• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

What kind of rogue would you dig?.

What kind of Rogue would you like ?.

• 90s One

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Evolution One

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Younger 90s version hybrid.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Angel1984

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2020
Hi.
So in regards to our game : Professor XXX

We would like to ask what kind of Rogue character would you dig more?.

There is 90s Rogue world famous for her butt shot... in addition there is an 90 X-Men show remake in the works witch would probably boost her up some.

Or there is an Evolution version .. with her being a teenager would fit more into our setup..

We are also considering making our own young version of the 90s iteration.

1708625912761.png 1708625996234.png

So.. what would you prefer ??

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
looking at the game preview quality I doubt it'll matter. they'll both end up looking like your own 3rd party version anyway (which is a good thing).

use whatever fits your game better. would be extremely dumb to use the worse fitting one just because some dumdum here preferred it. we're all idiots here in case you haven't noticed, no one should be taking notes from us.

• Haha
Reactions: Angel1984

jkj54

Jan 15, 2020
Well do not forget evolution was cut short because of "special reasons" so we never got more of there female superhero squad with a different rouge look

1708655131112.jpeg

While the 90's version has the powers of ms marvel if i recall that is why the flight.

(edit: yes she had her steal powers mutant ability but i remember reading she touched ms marvel got a permanent dose or something to that affect)

Monke Cooke

Feb 8, 2024
Personally, I prefer the 90s design, but this is just personal preference, Evolution's Rogue looks great (maybe better designed overall, but I still prefer the old look).

Just pick whatever you feel would fit the rest of your game better, honestly. Which era are you taking more inspiration from? It might feel weird if you put a 2000s goth girl in a cast of 90s superheroes (or not, maybe it would look just fine and I just don't realize it).

Angel1984

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2020
Personally, I prefer the 90s design, but this is just personal preference, Evolution's Rogue looks great (maybe better designed overall, but I still prefer the old look).

Just pick whatever you feel would fit the rest of your game better, honestly. Which era are you taking more inspiration from? It might feel weird if you put a 2000s goth girl in a cast of 90s superheroes (or not, maybe it would look just fine and I just don't realize it).
We mix them depending on the feel ;)...
Evolution Beast looks abysmal for instance.. same goes for Logan. Rogue....i really like the Rogue design.. But then i really like the suit of the 90s .. yeah our team is preety much evenly split that's why the pool :D.

But the pool is evenly split as well sooo... a coin toss ?. :p

Me-ta-Xa

Oct 27, 2022
Ha! looking at the title of this topic I was first dragged back to my WoW days...Imma vote assasination Rogue!!! all the way!
But that's a different story :sneaky:

Nevertheless I've always been a big fan of the X-men genre and Rogue is in MY top 3 of best characters through out the years.
And being at that age feeling nostalgia when I see the 90's shows again...I definately go for the 90's suit for Rogue as well :p

But looking at the votes at the time of writing this (23-2)....it's 33.3% for all choices....I wish you devs good luck :ROFLMAO:
Damn that is probably the closest set poll I have ever seen! It's a freaking tie so far (y):eek:

• Haha

jkj54

Jan 15, 2020
True that!....still wouldn't change it if I could, too much fun when taking out those old photo albums again...part of the era :LOL:
So true you can see the identity in each era then go to our current era and its like that old apple commercial now every female celebrity doing the horrific kardashian look and every person got the same style/look or does what is trending :(.

This is Vampire Diaries' cast. arrested for flashing drivers & hanging from bridge all were charges were dropped

The mugshot though
1708734428009.png

Monke Cooke

Feb 8, 2024
We mix them depending on the feel ;)...
Evolution Beast looks abysmal for instance.. same goes for Logan. Rogue....i really like the Rogue design.. But then i really like the suit of the 90s .. yeah our team is preety much evenly split that's why the pool :D.

But the pool is evenly split as well sooo... a coin toss ?. :p
I find that coin toss does help deciding on even splits like this. If it lands on something you actually prefer, you'll be fine with the result, but if it you'd rather go with the other option, it will become clearer once you're being "forced" to go with something different. Always helped me decide things.

You guys can always iterate a bit on mixed designs and see what fits best the style of the rest of the game. Personally I really like the 90's costume as well, not just the tight suit, but especially the short jacket overlayed on top of it, so you could try to see if it works with the more modern hair of evolution (or a hair in between them). You could also try to add some elements of evolution's design to the 90's costume and see if it looks good.

Also take note of how you guys are thinking of writing her in the game, her design should agree with how she carries herself. 90's rogue is a bit more energetic while evolution's design has a more rebellious and no-nonsense kind of vibe.

• Red Heart
Reactions: jkj54 and Angel1984