• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

When you quit something for the weirdest reason

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Short story: I quit a game because i wouldn't let my character /bow to an npc.

Long story: If you didn't know already, Archeage had/is having a most unsuccessful launch of their latest update.
I was too lazy to delete the game when i tried it some months back, so i said wth, let's go back in. Anyway, 30 min spent making a character of the new race, trying out styles, horns, hairs and stuff, another 5-10 min fooling around in the tutorial and you finally start out.
The main quest for most if not all characters requires them to eventually type "/bow" in chat while selecting the requested NPC. I know because i did it before on 3 other characters. But for some reason i can't tell, my reaction this time was "I bow to no one, fool!". Unfortunately that's not an option, so i did the only thing left at my disposal: i quit.

Any of you gave up on something because of a silly reason?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Years ago, I was playing PWI and had a barbarian who was a strong Tank. During an early boss fight with Keroro, some dude started amping up his damage and drew his attention. I did what I could and saved his bacon while everyone was scrambling. I got Keroro back to me again and they're still running away being completely ineffective. Healer's chasing after the injured damage dealer, etc. The other damage dealers had scattered, as well. I was really really hungry (honest!) so I said "screw it!" and walked out of the dungeon with a big freaking toad following me halfway through. I got outside and parked the character.
After eating a sandwich, I come back and everybody's outside screaming at each other. Everyone died except me. Apparently when Keroro folllowed me, a recently healed DD decided he might be weak enough to kill... but he forgot to buff himself for the slowdown, extra damage, etc and Keroro went after him and was lead to the rest of the party who had not healed up fully since the Healer didn't bring enough pots. So he killed them all!
All because I was really hungry. They were saying if I hadn't been hungry, Keroro would be dead. If a couple guys hadn't been idiots, I could have gotten a sandwich while my tank was doing his job. o_O
Because of some dorks getting hissy over me being hungry, I took a 6-7 month hiatus from the game. I only returned because they introduced a new race and new classes.

hondata

Aug 15, 2016
Some dick stole my red buff in League so I ran down mid. I told him not to take it but he did, and he paid the price.

Souleater

F95 Museum Director
Uploader
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
quit playing leauge a while back cause i took "stole" the mid laner's (and the mid laner being a zed with capped cdr) and he ran it down mid so i lost my promos to gold

OldmenKing

Sep 23, 2016
(Sorry for the Spoiler). Quit Star Wars The Old Republic I was play it, it was fun at first then saw Chapter 8 END TIMES and then I said wtf and "what did the five fingers say to the face" "Slap!" Chapter 9 THE ETERNAL THRONE the white wash part of the game fun but still it's like being Boba Fetted "The instance in which a potentially interesting character is eliminated before doing anything interesting". That is why I quit swtor Chapter 8 the story teller got tarp in it's story about a all powerful Sith Emperor, then he get's Boba Fetted in Chapter 9 WTF!. (Sorry for the Spoiler).

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
Had a hard time finding a job due to the economic situation. So got one after some time in a warehouse. Little did i know and neither did they tell me in advance that i had to climb up on a ladder frequently to get some stuff. So I got in on that Monday morning in a good mood. They gave me my task I looked at the ladder, i turned around and told the one teaching me I got a fear of heights, asked how often one should go up and went home. Now when i get a interview i each time ask. And each time i get a strange look at first from the one conducting the interview. If i do have to climb stuff and work at heights.

Game related, I quit quite a strong raiding guild in WoW, cause they changed their rules. They wouldn't allow any female players anymore inside the guild. Thought they sucked. Little did they know their best healer at that time was a girl, she quit as well.
Fun thing, they went from one of the better guilds at that time, to quite the worst.

Ventrusoul

Oct 15, 2016
Had a hard time finding a job due to the economic situation. So got one after some time in a warehouse. Little did i know and neither did they tell me in advance that i had to climb up on a ladder frequently to get some stuff. So I got in on that Monday morning in a good mood. They gave me my task I looked at the ladder, i turned around and told the one teaching me I got a fear of heights, asked how often one should go up and went home. Now when i get a interview i each time ask. And each time i get a strange look at first from the one conducting the interview. If i do have to climb stuff and work at heights.

Game related, I quit quite a strong raiding guild in WoW, cause they changed their rules. They wouldn't allow any female players anymore inside the guild. Thought they sucked. Little did they know their best healer at that time was a girl, she quit as well.
Fun thing, they went from one of the better guilds at that time, to quite the worst.
female healers/support are the best, simply because they actually care about you

Reactions: Onysko

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
female healers/support are the best, simply because they actually care about you
Ofcourse there are some who justt are terrible at it, but i know another example other guild, less hardcore. A female rogue. Was on par with the other rogues/dps, but at times better at surviving and keeping the damage up. Why? Tunnel vision. Lots of players (mostly teenage boy hunters) seem to suffer from this. And woman seem to be able to multi task better.

Now about the younger female palyers. The teens usually they seem to be " needy" and lack the multi tasking skills. But that's my experience. And most females seem to suffer from a passive called " stubborness" . Had holy priest healer, who me and another tried to convert into a discipline priest for a few years. Then suddenly at that one boss in firelands, she suddenly caved in. After that she enjoyed it.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
I stop play an MMO that I forgot the name nor it's unique feature as these days them are the same, because of "Online Stalker".

First of all, I always play Female Character on ANY MMO games. First, love to see female butt for 200 hours than male one. Second, I like how woman attribute so sexy than male coolness, and third, easy getting help. :HeyGuys:

Back to story, this kid "IN LOVE" with my character. I said to him, "Dude, I'm a guy ...", he said "I don't care, your character is so pretty". Back the days, I have schedule of playing games, as I'm still freeman. Start 8pm to 2am. This dude keep showing up and as Top level players don't have a lot option of area to grinding, exactly only 3 zones, and there he is, always waiting for me on these 3 location and follow "my sexy ass". When this goes for 2 weeks straight, time for me to quit it. It's just so creepy to have your own stalker. especially not in love with me, but with my Char.:WutFace:

Somehow, I felt the creepy feeling of a woman being look by perverted guys.

Reactions: lordofevilcr

Dictateur

Aug 7, 2016
First of all, I always play Female Character on ANY MMO games. First, love to see female butt for 200 hours than male one. Second, I like how woman attribute so sexy than male coolness, and third, easy getting help. :HeyGuys:
I'm a huge fan and long time MMO player. Always played Korean ones, known to be the most difficult and punitives. They' making a shit ton of mmo's and they're good at it. And ok, having sexy characters with non practical armors because, yes a game isn't made to be realistic but enjoyable. But dayum brah. Sometimes I see korean mmo as fricking whores that will play the fan service card to the end. Not fixing bugs but adding useless bikini costumes. I quit the mmo TERA, not only for that reason but because almost everyone plays a shitty race called Elin. Basically this is a loli kemomimi (I think that they call it that way in japan) with animals ears, tails and shit. And the company released a few other classes to the game. , yes (maybe even more) classes are gender lock. Meaning you can only play those classes with a unique gender. You guess it, by playing FEMALE characters. I'm not against " kawaii culture " or whatever you call it. But when almost all your game revolve around this, i'm out brah. And this is not an advocacy against you Benn82 lol, I just quoted you to bounce of the question of over sexy female characters.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Short story: I quit a game because i wouldn't let my character /bow to an npc.

Long story: If you didn't know already, Archeage had/is having a most unsuccessful launch of their latest update.
I was too lazy to delete the game when i tried it some months back, so i said wth, let's go back in. Anyway, 30 min spent making a character of the new race, trying out styles, horns, hairs and stuff, another 5-10 min fooling around in the tutorial and you finally start out.
The main quest for most if not all characters requires them to eventually type "/bow" in chat while selecting the requested NPC. I know because i did it before on 3 other characters. But for some reason i can't tell, my reaction this time was "I bow to no one, fool!". Unfortunately that's not an option, so i did the only thing left at my disposal: i quit.

Any of you gave up on something because of a silly reason?
I don't know when or how to quit, ask anyone.

If you don't like were a game is going, decompile that shit, mod it how you want, enjoy, and don't forget to share.
sometimes you can use console, or cheat engine, etc. but NEVER ever let a game beat you.