1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Ren'Py] [VN] Where The Heart Is [Ep5 v0.07a] [CheekyGimp]

Discussion in 'Games' started by UncleVT, Mar 20, 2018.

[Ren'Py] [VN] Where The Heart Is [Ep5 v0.07a] [CheekyGimp] 4.8 5 18votes
4.8/5, 18 votes

1. Thread
  2. Reviews (18)
  1. Lord_b

Lord_b Member

Jan 17, 2018
    As much as I enjoy this game I have zero attraction towards Monica. I started nice to her (not forward or sexual) because she was supposed to be a caring person from earlier in my life but the more she essentially sexually assaulted me the more I began to resent her. The fact that I have been downright rude to her for days with zero real impact on the MC sleeping in her bed and allowing her to constantly get handsy is kind of disappointing.

Really looking forward to how the story goes with Jo, Jessie, and Kate (plus her friends) but will skip the forced interactions with the mother as much as I can.

CheekyGimp likes this.
  2. Ignatz

Ignatz She turned me into a newt! Donor

Feb 17, 2018
    Yup, I would think with the stat tracker, you can simply see what you "scored" at chapter end and then speed through (using "skip" function) to make new choices.

The benefit of this technique is it still makes the player have to play the game rather than just jump to sex scenes. I like it (though, I acknowledge many people don't care to do all the reading and thinking).

Mikedazz1 and CheekyGimp like this.
  3. Hadgar

Hadgar Active Member

Jun 2, 2017
    [​IMG]

groove888, Dem, ulT1m4 and 5 others like this.
  4. DKV

DKV Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Holy fuck I never hated a character as much as I hate Wanda, I dont even care if I dont get progression with her later on, fuq this bitch

a1fox3 and CheekyGimp like this.
  5. CheekyGimp

CheekyGimp Active Member Game Developer

Mar 8, 2018
    Even though I'm disappointed in the release being uploaded early (not angry, just disapointed :p), you almost made it, so I'll still release the walkthrough that I said I'd release if we went pirate-free for the whole two weeks.

Attached Files:

6. CthulhU69

CthulhU69 Member

Jan 18, 2018
    @UncleVT dont forget to update the change-log.

Lucius Logan likes this.
  7. CheekyGimp

Mar 8, 2018
    going 12 days after the early release, without seeing a pirate upload is good enough for me!

botc76, Old Bear, ulT1m4 and 7 others like this.
  8. DragonFire

DragonFire Active Member

Jul 30, 2017
    You sir are the shining example of the fact that it's impossible to please every one! ;)
    I'm sure the Dev could had made an option to skip sexual progression with any of the females within the game, but wouldn't that complicate the story line just a bit? The main story line I mean.. writing multiple paths could also mean making more pictures for those exclusive paths and that delays the update time.

It's a little funny however that at least one player feels sexually violated by a character in game like this one, the irony didn't escape me, so thanks for that smile on my lips :closedeyesmile:

groove888, CheekyGimp and Hadgar like this.
  9. ArgothNephial

ArgothNephial New Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Yeah, I even gave up on the scene with Wanda as I just couldn't stand her at all. Good amount of content, could always wish for more but it was a ton compared with other games recent updates. Wrong kind of game for someone if they're not enjoying Monica as it should be the main focus and she's great. I would say the verbal sparring with Katie is getting a bit over-the-top, but there were signs this time we might be able to start treating her nicely soon, so here's hoping.

My only disappointment is how long I'll have to wait until the next version.

botc76 and CheekyGimp like this.
  10. CheekyGimp

Mar 8, 2018
    Where possible, I do try to give options to skip scenes with certain characters, but as you point out, when it comes to the main characters, this can be difficult. The amount of branching / alternate dialog if we ruled out too many characters too early would be too difficult to manage. and the worry if you cut out too many characters would be that each episode would only be 5mins of play-time because you basically told everyone except one character to Fuck Off!
    So, it is tricky to accommodate everyone.

botc76, ulT1m4, UncleVT and 2 others like this.
  11. Project: MeMe

Project: MeMe Active Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Don't need a walkthrough? I did what I felt was straight-forward and yet all scenes seem to give the regular 'lust not high enough' message. This is normal for all paths or am I missing much?

12. Ignatz

Feb 17, 2018
    Well, sometimes it pays to be bold and sometimes it pays to be careful. If you play the game a couple of times, you will see each character has a particular dialogue trait. If you want to progress with them, you need to choose the response that best fits that trait.

Seems complicated, but really, it tends to show up pretty early.

groove888, botc76 and CheekyGimp like this.
  13. DragonFire

DragonFire Active Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Exactly my point!
    If that other player doesn't like a main character in your game, he just have to keep sucking it up and take it like a man, maybe he'll end up with a reverse sexual harassment fetish? :openedeyewink:
    In all seriousness though, I for one (like many others in here it seams) do enjoy you're game, the story telling and progression, so my deepest thanks for creating it, to your whole team in fact, and equally great to see you read and post on this pirate forum :)
    Wish I could support it on Patreon, but I really don't want that site to get a piece of my donations, I cut of my support to a lot of games when Patreon decided to censor everything and kill the creative freedom.

groove888, botc76 and CheekyGimp like this.
  14. Lord_b

Lord_b Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I am in no way saying that the dev need to change their game to accommodate me or anyone else just simply stating that I didn't have any desire as a player to see more of Monica. I get that everyone has their own personal idea of what is attractive and Monica simply doesn't do it for me.

The game has enough interesting story arcs and enough variations of women that there is plenty to keep most people happy. If two out of the game are not attractive to me there are still plenty others who are.

I appreciate that you are taking efforts to limit forced interactions when players choose to not want them. I can imagine that there was plenty that I likely missed due to shutting down Monica at every opportunity.

CheekyGimp likes this.
  15. Project: MeMe

Sep 24, 2017
    Kinda like her, as an accomplice doing evil things I mean :eek:) Bet she's a whore deep down.

CheekyGimp likes this.
  16. Project: MeMe

Sep 24, 2017
    I don't think I've unlocked a single scene that requires a certain lust score. I've not no idea what went wrong. Unless there are no such scenes written yet and are skipped automatically?

17. DragonFire

DragonFire Active Member

Jul 30, 2017
    I think the idea was to indeed hate her and break that bitch into a submissive play thing, can only dream of the possibilities later on.. *lewd smile*
    Now how to twist around an obnoxious, racist, little rich girl, so she opens her eyes and change her ways? Oh I know!! Let's enslave her, making her addicted to the MC's sexual skills and size! :openedeyewink:

groove888 and CheekyGimp like this.
  18. DragonFire

DragonFire Active Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Not sure if you have messed up in the beginning, but scroll up to

Please Log in / Register to view this link

There you'll find the Dev's post of the Official Walk Through from 1-4, it doesn't include this update though, but apparently the choices/points early on from day 1 has a lot of impact in the later game stages.
    Personally I'm tempted to restart from scratch for maximum possible score, though Maximum on all scores are not possible.

19. Ignatz

Feb 17, 2018
    I think it's pretty clear what you are supposed to do with Wanda when you see the stats screen for her. It lists "control" as the counting factor, so you are meant to either ignore her or go full-out domineering on her.

groove888 and CheekyGimp like this.
  20. Lucius Logan

Lucius Logan Well-Known Member Donor

May 5, 2017
    @CheekyGimp
    Very good update! You're on the cool path in history!

I honestly prefer Monica than any of her two daughters ... hahaha
    Jenna is cute now Katie is ugly (only nice ass)... kkk

CheekyGimp likes this.