Why is the tags from a game different from the genre spoiler?

felipebet97

Dec 21, 2020
Hi, I was looking for a game and I have realized that some games have tags that are different from the genre spoiler. So, I would like to know, why is that? who puts the tags is different from the person who post the game? Example: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-guardian-v0-5-blackheart-games.71918/
We have slave in the tags, for example, and it is not seem on the genre spoiler. I am asking because I am unsure if the game has slave content or not.

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
Not 100% certain but I believe it is because the genre spoiler is intended to be a bit more of a "uploader insert" thing while the tags are a preset list of terms that are easily searchable by the backend features of the site. You'll find some games that just put "see tags" in the genre spoiler. You'll find others that barely put tags but have a bunch of details in the genre spoiler. My personal rule of thumb is: If it is either tagged OR in the genre spoiler, it is highly likely it is in the game, or at the very least planned to be if it is incomplete. If you want to be wholly certain, just searching the comments on the thread will probably suffice, especially for a game that's been on here longer like that. If a tag is wrong someone will probably have bitched about it already.

Reactions: felipebet97

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Hi, I was looking for a game and I have realized that some games have tags that are different from the genre spoiler. So, I would like to know, why is that? who puts the tags is different from the person who post the game? Example: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-guardian-v0-5-blackheart-games.71918/
We have slave in the tags, for example, and it is not seem on the genre spoiler. I am asking because I am unsure if the game has slave content or not.
From what I've seen, the banner tags are usually what is planned.
Unless they use a "planned tags" addition, the genre tags are for what is currently in the game.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
The actual tags should be what's currently in the game, not planned content.
I was re-reading the tag lists after I posted that.
Putting future tags in the banner is like collecting taxes on in Monopoly. Against the rules, but many do it that way.