What are these types of games called, or what genres do they belong to?

nickfriendly

Jan 8, 2024
Hi friends.

I would like to know what these types of games are called, or how I can find games similar to this:

- Honey Select 2
- Koikatsu
- Room Girl
- Emotion Creators
- AI Girl
- Sexy Beach

(These types of games, which were normally created by the company Illusion, and allow you to customize the entire character, choose scenes, etc.)

And, can I find these games in this, our forum?

Thanks in advance friends.

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
I don't know if these types of games have a specific name, but genre-wise games made by Illusion and games like it would fall into "simulator" and maybe also "sandbox" category(But on this site sandboxes usually means shittier than usual VN). Also regarding searching on this website add "character creation" tag.
But there aren't many games like that in general. And since you already know about Illusion games, you played the best ones on the market.

You can try the "The klub 17" it's the only game similar to that i know of. And maybe Custom maid 3D, but i haven't played that one, so not sure if it's a same type of game.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickfriendly

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
There are actually (and unfortunately) very few games that exist on this world in this genre, so you don't even need to use the search function, they can easily all be listed.

Apart from the Illusion games you already know:

Wild Life -> This is in terms of sandbox the current state of the art, you can build your own levels and drop sex scenes into it our even animate them from scratch, which of course takes practice. And then finally you can film all of that with cinematic cameras and make your own little movies. The good thing is that all resources are ingame, so everything works well together and this comes also with a character creator.

Virt a mate -> Made for VR mainly, but can be played on a desktop computer without problems. This game has a lot of downloadable characters, scenes and stuff out there. Downsides are that it's more likely to crash than Wild Life, it has a way more fiddly and complicated UI and stuff you download often doesn't work the way it should or isn't compatible with other things. Also, there is no easy way to make your characters cum like in Wild Life.

The Klub 17 -> Previously known as "Sex Villa". Basically outdated, but kept alive by a small community. Personally I find it can't keep up with modern titles, it feels clunky (even the controls) and it's complicated to get to run. Not worth the effort IMO. You'll spend days or even weeks trying to puzzle together what all third party stuff you need to make this look and feel somewhat close to the titles above.

Fallen Doll -> I think this project has several different names, but you should find it with this tag. It's probably the next best thing after Wild Life in terms of accessibility. Downsides are that the game has some copy protection, so the version on F95 is outdated. It lacks 1+ year of updates as far as I am concerned. Also lots of stuff is weird with some machines or tentacles / monsters. That also applies for Wild Life, but Wild Life also has at least a lot of human content already, so you can easily ignore the beast stuff. Lacks character creation afaik.

Carnal Instinct -> Personally not a fan. Lot beast stuff and furries instead of humans, the last time I tried the game (half year ago) the world was empty and not much to do, it also lacks a cool sandbox mode or character creator.

And that's pretty much all that's out there. Well, there are some other small projects, but they're so early in development that it's not really worth mentioning. After playing those above you don't want to check them out.

Last edited: