VN Ren'Py Wet Sand [v0.6.2f] [Likho Games]

4.70 star(s) 7 Votes

ninjasamuri

May 28, 2018
Use URM and give them the points you want. I gave all of the lasses at least a 5. Went ahead and gave the others a 3, so less chance of a mutiny, heh. Search for relations to find the values you need to change.
Well sure you could always cheat but I wanted to talk about the game design and give the devs some feedback

Reactions: Likho Games

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Well sure you could always cheat but I wanted to talk about the game design and give the devs some feedback
I get ya, I always kind of wish devs would not have a points system or at least, don't make them so rigid that one "wrong" choice locks you out of stuff. I get if it is not a harem type game, if one LI catches you with another, after you have "committed", then that would lock you out of future stuff but not in a harem style game or in a non-harem, before you commit, making one or two choices that are not blatantly disrespecting them, should not close a path.

Likho Games

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
I get ya, I always kind of wish devs would not have a points system or at least, don't make them so rigid that one "wrong" choice locks you out of stuff. I get if it is not a harem type game, if one LI catches you with another, after you have "committed", then that would lock you out of future stuff but not in a harem style game or in a non-harem, before you commit, making one or two choices that are not blatantly disrespecting them, should not close a path.
We read and listen to you all :) In the next update we'll start by lowering the number of points needed for scenes +- by 2, and then we'll look for a balance with gifts, additional opportunities to gain or lose points. It's all caught up!

paulzezima99

May 16, 2023
Just finished the latest update, the art really makes this stand out, along with the different personalities of everyone.
The only thing that would help is a way to see different scenes/routes (a skip for the cave puzzle would also be appreciated). Also it would be nice to see a wider use for coins.

Look forward to the next update!

Likho Games

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Just finished the latest update, the art really makes this stand out, along with the different personalities of everyone.
The only thing that would help is a way to see different scenes/routes (a skip for the cave puzzle would also be appreciated). Also it would be nice to see a wider use for coins.

Look forward to the next update!
To see different scenes/routes - not very clear - can you elaborate on what you mean?
A skip for the cave puzzle would also be appreciated - but skip there is, if three times to pass incorrectly, the game itself offers to "rely on intuition" and the maze is passed in a moment :)
Also it would be nice to see a wider use for coins - Yeah, we're just working on spending it on gifts for the girls and maybe something else.

fleetp

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
Any suggestions on how to draw Miss Brown such that she will like it?

EDIT: When I tried to join discord (link in first post) I got an 'invalid invite' error message.:mad:

Very respectfully,
fleet

Last edited:

Likho Games

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Any suggestions on how to draw Miss Brown such that she will like it?

EDIT: When I tried to join discord (link in first post) I got an 'invalid invite' error message.:mad:

Very respectfully,
fleet
In fact, she will like any of the options, the point is the proportion of time spent on details. The programmer says there's some logic to it, but in tests, that's usually how it's done:
1. You choose to draw erotic
2. Don't sketch
3. The next three steps were done either medium or detailed (I forget which)
And then everything would be fine.

As for discord - updated the link, try it again and come to us to chat and tell us about your emotions from the game! If the error is all the same, let's figure out how to get you on our ship :)

fleetp

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
In fact, she will like any of the options, the point is the proportion of time spent on details. The programmer says there's some logic to it, but in tests, that's usually how it's done:
1. You choose to draw erotic
2. Don't sketch
3. The next three steps were done either medium or detailed (I forget which)
And then everything would be fine.

As for discord - updated the link, try it again and come to us to chat and tell us about your emotions from the game! If the error is all the same, let's figure out how to get you on our ship :)
Thank you!

EDIT 1: The Discord link didn't work. The link says "https://<removed>/3iFBK4V"
EDIT 2: The drawing of Olivia instructions didn't work. The following did work for me
a. Draw erotic
b. Don't sketch
c. draw slowly
d. draw sloppy
e. draw detailed

EDIT 3: I'm having fun playing this. :D

Last edited:

Likho Games

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Thank you!

EDIT 1: The Discord link didn't work. The link says "https://<removed>/3iFBK4V"
EDIT 2: The drawing of Olivia instructions didn't work. The following did work for me
a. Draw erotic
b. Don't sketch
c. draw slowly
d. draw sloppy
e. draw detailed

EDIT 3: I'm having fun playing this. :D
Ah, glad you figured out the mini game!
As for discord - give us your nickname, we'll manually add it.

DonTirri

Jan 9, 2018
What I think this game needs, imo, is a mod that gives "choose all" option for stuff like the first night on the Slime beach and the neck bite.

While I love the games art-style and the story is pretty interesting, it's not good enough to warrant multiple playthroughs just for some alternate dialogue...

Tbh, that is one of my biggest pet peeves as far as games on this site go: Devs assuming people care enough to do multiple runs. Give us the option for "choose all" ffs.

Likho Games

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
What I think this game needs, imo, is a mod that gives "choose all" option for stuff like the first night on the Slime beach and the neck bite.

While I love the games art-style and the story is pretty interesting, it's not good enough to warrant multiple playthroughs just for some alternate dialogue...

Tbh, that is one of my biggest pet peeves as far as games on this site go: Devs assuming people care enough to do multiple runs. Give us the option for "choose all" ffs.
In fact, we are well aware that players want to get everything at once, but the problem is that we need to find a balance. We have been making the game for three years (for example), and the player goes through everything in a couple of hours, gets everything and runs on, forgetting about the game. Everything is fine for the player, but not so good for the developer. Therefore, it is desirable to maneuver internal mechanics and know the psychology of players, so that they want to return again and again to open the gallery and see the whole story etc.

In the next update, we will lower the point threshold for scenes, but still keep them, as otherwise, any value of the player's relationships and choices is lost. It's a story and we want different choices to resonate differently in the future and give different emotions

DonTirri

Jan 9, 2018
In fact, we are well aware that players want to get everything at once, but the problem is that we need to find a balance. We have been making the game for three years (for example), and the player goes through everything in a couple of hours, gets everything and runs on, forgetting about the game. Everything is fine for the player, but not so good for the developer. Therefore, it is desirable to maneuver internal mechanics and know the psychology of players, so that they want to return again and again to open the gallery and see the whole story etc.

In the next update, we will lower the point threshold for scenes, but still keep them, as otherwise, any value of the player's relationships and choices is lost. It's a story and we want different choices to resonate differently in the future and give different emotions
Here's the thing: Expecting multiple playthroughs to enjoy the entire game can backfire violently. Just look at Mass Effect 3's ending. (you mentioned Bioware at one point).

Also, look at this way: Unless your game REALLY draws people in to get multiple playthroughs, most of the stuff you put in the game is only seen by a few people. I know I would be annoyed as a writer if a great bit of writing I do gets completely overlooked by the players because the alternate scene is more attractive.

No matter how you try to justify it, fact remains that people have short attention spans and lack the time and or the patience to go through same bits of content several times to see alternate routes or events.

Besides. Wet Sand currently doesn't offer enough difference to warrant multiple runs. Instead of a flowchart with choices opening new branches, all you got is a highly linear experience with small sidebranches that immediately merge back into the linear path. So experiencing those alternate paths is nothing more than a case of saving and reloading or pressing down skip.

Preventing rollbacks to alter choices is making the whole process intentionally irritating to boot.

I get what you are trying to go for, but I'm just saying it will ultimately backfire on you. People will grow annoyed at you instead of intrigued at the outcome.

Likho Games

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Here's the thing: Expecting multiple playthroughs to enjoy the entire game can backfire violently. Just look at Mass Effect 3's ending. (you mentioned Bioware at one point).

Also, look at this way: Unless your game REALLY draws people in to get multiple playthroughs, most of the stuff you put in the game is only seen by a few people. I know I would be annoyed as a writer if a great bit of writing I do gets completely overlooked by the players because the alternate scene is more attractive.

No matter how you try to justify it, fact remains that people have short attention spans and lack the time and or the patience to go through same bits of content several times to see alternate routes or events.

Besides. Wet Sand currently doesn't offer enough difference to warrant multiple runs. Instead of a flowchart with choices opening new branches, all you got is a highly linear experience with small sidebranches that immediately merge back into the linear path. So experiencing those alternate paths is nothing more than a case of saving and reloading or pressing down skip.

Preventing rollbacks to alter choices is making the whole process intentionally irritating to boot.

I get what you are trying to go for, but I'm just saying it will ultimately backfire on you. People will grow annoyed at you instead of intrigued at the outcome.
Okay, part of the team is in solidarity with your opinion. We will definitely think about how to fix the annoying points! Thank you very much (without sarcasm) for your opinion and thoughts!

fleetp

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
The two side quests I've played (Lauren's and Olivia's) took a reasonable amount of time (not excessive, but certainly not a quick play-thru). The sex-scene pay-off in Lauren's quest was worth the playing time, but my MC didn't have sufficient relationship points with Olivia to get a sex scene, even though I've tried to be extra-nice to Olivia, even at the expense of pissing off the red-head. I modified the side_quests.rpy file slightly to get the Olivia scene.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mofoga

Nov 23, 2018
Coud you elaborate on that? I did not find the relationship attributes in the variable viewer of unren

fleetp

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
Coud you elaborate on that? I did not find the relationship attributes in the variable viewer of unren
I have no clue to which post you were replying.
I don't use unren, but by examing the script files, I figured out that Anna's relationship attribute is an_person.relations.
Likewise, Olivia Brown's relationship attribute is ob_person.relations.
Benno's relationship attribute is be_person.relations.

Likho Games

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Really funny game. Bought it on steam :D
Only thing I didn't like was

Besides that, looking forward to next update.
Thanks for appreciating the game!
But as for Lauren and Cathal - they just have a strong sisterly love, but you made up the rest :)
She's probably looking for someone to lean on and own her. You still have a long way to go!

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Wet Sand [v0.6.2f] [Likho Games] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [164 MB]
- - -

Mac [161 MB]
- - -

4.70 star(s) 7 Votes