What's an effective way to promote a forum website?

Kinkie Pie

Oct 12, 2017
My friend tried promoting it on few discord servers and nobody seemed to care, he managed to get ads working on his forum but me and him are the only members active in his forum, is there a way to do it effectively so his forum can be more active?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Well, the first thing when you promote something, whatever it's a forum, a game or anything else, is to raise the curiosity of the public. I understand that right now you aren't promoting the forum, but reading your post I don't even have the start of a small desire to ask for its name, which isn't positive.
Think about yourself. What make you decide to give a try to a forum ? It's clearly not some, "come to my forum", but its already available content. Well, the same apply for people who will want to try your friend's forum.

Kinkie Pie

Oct 12, 2017
Well, the first thing when you promote something, whatever it's a forum, a game or anything else, is to raise the curiosity of the public. I understand that right now you aren't promoting the forum, but reading your post I don't even have the start of a small desire to ask for its name, which isn't positive.
Think about yourself. What make you decide to give a try to a forum ? It's clearly not some, "come to my forum", but its already available content. Well, the same apply for people who will want to try your friend's forum.
It's basically F95Zone alternative with difference. I've already set up dozens of threads to get started.