3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Akuniz

Oct 27, 2018
sorry if i missed it, will the game extendended in time so we can play at our pace or keep limited?

Sep 22, 2017
Played a bit a while back but I'm starting a new playthrough. There's just one thing concerning me, and that's something I've read from multiple comments saying you can't really play this at your own pace because it's "timed" and after some time the story comes to an end and you probably can't finish everything. Could anyone clarify this?

Jimyc

May 17, 2017
Played a bit a while back but I'm starting a new playthrough. There's just one thing concerning me, and that's something I've read from multiple comments saying you can't really play this at your own pace because it's "timed" and after some time the story comes to an end and you probably can't finish everything. Could anyone clarify this?
It doesn't infinitely go on because it has a calendar that it follows since it's a school setting and there are things like exams and such, different events etc. which all happen on set dates. Various actions in the game advance time and eventually you reach the end of the current content, which is either the end of November or December, I can't remember right now.
There are various events that have certain requirements for them to trigger and I think there's also some randomness for some of them, so if it takes you a really long time to meet some of those requirements and/or have bad luck, it's possible that you reach the date that currently ends the game before you trigger all the events that you can do. The game isn't finished yet though, new updates increase the number of days you can keep playing.

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
... after some time the story comes to an end and you probably can't finish everything.
Devs say, the game is not meaned to get all in one playthrough.
But my experience is, the more playthroughs you have, the more likely it is to get most of it (or even all). Enjoy ;)

Sep 22, 2017
It doesn't infinitely go on because it has a calendar that it follows since it's a school setting and there are things like exams and such, different events etc. which all happen on set dates. Various actions in the game advance time and eventually you reach the end of the current content, which is either the end of November or December, I can't remember right now.
There are various events that have certain requirements for them to trigger and I think there's also some randomness for some of them, so if it takes you a really long time to meet some of those requirements and/or have bad luck, it's possible that you reach the date that currently ends the game before you trigger all the events that you can do. The game isn't finished yet though, new updates increase the number of days you can keep playing.
That last part made me a bit more relieved, replaying the game every time a new update comes out because there isn't enough in-game time to finish the new content would've been pretty annoying. One last thing, though. Are there events that can only be completed within a certain time period, say, only in October and if you haven't done it by the end of that month, you get locked out of it?

Jimyc

May 17, 2017
One last thing, though. Are there events that can only be completed within a certain time period, say, only in October and if you haven't done it by the end of that month, you get locked out of it?
Looking at the walkthrough, I see two events which seem to be like that.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Some quests/events are House locked too.
True, but the House locked quests are all 'For non-Gryffindors'. So as long as you play as one of the other three houses with one of your playthroughs you're set. You won't need more than two playthroughs until GCS adds more than two single House specific quests.

skalka753

Jan 24, 2019
Do you mean that the game can be continued after the new update? Since last save.

Jimmytest

Oct 15, 2018
I know you can bring yourself or ginny to thr witches sundew but im having trouble triggering the quest as a female character. I picked it up around november time on my male but I want to play as a female, are there any requirements for the quest to trigger that i need to complete?

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
Wands and Witches status Feb/14/19

The code for new version is ready. Now we are start to make an english translation. If everything goes well and no additional testing is needed, we will release an alpha this weekend. The text size in the English version will be about 7,000 words.
Animations are still not ready, so there will be only static images in alpha. But in any case we will complete all the animation before the public version.
There will be four quests in the new version, three of them are devoted to a new character. We add some completely new mechanics with this character, hope you enjoy it. One quest will continue the Hermione's quesline.

Dsandr

May 12, 2018

The code for new version is ready. Now we are start to make an english translation. If everything goes well and no additional testing is needed, we will release an alpha this weekend. The text size in the English version will be about 7,000 words.
Animations are still not ready, so there will be only static images in alpha. But in any case we will complete all the animation before the public version.
There will be four quests in the new version, three of them are devoted to a new character. We add some completely new mechanics with this character, hope you enjoy it. One quest will continue the Hermione's quesline.
I guess Hermione's questline will continue the bonusline.

Sep 22, 2017

I'm just about to start a new playthrough but this gives me pause. Will the new update be compatible with the current version or should I wait until the weekend? I know this hasn't been an issue for a while now but I just want to make sure. Thank you in advance!

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes