• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz What rendering tool is used for Dreaming of Dana and others?

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
I'm interested in finding out the graphics program used to create screens and characters in Dreaming of Dana, The Gift Reloaded, and many more games that I've played, does anyone know what makes those? I know it's not Daz 3D, although that's a fine program.

Does anyone know, and can clue me in?

Haexoi

Apr 12, 2017
that sure looks like DAZ/Poser to me. He might be using 3Dsmax, but if so, I would guess that most of the characters he's using came out of DAZ or Poser.

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Yeah, they are Daz3D renders. In Dreaming of Dana the characters are all rendered separately from background for quick and dirty scenes.

The male character is the figure "Micheal 7" from Daz3D, left pretty much as default with no hair.
I'm not 100% sure what figure Dana is, but I have seen her before somewhere.

You can export Daz3D scenes to a number of 3rd party 3D software, or just render to an external render engine. But, it looks like it's just Daz3D Iray, as is the case for most of the game like this.

Reactions: Walt Dee

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Could also be "Poser", which uses "Daz3D" models... (Gen3 models don't function as they do in Daz3D, but they can be exported, once posed, for rendering and other manipulations.)

They also export, with some-more limits, to... Cinema-4D, Maya, Blender, iClone... and 3DS-Max

There are also various rendering-engines... Some come with certain 3D-manipulators, like Daz3D and Poser, as well as each of the various plugins for actual 3D-Modeling programs.

90% of everything used now, is all prefabricated Daz3D stuff. It just works, it's easy and much is free. Other 3D things usually require some kind of intimate knowledge to use them. Not to mention that other things are difficult to obtain.

Daz3D is the gateway drug to actual 3D-Development... Just like SketchUp-3D is, to actual architecture.

Last edited: