What would you say is the best beginner's guide for Daz 3D?

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I've played around a little in Daz, even made one render just try to it out (with the default character), but I'd still prefer to have a "start from scratch" guide that assumes you know nothing whatsoever, and takes you step-by-step through everything you need to know to make the kind of renders that we see in the games that are posted here. I'm a good learner, but I don't do well with lessons where the tutor makes leaps or assumptions about what the student already knows.

Virge

Aug 19, 2017
I'd also like to ask the same, with a but; I've seen many games around here using Daz renders. Sure enough, they look fine, but some of these games' renders are so, so much better than the rest. Higher res, higher details on almost everything. Character's skin looking like actual skin, scene's lighting looking pretty and proper, while other games' scenes are bland and very similar to others.

I know the very basics of Daz as to make bland scenes and what-not, but I cannot even begin to imagine how the actual beautiful renders are made. If there's any guide that gives tips on that regard, helping make your scenes less bland and shine, I'd be extremely grateful.

Reactions: rb813