• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

What is the issue with this code?

Jackboo1

Aug 26, 2017
default variablevalue1 = 2
default variablevalue2 = 4
default variablevalue3 = 6
default variablevalue4 = 8
default variablevalue5 = 10
default variablevalue6 = 12
$ variablevalue1= 0
$ variablevalue2 = 0
$ variablevalue3 = 0
$ variablevalue4= 0
$ variablevalue5 = 0
$ variablevalue6 = 0

Is the default statement already declaring the variable?

Because from nowhere I get an error showing: Exception: store.variablevalue1 is being given a default second time........second time? how tf? I didn't get this error before lol

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
there's a typo on $ variable 1 and 4 with a missing space
otherwise is it only for value 1. if you remove it and check if variable 2 gives an error, it may be an incorrect code all-together

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Jackboo1

Aug 26, 2017
there's a typo on $ variable 1 and 4 with a missing space
otherwise is it only for value 1. if you remove it and check if variable 2 gives an error, it may be an incorrect code all-together
I typed wrong only here in the thread, in the code is right, my bad.... BUT...

.... I just found the fix.

I just edited the var.rpy file to vars.rpy and the var.rpyc file was kepted in the directory. I had no idea that it has impact during the compilation lol

I almost lost my mind. Well, living and learning I guess :pokerFace:

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
yeah well, if you ever change .rpy file names again, just search for all .rpyc files in the folder and delete them ;)

Reactions: Jackboo1

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
...or use the "Force Recompile" option in the main Ren'py screen, which will rename any "orphaned" .rpyc files so they won't bother you.