player two

Dec 4, 2022
Can someone explain to me why i was able to play build 15 at the highest settings for graphics but now i cant even play build 16 at the lowest settings? keep getting a GPU error. quite frankly its annoying
The Dev pointed out in the post just above yours there's some some "too high resolution" textures. They are going to resolve it. I suspect it'll likely be fixed in Build 18.

If you cannot wait for two weeks+ (assuming you're using the free copy), they posted you can use the DX11 switch to work around it. They posted instructions for that too. Glad there's a workaround.

ya gotta give it up for this Developer. ++ . They are engaged, consistently release on time (even with IRL stuff like moving homes), incorporate our feedback, and identify work arounds quickly. They are top notch and so much better than practically all Devs (even SFW shops.)

player two

Dec 4, 2022
So I got this hot beezkneez Build 17 working on my Fedora Silverblue fc39. It's been a few minutes since I last used Wine+Winetricks and without any DX11 silliness. (My SteamDeck has made me lazy.) I won't be providing Linux support here, just my notes. You can google like everyone, including me.

- sudo rpm-ostree install winetricks wine-core # your specific distro cmd here. You could go OG with their project binaries. That's on you as you're smart.

- reboot

- wine --version && winetricks -V # yields "wine-9.1 (staging)" and "20230212 - sha256sum: ...." for my current fc39.

- mkdir -p ~/.wineprefixes/unreal5 # many GUI managers will expect ~/.wineprefixes. I do mine by engines usually.

- export WINEPREFIX=~/.wineprefixes/unreal5 # you can also put the WINEPREFIX=... in front of the subsequent commands

- WINEPREFIX=~/.wineprefixes/unreal5 winetricks -q corefonts dxvk vcrun2022 vkd3d # watch the show. many fonts pulled from archive.org

- cd into-the-unzipped-archive-directory

- WINEPREFIX=~/.wineprefixes/unreal5 wine Waifu_Dreams_City.exe

Restoring your Saves:

First I made a quick save and quit.

I copied over my WDC.sav from my Windows side %AppData%\Local\Waifu_Dreams_City\Saved\SaveGames\ to ~/.wineprefix/unreal5/drive_c/users/${USER}/AppData/Local/Waifu_Dreams_City/Saved/SaveGames/

- WINEPREFIX=~/.wineprefixes/unreal5 wine Waifu_Dreams_City.exe # relaunch

And there's a mighty fine lady with all her profit and "blessings". XD

It appears to run fine so far. I'll need to run her through her paces and rough her up a smidge to see if she breaks using Wine.

Do NOT expect the Dev to support this crazy. If they implement Easy Anti-Cheat, then it's literally Game Over on Linux.

Dev, please strongly consider not using EAC. It wouldn't make sense given the old releases are free. I understand if you must though.

P.S. This runs just fine through Gnome's RDP session too ... except there's a mouse issue, the keyboard appears just fine with my quick test. The mouse works fine once Esc is pressed or I press "E" and enter the menu screens. It is the orbital viewport control that appears to work with a physical trackpad/mouse - not the RDP mouse movement. I might figure it out eventually. Not a deal breaker for me now I have it running on Linux.

Last edited:

whiteninja125

Apr 12, 2020
The Dev pointed out in the post just above yours there's some some "too high resolution" textures. They are going to resolve it. I suspect it'll likely be fixed in Build 18.

If you cannot wait for two weeks+ (assuming you're using the free copy), they posted you can use the DX11 switch to work around it. They posted instructions for that too. Glad there's a workaround.

ya gotta give it up for this Developer. ++ . They are engaged, consistently release on time (even with IRL stuff like moving homes), incorporate our feedback, and identify work arounds quickly. They are top notch and so much better than practically all Devs (even SFW shops.)
thank you. :)

mugijos95

Jun 7, 2020
Am missing the same one alongside the pink panties, heart chocker, a couple pieces of the demon set somehow and the armband piece with a pink finger sleeve or something
Okay I managed to find most if not all the costumes, for the blue dress as Waifu Dreams Studio mentioned is on floor 9, you see it's quite clever but you actually need to use the teleporters in the floor to reach two "hidden" areas within the floor, that's how you get the witch and the blue dress, as for the demon, it's pretty much the same concept, just go hitting any teleporter, you'll eventually find them.

As for the teleporters acting as a maze-like things, that's clever, well played there 10/10.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Waifu Dreams Studio
Feb 2, 2022
make several idle animations to further define the personality?
I like it, I will think about it
I think this idea is really cool. If we extend that thought:
e.g. different moving:
- walking on hands and feet (crawling)
- legs spread (sometimes called "hentai walk")
- waiting on knees, hands on knees or behind back (when waiting)

player two

Dec 4, 2022
I will never use the EAC, NEVER, EVER!
I think it's very interesting what you have achieved!!, I'll take a closer look later:coffee:
TYVM for avoiding EAC - it will break Steam Deck/SteamOS usage if you plan on releasing on Steam at some point.

I figured it was about time to see if it would easily work on Linux with Wine.

If a Steam release is on the roadmap, even though you might not be adding Controller support, or targeting the Steam Deck, players will be wanting to take their Waifu everywhere they go.

There is a significant portion of Unreal5 games which receive a "Yellow" Steam Deck certification - playable, but with conditions, such as more keyboard & mouse driving and not with built-in controller support. And that's fine, the Steam Deck's input is flexible and players are going to play (what they do best). You keep doing what works for your development flow. It's been awesome. No need to go down a rabbit holes created by players like me. XD

Kinkerguy5

Jun 14, 2022
Okay I managed to find most if not all the costumes, for the blue dress as Waifu Dreams Studio mentioned is on floor 9, you see it's quite clever but you actually need to use the teleporters in the floor to reach two "hidden" areas within the floor, that's how you get the witch and the blue dress, as for the demon, it's pretty much the same concept, just go hitting any teleporter, you'll eventually find them.

As for the teleporters acting as a maze-like things, that's clever, well played there 10/10.
Found the dress and that also gave me the other pieces, just need to find the demon ones i'm missing

Edit; Found the demon set i was missing, thanks for the tips

Last edited:

player two

Dec 4, 2022
While writing that last post, some new game ideas tumbled through my brain (kind of like the Vending Machine Girl did)

Waifus, hrm. What if while at home (or on a floor) you can them do light "Sim" work in whatever they are or are not wearing? Cleaning the kitchen; using the shower or tub; Opps, got stuck in the washer/dryer so toon must entertain themselves to get unstuck. XD;

I still see lots of potential for the Chat aspect. If you can re-use existing animations, I hope it might be easier than a doing an entire floor.
  • Selections that would require a camera angle and position change: stroke self, finger pussy/ass. Toys could be random too.
  • Selection the same choice could rotate through a selection of available positions. No need for position numbers.
  • if chat has two toons randomly appear on screen, an option could appear to stroke/finger/suck the partner's pussy/cock/ass/tits
  • Joi - flip it on the Player. Make the chat tell the player what to do for them. squeeze, pinch, stroke, speed up, slow down, impress me, don't cum until told to (OR have a ruined orgasm), etc.
Just more crazy ideas for your awesome project.

• Red Heart

Cute_Claw

Sep 12, 2021
Could been wonderful to modify your character, similar to a spider/ insect like.
perhaps not like the one already present, but four arms and Chelicerae as a facial addition

• Thinking Face

player two

Dec 4, 2022
Dev, I meaning to post ... In english, when clothing is unlocked, the string appearing in Build 17 is "Cloth Unlocked". It should be "Clothes Unlocked".
* "cloth", singular, means 'a sheet fabric'
* "cloths", plural, means "sheets of fabric"
* "clothes", means "attire" (assembled fabrics)

sometimes english is so silly XD

• Wow

Waifu Dreams Studio

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2023
Dev, I meaning to post ... In english, when clothing is unlocked, the string appearing in Build 17 is "Cloth Unlocked". It should be "Clothes Unlocked".
* "cloth", singular, means 'a sheet fabric'
* "cloths", plural, means "sheets of fabric"
* "clothes", means "attire" (assembled fabrics)

sometimes english is so silly XD
I really need to improve my English so I don't make these mistakes, thanks for the feedback!

Jupix

Apr 7, 2018
It's lovely to see developer actively engaging with F95 community. I understand that game presence on F95 is seen by devs as negative thing more often than not (especially when project kicks off and starts to be financially successful). But I see you're still trying to take in feedback and hopefully you're able to extract some positives points from this relation.

Also please take care and try to avoid burnout. It seems you release consistently and I imagine it can put lot of stress on you. Regards.
P.S. The game is hot, especially floor 3 and 16. Just saying ;)

• Red Heart

Waifu Dreams Studio

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2023
It's lovely to see developer actively engaging with F95 community. I understand that game presence on F95 is seen by devs as negative thing more often than not (especially when project kicks off and starts to be financially successful). But I see you're still trying to take in feedback and hopefully you're able to extract some positives points from this relation.
In fact the f95 community is one of the best imo
it has a lot of active players that help the game to improve and that's the most important thing
actually if it wasn't for the f95 community the game wouldn't be half of what it is xd

4.30 star(s) 25 Votes