Waifu Academy blurred text and crashing

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
Hey sorry for starting this topic but for some reason Waifu Academy topic is locked. Like it says in the title for some reason when I start up the game Waifu Academy the main menu shows up fine but when I go to my saved files or start a new game all the text is blurry and I can't read anything. If I try to play anyway or ever just go to replay scenes the game crashes after 1 or 2 lines. How do I fix this and is there a problem with RENPY, or Waifu Academy specifically? I played other renpy games and they work fine.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Like it says in the title for some reason when I start up the game Waifu Academy the main menu shows up fine but when I go to my saved files or start a new game all the text is blurry and I can't read anything.
Firstly, try to update your GPU/video card drivers. And it if don't works, try to change the graphic renders (press shift when you launch the game, and keep it pressed).

Reactions: nad destroyer

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
Firstly, try to update your GPU/video card drivers. And it if don't works, try to change the graphic renders (press shift when you launch the game, and keep it pressed).
Don't know what you mean by updating GPU/video card drivers... do I have to replace the hardware with newer/better versions? Doesn't matter though I did your trick with holding shift while starting up the program and it worked. I had to try repeatedly though as the game crashed half the time when I did so.

Kaito59!

Sep 4, 2023
I have tried restarting the game reinstalling it the drivers and the shift thing and I still cant get it to work if you can please help I would really appreciate it! here is a screenshot of what mine looks like.