VN Ren'Py Welcome to Hell - The Vampire Chronicles [Remastered v0.1.0] [NoobPRO Games]

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Aviz87

Mar 30, 2023
As one who hasn't played this game yet, seeing a remaster mid-dev feels really weird and kinda kills my desire to even boot it up in the first place
Like, 0.1 probably has too little content for me to care yet but there gotta be a reason it's being remade, so I don't wanna touch vanilla either, until the remake is done.

I'll keep this one in my list and check from time to time, the render look good~

Apr 30, 2023
personally I don't understand the need for a remaster since most of us enjoyed the game already and were okay with waiting for an update
My guess is that at least 2-3 people have complainted to the Developer for the way characters look like or something like that and that make him take the decision to remake them....

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Supposedly they will only remake the first three chapters, with the first chapter already finished.
I remember reading that when they finish the remake of chapter 2, they will continue the main story with chapter 8 and then do the final remake of chapter 3.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Supposedly they will only remake the first three chapters, with the first chapter already finished.
I remember reading that when they finish the remake of chapter 2, they will continue the main story with chapter 8 and then do the final remake of chapter 3.
so instead of working on future episodes and ensuring returning players and subs, they'd rather remake the first 2 episodes and then work on episode 8 before going back to remake ep 3? that is honestly the dumbest thing they could do

Reactions: indio68

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018

Hi everyone!
Today we have our dear Jaqueline, who hasn't appeared in our 4K images for a while. I've prepared two exclusive images for you, and you can expect more throughout the week for the Tier.
This image is for the month of March, and I apologize for the delay. Remember, if you want any exclusive images, just request them via Discord. This week, I'll be posting two more images to make up for the delay in our postings.
Big hug, everyone

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
instead of wasting time on this useless renders why don't put out a proper update?? instead of reworking the game , why you dsn'ìt finish the story first? and rework after?

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
so instead of working on future episodes and ensuring returning players and subs, they'd rather remake the first 2 episodes and then work on episode 8 before going back to remake ep 3? that is honestly the dumbest thing they coud do
more dev cursed by this rework shit every day...like shut up and dance..it's infuriating..same BS as the other vampire game that was at chapter 6 if i remember correctly..damn how i hate this behaviour

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
and then there will be ch 4 and 5...and maybe 6...so this will never end

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PickerLewd

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018

Show more
Hello everyone, dear supporters! Let's dive into our weekly development update.
CAP02R_LILY E JAQUELINE -PATREON_095423.png CAP02R_LILY E JAQUELINE -PATREON--02_092738.png CAP02R_LILY E JAQUELINE -PATREON--03_095222.png

I've just completed the scene I was working on, and it turned out excellent. You may remember the scene where Jaqueline wakes Lily in her room, only for them to be surprised by Russo, who is searching for Lily. This scene, which appears in Chapter 2, has always been a bit confusing.
Previously, Lily's room had wide-open windows while she slept, and we faced significant issues with the lighting, which fluctuated from too dark to overly bright. At that time, I made excuses in the dialogue because I didn't know how to adjust the lighting properly in a closed environment. Additionally, the background image visible through the window kept changing positions, which was an obvious error.
The advantage of redoing parts of the initial game is that we can correct these common early-project mistakes, especially when we're still getting the hang of 3D programs and image editing. Now, all these issues have been resolved. I'll share some images from the beginning of the scene so you can see the improved ambient lighting and integrated images in this remaster of Chapter 2.
To address the window problem, I added curtains to Lily's room. The room itself remains unchanged since it appears in other chapters, and I don't want to alter every scene where Lily appears in her usual room. The lighting is now consistently darker. Lily mentions to Jaqueline that she hates brightness and prefers a dark room, so the more gothic lighting prevails throughout the scene, giving a more vampiric tone to Lily and Russo's confrontation.
I'd love to share more images from the scene, but I don't want to spoil the atmosphere of the chapter. Let's keep the excitement contained for now and await the release of the fully remastered chapter soon.
Another confusing part of this scene was Anabelle's arrival, where the choices were complicated. Now, the options are clearer and more straightforward. All the dialogues are being refined, but my current focus is on creating scenes and rendering images. I believe we're nearing the final stages of the episode in terms of scene creation and image rendering. I'm excited to share all the changes made in this remaster of Chapter 2.
The scene I'm currently working on involves deciding which girl you will leave the place with. In the old options, you could choose to go alone, with Anabelle, or with Lily. These options remain, but now you won't miss out on meeting the other girl. All the encounters will happen, but you still need to choose who to go with first. But that's a topic for the next DevLog.
Now, let's talk about the schedule for creating new episodes of W2H. As you know, I'm carrying out my plans to redo the initial part of the game, and Chapter 2 is taking more time than Chapter 1. This was already anticipated in my schedule, as Chapter 2 of W2H is significantly larger than Chapter 1. With all the new changes in the remastered Chapter 2, it becomes even more extensive than the original version, requiring more development time.
With this in mind, I've decided that after completing the remake of Chapter 2, I will take a break from the remaster to focus entirely on creating Chapter 8. I don't want to delay the story development due to the remaster of Chapter 3, which, among the initial chapters, needs the least modifications at the moment. Therefore, I can leave the remaster of Chapter 3 to be completed after Chapter 8.
Here's the schedule so everyone can understand better:
Chapter 1 Remaster -- Completed
Chapter 2 Remaster -- In development
Chapter 8 -- In development (To be released after the remaster of Chapter 2)
Chapter 3 Remaster -- To begin after the release of Chapter 8
Chapter 9 -- Resumption of new chapter creation
My friends, thank you very much for your continued support! I appreciate everyone's patience while awaiting the remaster and the continuation of the story chapters. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I wish you all a great weekend and remember that I'm always online here and on Discord to answer any questions you may have.
NoobPROGames

Dec 8, 2020
Am i the only one who hate when a dev alternates remasters. This makes no sense dev admits chapter 3 needs the least modifications at the moment. Then why not just finish it? What is the point in playing chapter 8 if you will have to go back and play chapter 3 after?

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
Am i the only one who hate when a dev alternates remasters. This makes no sense dev admits chapter 3 needs the least modifications at the moment. Then why not just finish it? What is the point in playing chapter 8 if you will have to go back and play chapter 3 after?
100% agree. I don't think it needed a remaster anyway. But finish that first before moving on. I'm not gonna bother playing chapter 8 until it all gets put together. No point playing two separate games.

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
100% agree. I don't think it needed a remaster anyway. But finish that first before moving on. I'm not gonna bother playing chapter 8 until it all gets put together. No point playing two separate games.
I agree to didn't really think it needed remaster, I started this game because of the shit show Bite turned into with it's remaster and thought it would be good alternative and it was, really enjoyed it and then remaster, I can't win LOL

Reactions: Milton749
3.60 star(s) 29 Votes