Seeking What you think about visual Part of new Game?

asgftaf

Jun 2, 2017
Hi there , we build our game and created 3/4 parts of it. For now we work with code but i want see your opinion about visual part of game.
What do you think, looks good or need some reworked?

I attach some screenshoots for you rewiew. 7.JPG

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Hi there , we build our game and created 3/4 parts of it. For now we work with code but i want see your opinion about visual part of game.

I attach some screenshoots for you rewiew. View attachment 226144
amazing! but, since the screens show thw town in daylight, the torches could be extinguished (unless they work as wards against monsters), I'm also concerned about the image tagged as 6, it looks like the building is catching fire, otherwise I'd galdly visit this lovely hamlet

Reactions: asgftaf and Akamari

asgftaf

Jun 2, 2017
amazing! but, since the screens show thw town in daylight, the torches could be extinguished (unless they work as wards against monsters), I'm also concerned about the image tagged as 6, it looks like the building is catching fire, otherwise I'd galdly visit this lovely hamlet
About 6 pics - bad perspective. Abount light i understand, sometimes later i upload image in dark time with torch light.

PS: All pics not rendered, it's all ingame-footage.

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

I attach some screenshoots for you rewiew. View attachment 226144
Looks like a nice little place to take a stroll in. The trees in particular look great.

I agree with Kuko on the torches. However, finding a game that does torches right (even mainstream) is next to impossible.

In my opinion, lanterns would be better (and more logical and practical) replacement.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
For those that used Unity at least once, the standard extra saturated grass hurts.
The rest is good, which is a shame, considering that it would look so much better if you were to use better grass.

You mentioned that they are not rendered but I am sure the lighting and shadowing will be quite a sight once they are, so +1 on that as well.

I would also suggest you to consider using post processing, especially since (from what I have understood) you will be using those as pre-rendered backgrounds, you should not be too generous with the post processing to get the best result since at the end it won't impact the performance at all.

-edit-
By pre-rendered backgrounds I mean literally saving them as images because otherwise the post processing would hurt performance.
Even if that is not the case, having toggleable post processing effects would be a nice option to give.

asgftaf

Jun 2, 2017
Looks like a nice little place to take a stroll in. The trees in particular look great.

I agree with Kuko on the torches. However, finding a game that does torches right (even mainstream) is next to impossible.

In my opinion, lanterns would be better (and more logical and practical) replacement.
It's Fantasy with Magic / steampunk technology looks like goblin technology in Warcraft.
It's small part of game, i upload more later, i try to do every location original. House on Tree, Vilage, Castle, Beach House with ancient ruins, Lost Tower and etc.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Torches are good imho, they look "weird" because of no post-processing, so distortion and glow to name a few.
From what I can see, the only detail they lack is a soft smoke.

asgftaf

Jun 2, 2017
For those that used Unity at least once, the standard extra saturated grass hurts.
The rest is good, which is a shame, considering that it would look so much better if you were to use better grass.

You mentioned that they are not rendered but I am sure the lighting and shadowing will be quite a sight once they are, so +1 on that as well.

I would also suggest you to consider using post processing, especially since (from what I have understood) you will be using those as pre-rendered backgrounds, you should not be too generous with the post processing to get the best result since at the end it won't impact the performance at all.

-edit-
By pre-rendered backgrounds I mean literally saving them as images because otherwise the post processing would hurt performance.
Even if that is not the case, having toggleable post processing effects would be a nice option to give.
We have some little problem with optimization (30 fps it's so low for us), when we fix distance LOD trees we maybe rework grass. It's not much time. Thanks

asgftaf

Jun 2, 2017
111.png

Lust Island at night time.
We are preparing demo for public and our progress is 90% of 100%
We hope it will be done soon =)