Whats that game,you just can't get into?

Jun 7, 2023
I'm just curious as to what everyone's game is. You know that game,the one everyone seems to love,but you just can't get into for whatever reason.

Mine are Hail Dicktator,just because I can't get over my hate for Leah long enough to advance the storyline.

Even though everyone assured me the character changes,don't care,first impressions are important.

My other one is Bare Witness,talking about first impressions, lying bi sexual, roommate lock MC out in freezing weather.

Everyone praises it as these wonderful characters,I was like bro,y'all ain't never experienced cold if you weren't annoyed by that.

Like the cold can kill your ass real quick. So that was another game,one update and I'm out

Anyways,what's the popular game,you can't get into,and why?

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
The Last Sovereign, because I don't like MC (Simon). From what I've seen it's a great game, but I, like some characters ingame, want him to be an unstoppable sigmachad melting brains Overwhored-style. Instead, he's mature and has a moral compass, and the game's premise is that he doesn't use his powers like an insatiable psycho rapist avatar of corruption. Bleh.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I can't get into Hail Dictator either, suffered through it once, will never do again as it pretends to be something but is something else entirely and manages to be a boring grindfest with no return to show for it really. My opinion of course.

Being a Dik, i have to join the 'not getting into it' club, unfortunately although not because of Wicked's reasons. I think it's just boring. It's heavily story focused and i find the story just another high-school melodrama. It's a game that forces you to take the story seriously but for me it's like i'm being forced to watch Disney channel for 8 hours straight. I just can't.

Nov 10, 2023
I can't get into Hail Dictator either, suffered through it once, will never do again as it pretends to be something but is something else entirely and manages to be a boring grindfest with no return to show for it really. My opinion of course.

Being a Dik, i have to join the 'not getting into it' club, unfortunately although not because of Wicked's reasons. I think it's just boring. It's heavily story focused and i find the story just another high-school melodrama. It's a game that forces you to take the story seriously but for me it's like i'm being forced to watch Disney channel for 8 hours straight. I just can't.
I got through till episode 8 cause Hell Week stuff reminded me of American Pie/Jack ass. Then the newer stuff was bogged down by mini games and pointless drama, so I lost interest. :HideThePain:

Ratrio

Aug 21, 2018
Being a Dik I suppose. I actually really like the game for the most part, but I hate the fact it's not a harem game and there are multiple routes, consequences, etc.

I like seeing all the content in a game and the way it's structured means I either have to repeat stuff I've seen before just to see new stuff, or I skip the stuff I've seen before and end up getting something that feels really fragmented because it's just new content. Both options suck compared to just being able to see everything in one playthrough, imo.

Reactions: Whosbeenfappin

twinklecake

May 21, 2018
BaDIK for me too. I just didn't get excited by any of the girls/scenes on offer, not that I got through all that much of the game.

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
Waifu Academy - I've already played it before, more than a year ago. Just downloaded the latest update and remembered how I hate MC's fat friend. He's like the dumbest and creepiest guy you can find in the universe, MC hates him too. Every time I start a conversation with him - I almost immediately save and quit for a few hours to cool off.

Are you playing the same Hail Dicktator that I've played? Sure it had some sandbox management at the beginning, but later in game there is literally ZERO grind. For a few years already every new update adds more story and unlocks repeatable scenes as it goes. Hotel runs by itself, money is not an issue, girls stats are forgotten and stopped updating long time ago. I can summon girls to my room if I want to have fun with them, or check their work and then reward or punish. Its a sandbox full of sex scenes everywhere with anyone in lategame.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Are you playing the same Hail Dicktator that I've played?
Yes.
For a few years already every new update adds more story and unlocks repeatable scenes as it goes.
What you call more story i call miniscule uninteresting nothingness and the repeatables were boring as fuck.
I can summon girls to my room if I want to have fun with them
..which ties to this. I don't care to summon them to see the repeatable if i found said repeatable boring.
Its a sandbox full of sex scenes everywhere with anyone in lategame.
I found the late game to be boring and a chore to get to and said sexscenes bland to the point they weren't rewarding at all.

Please keep in mind that this entire topic is about personal flavor reason why one can't get into a title. These were mine. If Hail Dictator is right up to you ally? Good for you! I prefer different sandbox with differently flavored sexscenes then.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Being a Dik, i have to join the 'not getting into it' club, unfortunately although not because of Wicked's reasons. I think it's just boring. It's heavily story focused and i find the story just another high-school melodrama.
I join you on this. I'm too old and not from the right culture to find the story something else than boring.

As for the games that I can't get into, there's too many to give a list. But, well, WVM is the one that come to my mind. I try it, more or less once a year, but I have to force myself to go to the end of it.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I join you on this. I'm too old and not from the right culture to find the story something else than boring.

As for the games that I can't get into, there's too many to give a list. But, well, WVM is the one that come to my mind. I try it, more or less once a year, but I have to force myself to go to the end of it.
I kinda have forgotten WVM. Way waaay too soppy and the mc is a closet submissive with a mother complex. I don't want to blame it on WVM but jokingly speaking i blame it for my steadily increasing PAPO phobia (Pathological Apologist). I gave up on it loong before my actual last posts in it's thread.

I much rather go for a quick happy-harem-lewds fill to Grandma's House.

firsttry51

Feb 25, 2018
some of the games i gave a legit try and gave up on.

my new family, grandmas house, wvm. > they are all hugging simulators for the emotionally needy, got boring quick, decent sex scenes in some of them tho.

become a rockstar, melody, dating my daughter, sunshine of love. > story/dialogue failed to interest me and the sex scenes weren't good enough to offset that.

straitened times, hail dictator, mystwood manor. > too much clicking, not interesting enough.

maybe with a different mindset i would be able to enjoy some them but my backlogs of games/movies/series is big enough as is.