Why does this action rarely appear?

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
I suspect in 3dcg positions like that would just look unnatural and impossible, even though they clearly are possible.

Reactions: Bingoogus

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
very difficult to pose that without the crotch looking absolutely stupid.

also these poses are silly to begin with, but there would be many other ones if you could just bend the models in extreme positions like this. I tried to make it work with painting weight maps, but couldn't really make it work well enough to justify it. I think really the way to do it would be sculpting alternate models exclusively for these positions, but that would take some work.

watermankaku

Feb 6, 2021
very difficult to pose that without the crotch looking absolutely stupid.

also these poses are silly to begin with, but there would be many other ones if you could just bend the models in extreme positions like this. I tried to make it work with painting weight maps, but couldn't really make it work well enough to justify it. I think really the way to do it would be sculpting alternate models exclusively for these positions, but that would take some work.
Could it be a version problem? I heard that daz has a new version of g9.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
Because it looks like shit. Just look at Skyrim Animations like that. It always looks wrong because the skeleton wasn't made for moves like that. You even have some problems when they just kneel down.

MalLiz

Jan 26, 2024
This is why you don't see it in games. 3d Models don't bend like people do.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And even then, that is far from the most egregious example of rendered bending. Though of course, that is merely one half of the duo involved; highly visible clipping would no doubt ensue should one add a male to the mix. (Or, of course, a futanari or other humanoid with a cock-like appendage.)

~Liz.

Last edited:
Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
Could it be a version problem? I heard that daz has a new version of g9.
the different genesis generations have different topology in the crotch, but none of them were made to bend into extreme positions. it gets a little better from g3->g8->g9, but not enough for these kind of poses.

and it's not just daz dropping the ball, this is a difficult problem for anyone modelling a humanoid.

a quick render, you can kinda
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but it's only about half the angle you want and there's already big problems with the hip. you could never make her stand like this, and a lot of the verticality comes from the camera angle deliberately hiding the body angle. this is basically almost a sitting pose, simply shot from a weird angle.