• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Whatever happened with Gofile?

Gedeon5

Nov 26, 2019
I just noticed most updates this week had no options for gofile anymore, which was my main option for downloading before, so what happened? Why do all post suddenly decided to avoid using gofile? I tried to search online for reason but couldn't find anything.

terryeon

Aug 9, 2017
its been very unstable. Uploads keep failing when we try to use it.
Older browsers are having TSL timeouts on their service thus they're doing something or changed something up a bit.

If you contact them about an issue like uploads failing, they will respond. The provider for one of their server ranges had an entire dynamic IP range black listed for some reason, that I was on, a long while back and was able to contact them to have them resolve the entire thing very quickly with their provider. They seem quite nice and human. How sad is it that I need to mention they act like humans....Anyhow, just letting ya know as it's a good service vs the alternatives if someone feels like contacting them.

ParkG

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Can confirm. Uploads keep failing for no reason, and upload time takes forever only for it to fail.
I really like Gofile though, hopefully they'll fix this issue soon.

McFuckyy96

Aug 7, 2022
I hope GoFile becomes available for more games again, it was much only viable option apart from Pixeldrain but there download limit gets reached so fast

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
idk, but I hope it's fixed soon. Gofile is the only download besides Mega that doesn't mess up halfway through. Since Mega is a 5gb cap it's basically useless.

terryeon

Aug 9, 2017
GDrive (aka google) and mediafire are also good but rarely used now days on here. GDrive requires you to log into an account to download from them else it tells you it reached max downloads most times but else works fine. Mediafire is just plain good but I could have sworn seeing it on the blacklisted sites a while back as they remove content for ToS violations and copyright violations in a timely manner which was causing issues for some games due to their content. For reference, the max file size per site is... Gofile is 30gig, GDrive is 15G, and mediafire is 10G going by the site's approved hosts thread.

I would like to know if fiber users with high upstream bandwidth are also getting upload failures or if this is mainly happening with the limited upstream speeds of cable. I won't see fiber for a few years yet so I can't do any ~2500mbps testing myself and thus stuck at 30mbps until then. If it happens regardless then it's most likely hardware or their servers could be activating some type of protection if it happens around a certain point of data transferred. May be useful info if anyone was going to contact them to help troubleshoot the issue.

ParkG

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
I'm one of the few who use Google for uploads, mainly because it is the most stable of the bunch, in my experience.

Mega is really good too, its speed tops the others easily imo. Maybe not for bigger uploads/downloads, but for smaller size VNs (1GB-3GB), Mega is a good site for that.

I tried Pixeldrain recently (because Gofile is currently unstable), and it's alright.

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
Problem currently is many file sizes are over the 5gb size limit for Mega and Pixeldrain, and stuff like filesfm, dropmefiles and mixdrop to name a few are to slow (as in 1hour plus download time for such size downloads) and prone to failing halfway through.

Hopefully Gofile gets added back into the mix soon, cause i think a majority of the users here are not going to pay to get premium services on either of the first 2 mentioned just to get more download cap space.

Last edited:

Gedeon5

Nov 26, 2019
GDrive (aka google) and mediafire are also good but rarely used now days on here. GDrive requires you to log into an account to download from them else it tells you it reached max downloads most times but else works fine. Mediafire is just plain good but I could have sworn seeing it on the blacklisted sites a while back as they remove content for ToS violations and copyright violations in a timely manner which was causing issues for some games due to their content. For reference, the max file size per site is... Gofile is 30gig, GDrive is 15G, and mediafire is 10G going by the site's approved hosts thread.

I would like to know if fiber users with high upstream bandwidth are also getting upload failures or if this is mainly happening with the limited upstream speeds of cable. I won't see fiber for a few years yet so I can't do any ~2500mbps testing myself and thus stuck at 30mbps until then. If it happens regardless then it's most likely hardware or their servers could be activating some type of protection if it happens around a certain point of data transferred. May be useful info if anyone was going to contact them to help troubleshoot the issue.
Mediafire is probably better for users but very few developers seem to use it.

Hello21

Jun 23, 2018
I thought the upload thing is a browser problem. Like when you left a tab untouch for awhile. It stop to free up ram in some browsers.