Ren'Py What is the best free image generator for RenPy? I need a consistent(same) character but with different poses.

Dark Knight94

Apr 16, 2024
What is the best free image generator for RenPy? I need a consistent(same) character but with different poses.

I am not a good artist here.
I need it to generate some good images with same character so that I can make it a novel. Anyway to do it?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I assume you mean with AI? Use youtube to search for tutorials and suggestions, tons of videos there.
Example:

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Трудновато найти для таких целей. Но я видел что создают более менее похожих персонажей для разных сцен. Если не будут хорошие результаты то возможно попробовать HoneySelect 2 или Koikatu. Там и персонажи и фоны и разные стиле.

It's hard to find for such purposes. But I have seen that they create more or less similar characters for different scenes. If you don't get good results, you might try HoneySelect 2 or Koikatu. There are characters and backgrounds and different styles.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I need a consistent(same) character but with different poses.
This is literally the lament of every dev trying to use AI to make game assets - inconsistency in details of face, hair, clothing.

The two closest approaches that I know of are:

1 - use the name of a well known public figure in your prompt. The more common the public photos of the person are, the better this works. (Note that this is why so many early ai generated images looked like Emma Watson- she had a LOT of images in the training sets of early stable diffusion). Downside is that everything will look like a known person which can be weird.

2 - use a source such as Daz to render a consistent character in the poses you need, then feed that into StableDiff via control net openpose and controlnet canny. The daz render does not need to be "good" visually, it just needs a clear body position, and face details. As a bonus you can often get quite consistent clothing details to come through, which is actually hard to do with pure prompt based renders.

Jan 19, 2022
You need to use ROOP to paste an ai generated / real face over a generated image to get consistent Faces, consistent body is a harder thing to achieve

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I think roop/reActor works better for "real" faces, not anime or 2d-cartoon style.