VN Ren'Py Whispering Walls [Development Thread]

AlexTheroux

Mar 7, 2023
Hello,
My name is Alex Theroux, and I'm the lead developer on a new game called Whispering Walls. An adult game with an emphasis on having an intriguing story and choice. Whispering Walls is about finding new paths in life after losing sight on one finds themselves on. As well as finding one when you've been on it for so many years.

1.png

In the game you play as a second year college named Sam. After a long battle with his family, finds himself in the college town he is in without any place to go during his summer break. Luckily, he finds a job in the paper for a temporary housekeeper for a family with long, storied ties to the town he's in.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Currently, we are in development of the first chapter of the game which will serve as an introduction to the game's themes and conflict, as well as set a level of quality we expect to carry throughout the game's development in future chapters. While we are hard at work on the game, the team has prior obligations that we're dealing with. Personally, I am trying to keep a roof overhead and lights running at my day job, and as the only programmer and writer, that can make things slow some weeks. Can only put myself in sleep debt for so long before I have to pay it back.

Hopefully though we are aiming for a tentative release of that first chapter around April at the pace we're at currently.

If you are interested in following the development of the game, you can do that here. If you wish to also financially support the game, you can do so by following our Patreon linked below.

If you wish to also help with the project, we are looking for someone to handle Audio Design as it is not my forte. Feel free to message me through F95Zone.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. Hope to have some enticing samples of what is ahead soon, along with that first chapter eventually. Take care and hope you have a good rest of your day.

Sincerely,
Alex Theroux