• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Webp Thumbnail Preview for Windows

Jun 23, 2020
For thoes who are having webp Images on theyre drive and having issues with previewing them. The usual way would be to open them with an image editor programm but here comes a nifty tool that should increase your workflow. Using it myself.

The Windows Imaging Component provides API for image processing; consequently, programs supporting WIC can offer support for WebP image formats when WebP Codec is installed.

Once these conditions are met, you can view WebP files in Windows Photo Viewer and you will have their thumbnails displayed by Windows Explorer.

Have fun

Reactions: Pixieblink

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
If you are using windows 10 you are better off using this link

Google is the developer of webp and this is their direct download link for their CODEC API
With this you can view the images directly in windows file explorer and so on.

It's always safer to download from the source developer rather than 3rd parties.

Microsft also has their own supposed extension, I haven't tried it because googles worked for me.

Reactions: MisterAnon04