Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
I checked the thread out to see of how the progress is of the upcoming book to find out that the dev is working on spin-off games, which is something you always want to find out and that he's moving back to utilizing RPGM which is also something you always want to hear. Despite all that looking forward to next book hopeful its even better than the one before.
Spin-off, may be a bit of a stretch. This is more of an interlude. William was an intergral part(if small) of the first book, and a tool(subdued snickers included) for intraducing key forces and players for book two via this telling of his(or her again via choice) story betwixt the main books (or chapters , if ya prefer). World building, if done well, can lead to more stories than one can tell. Some can (and should) be told to facilitate a more clear picture of where/when you are in the story. As for the engine, it has been cussed and discussed prior, but in a nutshell, for the dynamics required this short of an AAA engine was the best option.
Now to listen undisturbed to 'immagrant song' ...our only goal, the western shore....

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I was under no illusions to the fact that some might LOVE the game and story that I created and that there would be others who'd LOVE to HATE the game... I am good with either of the two, at least that means they tried the game.

I am a writer first and foremost, it is important for me to tell a story and have a solid history, cast of characters and characters that can adapt, grow and change during the story... particularly the protagonist of the story... none of us start out GREAT in life, hell, even Jesus Christ (the main Protagonist's Son and Secondary Protagonist of the story) isn't really mentioned in the Bible until he was around 33 years of age... guess that means he was pretty insignificant until that point... or, he hadn't fully gotten 'powered up' till that age to become the HERO of the story.

What I TRULY find interesting is the fact that there are so many out there who say that they played our game in one or two days, at a time in history where people will hardly pick up a book to read, here we've had hundred's of thousands of people (according the download counters) read a story that had a larger word count than some Harry Potter, Piers Anthony or Stephen King books out there... without even realizing that they had.

In regard to our side-arc game/story, people should try to keep in mind that I come from a background of professionally writing comic books, so with that in mind and comparing the "Wicked Choices" storyline as say, an Avenger's Movie, then "Adventures of a Changed Boy" (or "AoaCB" as @c3p0 requested) would be an Iron Man or Thor (or more like Dr. Strange) movie... which helps feed the narrative of the larger assembled movie (or in our case game) and provide notable information and character/story setup in.

Our game(s) will NEVER be a quick "hand-fuck" product... it will provide scenes that can help someone "get off" if they want, but it isn't the main focus or reason for the game... the main focus and reason is (and should be) the story.

Thank you for trying the game, hope you may consider playing our other ones, but... really... thanks for giving our game a shot and for sharing your thoughts with us, I appreciate it! :)

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
No need to thanks up it was great searching opportunity to read the story of the first chapter, basically if anyone just looking for hot images or videos the Internet is full. I do believe that a story makes the difference and the very good renderings add the story. I did realize few years before when you write a book you want to have most of the story formed in your thoughts at least what worked for me but I think it must be common for all the writers.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Is the android version not working? I download and it says app not installed after hitting install.
Hmmm it should, otherwise I would've deleted it already X_x Did you allow "Out of store" installation of apk files? Usually all android devices are defaulted to not allow any installations outside of the PlayStore. Check that first, if that doesn't help then you might have to wait a little bit longer since I'm still waiting for some responses to some bug fixes before I release the really last and final version of the game (with hopefully ALL typos and bugs corrected :) )

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
No need to thanks up it was great searching opportunity to read the story of the first chapter, basically if anyone just looking for hot images or videos the Internet is full. I do believe that a story makes the difference and the very good renderings add the story. I did realize few years before when you write a book you want to have most of the story formed in your thoughts at least what worked for me but I think it must be common for all the writers.
If the writer is like me and enjoys the story that they want to tell, they will think about it all of the time... while just before bed, when first waking up, while taking a shower, while fixing their coffee, on their way to work, during work and lunch, the ride back home and finally, when they are able to, think about it while they are working on it...

...we should live and breath the story, massage it, work it over and over and be sure we get it right... then, once it is told, begin to work on the next. ;)

Tanwise

Aug 29, 2017
Ok, I'm confused, I was really liking the game, the story, the characters, so when I downloaded the update at the end of December versus 1.0. I didn't notice it said. Complete at the top of the page 1 thread! So when I played through to the next cliffhanger I assumed it was just because, there was yet another update coming soon, because that's how every update had been.

ESPECIALLY because at the end it merely says save your game progress, there's absolutely no mention of The game being concluded what's so ever, and I'm not talking about what is shown in the forum or Patreon, a good dev needs to indicate at the end of the game that it's been completed. Not only that but there is only one resolved plot in the game, yet the dozen or so subplots suddenly feel as if they were just ignored.

I really liked the game to, but to end it on yet another teaser and in the Q/A form indicate nonchalantly that, "oh yeah, were not working on the follow anytime sooner, were jumping to a complete unrelated game for the foreseeable future". Maybe I'm in the minority here, (I feel that way a lot on this site), but the way this game ends, just gives off a real sense of disregard for those who spent their time playing the game.

Reminds me of some authors whose books I've stopped buying, because either the attitude in the stories over time becomes cocky and arrogant. Or the author themselves has a complete disregard for the readers. I also mention "Books" because of how this game is suppose to apparently be a book in game form. Yet at least with a book, even poorly made book, you reach the end and you know the books concluded.

Anyway, I'll stop here.

Reactions: Palanto and DA22

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
Ok, I'm confused, I was really liking the game, the story, the characters, so when I downloaded the update at the end of December versus 1.0. I didn't notice it said. Complete at the top of the page 1 thread! So when I played through to the next cliffhanger I assumed it was just because, there was yet another update coming soon, because that's how every update had been.

ESPECIALLY because at the end it merely says save your game progress, there's absolutely no mention of The game being concluded what's so ever, and I'm not talking about what is shown in the forum or Patreon, a good dev needs to indicate at the end of the game that it's been completed. Not only that but there is only one resolved plot in the game, yet the dozen or so subplots suddenly feel as if they were just ignored.

I really liked the game to, but to end it on yet another teaser and in the Q/A form indicate nonchalantly that, "oh yeah, were not working on the follow anytime sooner, were jumping to a complete unrelated game for the foreseeable future". Maybe I'm in the minority here, (I feel that way a lot on this site), but the way this game ends, just gives off a real sense of disregard for those who spent their time playing the game.

Reminds me of some authors whose books I've stopped buying, because either the attitude in the stories over time becomes cocky and arrogant. Or the author themselves has a complete disregard for the readers. I also mention "Books" because of how this game is suppose to apparently be a book in game form. Yet at least with a book, even poorly made book, you reach the end and you know the books concluded.

Anyway, I'll stop here.
Maybe you didn't paid attention on the Prologue and Chapter 1 (completed). No the writer I believe has plenty to say more in his/her book but has published the 1st Chapter if you like it then get back in the line with all of us the rest waiting the next Chapter ;)

Forix

Apr 21, 2017

Anyway, I'll stop here.
The Adventures of a Changed Boy is directly tied to Wicked Choices Book 1 and will tie in Book 2.
It's not "a complete unrelated" game he is doing. The choices in Adventures of a Changed Boy will impact the story of Book 2.

The story of the main character (the Antichrist) will continue in book 2 while we develop important side characters. So in no way is the story over.
Many books with very very popular authors side steps for a few chapters to introduce new characters and plot twist and then return to the main characters :)

Sierra3

Dec 17, 2017
Understandable. Sometimes you are in a hurry, get distracted, or otherwise do not notice the Heading or posts in the [Changelog].

This portion of the 'story' (as it is a Visual Novel) has been completed, not the 'game.' As stated in the title, Wicked Choices: Book One. This is the first portion of the story (or game if you prefer). The name of the title indicates that there are more 'Books' forthcoming. Thus, this is a series of 'stories,' each building upon the last. It is common, at least in the book series I have read, for there to be loose ends/cliff hangers, to get the reader (player in this case) to want to continue on to see what happens. This also happens with some TV/Movie series. A 'good dev' does not need to state within the 'game' that it is completed, when it is not... only that portion of the 'series' is completed.

If you have read through the forum, nowhere has he 'nonchalantly' said... "oh yeah, were not working on the follow anytime sooner, were jumping to a complete unrelated game for the foreseeable future." By reading through the forum, you would know that the current project, Wicked Choices: Adventures of a Changed Boy, is a part of the story... following up with more information/options for the 'game.' Granted, it is not an immediate continuation with the main protaginast(s), but it is an important part of the overall 'story.' If you feel jaded by this site (F95), I cannot do anything about that, neither can @ASLPro3D. But do not judge the people who are spending their limited time (and resources) creating this by the conduct of others. The team @ASLPro3D do not 'have' to do anything, yet they want to create something people will enjoy... and they put it up here at no cost to you. This is not disregard. If you were to ask (politely, preferred) questions about why, how, or anything else related to the game, you would get a response answering those questions (many of which have already been asked, if you read through the forum).

Anyway, I'll stop here.
It is your choice to play or not. Though I am sure ASLPro3D appreciates you trying it. Cocky/arrogant are rather harsh inferrals on your part. Snarky, frustrated, flustered, dumbfounded may occasionally describe their responses, but that is understandable why at times. The team actually does care about responses to their work, positive or negative. If you have/had concerns, express/ask them.

Key words 'a book.' As stated earlier, this is intended as a series, not a 'standalone.'

Hopefully, I came across as intended, and not as an ass. If not, I tried.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I think the issue is that at the end of the game there is not enough of a developers note to indicate the future of the game franchise for his liking. We spend a lot of time on the forum endlessly debating the finer points of the world @ASLPro3D has created but if you are not like us and come to the game cold, you might end up a bit disappointed in the ending and lack of follow up chapters or games.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
*snipped to save space for my reply*
Anyway, I'll stop here.

*blinks*

So... um... this is a first for me!

I have been yelled at for a lot here... for what William did to Claire, for Michelle playing with the family dog and I have been yelled at for ‘forcing’ people to be the Antichrist… but, never, for something like this.

I am trying to understand why I am being yelled at or how it is my fault, @Tanwise, that you…
didn't notice it said. Complete at the top of the page 1 thread!

Nor do I think it could be any clearer as to the game being complete, if you had read the credits section which specifically states (and this is direct quote from in the game) …

"What is to become of William and Janice now that you’ve messed around with them?"

"What ‘punishment’ is Karma still planning to enforce on William to keep the balance?"

"Be sure to find out and join us in our next game “Wicked Choices: Adventures of a Changed Boy”!"

"And stick around to find out what happens to both you, Syrina, Lynara and the others in “Wicked Choices: Book Two” once “Wicked Choices: Adventures of a Changed Boy” is complete!"
Or how you want to yell in frustration at me for failing to take the time to bother reading the forums and posts here or even our Patreon Page… it seems somewhat ODD for you to be yelling at me and blaming me for your inadequacies.

So, your perceived notions and argument of me having
a real sense of disregard for those who spent their time playing the game.
is kind of without merit… wouldn’t you think?

I mean, I do.

I think your misplaced dissatisfaction is really in the fact that the first part of the game is complete but that the story isn’t… that you were under the impression that you were coming and downloading, to play, only completed games… and wanted everything to be settled and wrapped up in a neat package with no sequel…

…again, blaming me for your misplaced expectations and failure to research the product you were downloading to play.

Not my fault… your anger and, obvious, frustration is misdirected, poorly aimed and without merit towards me and my staff/friends.

And while you are most likely puffing up, red face in anger at my words, let me take a moment to assuredly push you over the edge with this… simple… truth…

You seem to be YELLING and ANGRY with me over something that you got for FREE!!!

That is like being ANGRY and YELLING at someone for giving you a NEW CAR, but it isn’t the color that you wanted… Being ANGRY and YELLING at a person who gives you something for FREE and it not being the way you want it to be.

To me, that speaks as being UNGRATEFUL and SELFISH as fuck.

So, not only did you not bother to take a moment to do your due diligence and read about the product that you downloaded to play for FREE or bother to read the credits to get the information; you decided to come in here and inaccurately take your misplaced anger and frustration out on me and my staff/friends, because it wasn’t wrapped up and concluded to YOUR satisfaction… on a product/game that all that you invested in it was your time!

Whereas, it took me and my staff/friends, untold countless of hours and a year of our lives to produce it and even provided it to people to play for FREE… you are going to come in here and disparage and accuse us of something that really is YOUR FAULT.

Do you not see how PETY and SELFISH that makes you appear to me? Do you not see just how invalid your argument with us is?

And you called ME arrogant???

Maybe you need to take a moment and reflect on your actions, look in the mirror and think about it… and, if you want to come back in here to discuss it more rationally… well, I will be here.

~Jack

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
For I myself I see this as the LotR and it has even characters with pointy ears.:p Means we have the first book (The Fellowship of the Ring) and now waiting for the next. Must be the same for the books fan of GRRM.

For the whole cliffhanger. Yes, there is one, obivous. You can "blame" Jack that his story is to big for one game, sure. But then again, not everything is for your taste and if you want the complete WC story then you can wait the time Jacks need to make it and then consume it.:devilish:
Or if you want to haver a faster developing process...

Also from a title like "Wicked Choice: Book One" I assume that more are comming.

And a lot of todays work use the same concept: TV show, anime, manga, ... Most of them need more than one book, episode to told their story.

TL:DR: I would see this complain as a praise. If you, Jack, didn't catch us with your story then we wouldn't care about it;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
update006.png

UPDATE: The current status of the Prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy” – January 28, 2019
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Time for another update and provide you with the news of all that has been transpiring here and on our next game!!

While I got a lot done last week on “Chapter One” of the Prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy” it wasn’t nearly as much as I wanted. *sigh*

update1_27.png

Because of this, I had contacted my employer last Friday and requested the week off here, so that I could finish everything up… I only have one more “Big Romance Scene” to do with 3-4 more animations (man, there will be a LOT of animations for all of you to enjoy in this release) and then finish up the two “Chapter” ending sequences (depending on your choices in the game) and do all of the conversation profile images (the close up character portraits) and get that off to @Palanto.

But there WILL be a RELEASE in the first part of February!!

Speaking of Palanto, he has been busy building and adding all of the plug-ins for the Main Game and will be going through them to make sure that none of them create any memory leaks, as well as, still building many of the locations and maps that you will be able to travel to in the game.

We are really missing the help that we had from my wife, who is still been working long hours (barely see her anymore) getting ready for the company wide program change that they will be doing next month… hopefully, I will be able to start seeing her again sometime in March and she can get back to helping us.

Or at least cook for me again, I’ve been living on pizza and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in her absence, since there is no real need to just cook for myself.

So, one more BIG ROMANCE section to complete (with animations), two ending sequences to render out and Character Dialogue Portraits to render and then I can direct my attention to “Chapter Two” of the Prologue, which will even have a couple of SPECIAL GUESTS showing up in it!

Thank you, EVERYONE, for your continued patience and support and really can’t wait till you try this release!! I think this is some of the best work I’ve done yet!!

Talk soon and hope that you all have a great week!

~Jack

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Jack, you are a big teasing bastard:LOL:

Other than that, as always: Can't wait;)

And I hope for the both of you (wive and yourself) that this SW changing going well and end fast. I can't image that some people are happy to do this kind of work:p

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Jack, you are a big teasing bastard:LOL:

Other than that, as always: Can't wait;)

And I hope for the both of you (wive and yourself) that this SW changing going well and end fast. I can't image that some people are happy to do this kind of work:p
You know me, I like to keep the Hype up and get everyone excited!! :giggle:

Just think, the majority of this entire chapter revolves around the Character that YOU designed and created, my friend!! Man, I can't wait till you get to play it!! She has such an AWESOME story and is HOT!! :love:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
You know me, I like to keep the Hype up and get everyone excited!! :giggle:

Just think, the majority of this entire chapter revolves around the Character that YOU designed and created, my friend!! Man, I can't wait till you get to play it!! She has such an AWESOME story and is HOT!! :love:
I'm in the pole position and the engine is running hot:LOL:
And it didn't help that your always teasing me with her. If your episode is out I must have a word with her:love:.

4.30 star(s) 79 Votes