• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Why I changed my name

Sissycrave

Feb 12, 2018
So, I am not well known on the boards (as my post count clearly shows), but I still felt it appropriate to put this out there. Previously, my username was Sissycrave88. I was unaware of the association that 88 has with a certain hate group. This information was recently brought to my attention, and so I removed the 88 from my username. I just wanted to apologize to anyone that may have been offended by my previous username and make it clear that I do not associate with that hate group in any way, shape, or form (In fact, I'm not the proper nationality to be welcomed among them if I did share any of their views).

Also, if possible, could the "Formerly 'Sissycrave88'" under my username in posts be removed by a moderator? For the same reason as listed above. I do not wish for anyone to get the wrong idea about me.

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
@Winterfire

Neo-Nazis use the number 88 as an abbreviation for the Nazi salute Heil Hitler. The letter H is eighth in the alphabet, whereby 88 becomes HH. Often, this number is associated with the number 14, e.g. 14/88, 14-88, or 1488; this number symbolizes the Fourteen Words coined by David Lane, a prominent white nationalist.
@Sissycrave I doubt anyone here would have thought you were a nazi, unless you acted like one. F95zone isn't exactly the most PC place on the internet anyways ^^

Reactions: Domiek and c3p0

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I do know the "88" meaning, but I also believe that you can missunderstand most things....
Also it exist a lot more symbols and sign that have a far right meaning:

And as always what you do defines you the most.
If we blame people because of the history and some connections to them, it do not want to throw the first stone.;)

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
So, I am not well known on the boards (as my post count clearly shows), but I still felt it appropriate to put this out there. Previously, my username was Sissycrave88. I was unaware of the association that 88 has with a certain hate group. This information was recently brought to my attention, and so I removed the 88 from my username. I just wanted to apologize to anyone that may have been offended by my previous username and make it clear that I do not associate with that hate group in any way, shape, or form (In fact, I'm not the proper nationality to be welcomed among them if I did share any of their views).

Also, if possible, could the "Formerly 'Sissycrave88'" under my username in posts be removed by a moderator? For the same reason as listed above. I do not wish for anyone to get the wrong idea about me.
Why 88? When you could have had 69, I do not know of anyone who is offended by a 69.:LOL:

Reactions: Namco15

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
There is more stuff you can be offended about than material you can fap to nowdays

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
There is more stuff you can be offended about than material you can fap to nowdays
Worst case scenario: Fap first, be offended later:ROFLMAO:

I think sometimes we are ignorant to the important things going on as we are upset about "small" things that only exist because of misunderstanding in the first place, like this one.
Other question about the same thinking: Should we avoid to have babies be born on the 20th of april as it is the same day Hitler was born?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018

I remember the time people (nazis) started wearing helly hansen cloth because of the logo an it was really stupid if you ask me. Nowadays no one really cares anymore and the same goes for the 88 in your name. I know the meaning but I generally don't assume that someone is a nazi only because they have a 88 in their name.
Would be different if your name was something like "GlatzeSS" or such (Glatze = Skinhead), but people stupid enough to use such a name are generally not even able to find the right letters on the keyboard :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Namco15

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
Good decision. But you really should consider removing SS from it. Adding few rainbows and writing formal apology to Israel Embassy also seem like something that shouldn't hurt.
You will still be a nazi, but you at least took a effort to better yourself and be less offensive.

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

Sissycrave

Feb 12, 2018
I'm glad to see that the vast majority of this community is far more understanding of mishaps like mine. This wasn't the only site where I used 88 at the end of my username and it wasn't anyone from this community that brought it up to me. Once it was pointed out on another community, I went ahead and decided to fix it on all of them that I could do so easily. Your lighthearted responses and rib jabs are much appreciated, if only non-fap related communities could manage to get along this well!