'll tell you what... if someone was to approach me with the money we'd need to do a low/high end AAA game production, I would jump on it with TWO FEET and start running and working!!

Being that I already work with many Asian game studios and have had the wonderful pleasure of getting to work on many AAA game titles, I have the means to step away from Ren'Py, RPG Maker and also DAZ figures if at anytime that I have the money available to do so...

...personally, I had hoped that @Palanto, the wife and I would've been past only making $900-$1000 a month with the completion of "Wicked Choices: Book One" and be in the realm of making closer to $4000-$10,000 a month like some other creators, which would've allowed us to hire some of those that I already work with to build better games for everyone... but that hasn't been the case yet... sadly, so still we must toil with the time and tools we have available to us. :(

I totally believe that ONE DAY we can do something much, much better than what people have seen from us... we just need to get the funding to do so and I believe, if we keep working and trying, we'll reach that goal. :D
I know. Seldom I test my luck with against the big lottery companies. Until now, as math teach you, I wasn't one of the lucky ones. If I would be the (un-)lucky one, then I foresee lack off money would cease to be a problem for myself (I have enough to life, but my wishlist is huge;)).

So, if I would win big *dreaming mode on* then..... *scnr*

Until then Jack, see the "hard" truth in the eyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  • Does not have a lot off incest in it:)
  • Involves to much tiny little letters for a game with picture:p
  • And have too much picture for a text only game:p
  • Has a "real", unique story with in it:)
  • The story is too complex (and have too much tiny little letters...):ROFLMAO:
  • Don't have as much "find, fuck and forget" characters:D
  • The steamy action is spread to thin over the whole game:p
  • Has too much touchy themes in it:eek:
  • Serious never used the right game engine (and before you say I would like to use engine a, engine b-z are always better:p)
  • And on top off all this: This dev is some "serious" dude who think he must give his supporters someting back for their money:p
TL:DR: You do everything against the working formulas for a money cow of adult game on patreon.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Serious thought: It would be quiet intrested why your game, against all the good things it has in it, as I see, don't have a wider support. Only thing that would come to my mind is the story, your two main characters for Book I and the back and forth between them. But even then, for my eyes this game is one of the most underrate ones.

Forix

Apr 21, 2017

And you know when that day happen and need more prog help. I'll volunteer!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I know. Seldom I test my luck with against the big lottery companies. Until now, as math teach you, I wasn't one of the lucky ones. If I would be the (un-)lucky one, then I foresee lack off money would cease to be a problem for myself (I have enough to life, but my wishlist is huge;)).

So, if I would win big *dreaming mode on* then..... *scnr*

Until then Jack, see the "hard" truth in the eyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  • Does not have a lot off incest in it:)
  • Involves to much tiny little letters for a game with picture:p
  • And have too much picture for a text only game:p
  • Has a "real", unique story with in it:)
  • The story is too complex (and have too much tiny little letters...):ROFLMAO:
  • Don't have as much "find, fuck and forget" characters:D
  • The steamy action is spread to thin over the whole game:p
  • Has too much touchy themes in it:eek:
  • Serious never used the right game engine (and before you say I would like to use engine a, engine b-z are always better:p)
  • And on top off all this: This dev is some "serious" dude who think he must give his supporters someting back for their money:p
TL:DR: You do everything against the working formulas for a money cow of adult game on patreon.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Serious thought: It would be quiet intrested why your game, against all the good things it has in it, as I see, don't have a wider support. Only thing that would come to my mind is the story, your two main characters for Book I and the back and forth between them. But even then, for my eyes this game is one of the most underrate ones.
Yeah, I am hoping that will change dramatically with this new game, as we will have a lot more sexual content each release... at least that is MY hope... we'll see. ;)

4.30 star(s) 79 Votes