Why is the Male protagonist in College genre so popular?

VMiller

Mar 7, 2023
What about the setting itself? Its actually pretty perfect. Name a place where the protagonist can be surrounded by a diverse cast of female characters both young and old?
This is the company office. Such things happen there that one can only wonder.

unocrus

Oct 28, 2018
I'm honestly surprised by all the DiK mentions. I think it's a lot simpler than that. Just look at anime; the majority of it is high schoolers doing high school stuff. Sometimes it's high school + magic. Or high school + zombies. Either way, the focal point is high school because it's an easy way to get a bunch of characters together. It's also different from a work setting because nobody is getting fired for flirting and the stakes are low for characters getting into shenanigans.

The only drawback is most high schoolers are underage and that can cause problems when it comes to using platforms like Patreon. What's the next best thing? College kids.

VMiller

Mar 7, 2023
It's also different from a work setting because nobody is getting fired for flirting and the stakes are low for characters getting into shenanigans.
I haven't worked in big companies, but I've never been fired for that because it was consensual.