VN Ren'Py Vulgar Reverie [v0.03a] [Saxonado Studios]

4.80 star(s) 17 Votes

Redgate

Feb 8, 2018
What a great game. Very nice art and writing, good job dev
I noticed some ppl want the screen shake to be reduced but personally I like it as-is

Eleyon

Oct 14, 2020
Oh man, what can I say about this gem?!?

This, this is true NTR. NTR is a genre that has been absolutely polluted with stories of cheaters masquerading as cucks. But this is not it. NTR (Cheating) is not something I much care for. But I'm always willing to venture into something to learn or understand it, especially on a writing level. NTR is nothing short of the horror movie approach. Utterly reliant upon characters making brain dead decisions and reactions that the vast majority would not make in order to get killed (cheated on). They're dead without this formula, because if the MC finds out they're being cheated on the story is done, but equally you never get the payoff of the MC having the natural reaction that one would have when they find out even though the stories force them to be oblivious FOR that pay off. We have tons of TV shows where detectives find people cheating but as the viewers we all look forward to the confrontation, what the MC will do when they confront them and the resulting outcome.

The MC here... the writing... for the first time I can understand this angle. I can understand this fetish. It's obviously hypocritical for one to say 'you're all mine' but allow someone else to plow your woman. It's wild, because it would seem the MC gets off to his wife banging another person. Really, he gets off to the expression of love she would have towards him. What she's willing to do in her expression of love for him. He truly gets off to the fact that everyone can look and desire and WANT to fuck her, but at the end of the day, she comes home to him and he gets her off like no other. She loves him like no other. It's almost like validation is what gets him off. THAT'S his fetish. Fuck that guy and come to me so I can fuck you better and prove you're all mine. He gets off to knowing he satisfies her best.

And that's where the potential trajectory for this makes me a bit bummed. For a game that exists in the Netorase lane, their relationship and love for each other is extremely wholesome and heartwarming and to know that this exploration can potential shatter that is... wow. The way Amelia ramps up the playful antics to fit his fetish, from lewd statements while they're being sexual to dressing provocative just so he knows others are eyeing HIS girl with desire. This is all well done and it's fantasy. It's teasing. It's playful. It's 'roleplay'. But going out for a jog and coming back with another man's load inside you? I'm curious to see if the writing is going to allow the MC to truly reflect on the fact THAT is taking it too far. It's one thing to fantasize, it's another to do it. When the MC says 'she'll be doing something like that soon' shattered my mind. He's already laying out his girl to get blitz by others when I felt like the teasing way it was now was perfect and something they shared and when Amelia says 'no regrets, no taking it back' it was a realization that... this wholesomely built relationship full of twisted love, but love nonetheless, is likely to crumble into dust.

It makes me wish that there was true choice as you ARE the MC, no getting around it regardless of how you name yourself. I think this would be a perfect VN to really have players dive into that realm of choice and push what they'd actually be comfortable with their lover doing just to spice up things or appease a fetish versus the illusion of choice that is going to hit you with NTR regardless. I wouldn't even mind for this game to stop rollbacks after choices (even if you can just make/load save) but still, it would be neat to push my bounds, only to see something play out and I'm like 'whoa... okay. I bit off more than I can chew there' but have truly made that choice. When she says 'no regrets' I would have loved to be able to definitively say 'yes!' or falter in saying so and she notices that. Even when she again asks if that's something he really likes, no choice again even though I have the choice to fantasy or not? Why is the choice there if he's going to do it anyway? Hopefully you CAN choose to have some regrets, or be able to actually express that to Amelia and see her reaction to it. Knights of the Old Republic had you CHOOSE to be the villain everyone thought you would be or become a hero. The outcome and journey from A to B is based on your choices and actions and most VNs let you pick but ultimately, it means nothing. Thus far this has been a great, well written experience. I'm invested in the characters and the story. The art is great. The sound is extremely immersive and the angles and zooms are all well done. Yet, I'm openly afraid of what this path has in store for what was truly a wholesome couple. (Her reaction to him setting up the desk for her...utterly adorable)

Cheers dev! Wish you the best, well done!

Last edited:

holy_cat

Dec 9, 2020
[...]
Yet, I'm openly afraid of what this path has in store for what was truly a wholesome couple. (Her reaction to him setting up the desk for her...utterly adorable)
Deep insight, really. For me not TL;DR.

Fantasies are normal, but what happens when we cross the Rubicon and start implementing them? In RL we do not have a rollback button or 'a new save' - maybe that's why we (some of us) play the games. Including this one.

Reactions: palmergames

Orichan

Sep 6, 2017
NTR (Cheating) is not something I much care for.
Maybe you've had experiences with Netorare stories that don't take their time for a proper buildup, or maybe you just don't like the genre at all.

Netorare is not just cheating, it's about having as big an impact as possible on the reader, until making them feel something twisting inside. Many people like it because it's one of the only genre that can make you feel as powerful emotion.

Alright let me give you an example. You wrote a very long text about the game or the genre of it, you seem passionate about it, passionate about this couple enjoying each other and this established trusting and loving relationship.

Netorare would be exactly that, except that at some point the girl changes her mind, which you can call cheating which it is but it can be tasteful you know it doesn't have to be : "now girl gets railed 3x per day by different dudes with 10 inches cocks without telling husband", it can be very cerebral that just takes a good writer. The goal is to make you feel as bad as long as possible, torturing you, you shouldn't be feeling anything positive you should be miserable until you cum and contemplates your life choices, that's what NTR is supposed to be. That's why most games who label themselves NTR here if it was up to me I'd strip their tag

their relationship and love for each other is extremely wholesome and heartwarming and to know that this exploration can potential shatter that is... wow.
that is exactly what Netorare enjoyers are seeking for, that "oh no it's so wholesome and heartwarming, I don't even want it to turn into cheating anymore please! No what are you doing ! Dev I hate you ! *cums*"

Last edited:

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017

V0.03 is finally released, and this brings an end to the "introduction" chapters...

UPDATE: V0.03a released
Bugs fixed:
-Image didn't have right extension
-Gallery Scenes weren't returning to Gallery Menu

P.S. Plz don't ping me in case of possible dead links coz it's working on moment of posting and I have no ability/intention to reupload in case of files deletion by game developer. Also I didn't tested this release so use it on own risk.

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I know your not a big fan of this bro but I'm really liking it so far. I love how wifey is lovingly humiliating me it's really hot.
Python:
scene lab talk
lab "but how..."
scene lab talk with hpunch
lab "can you stand..."
lab "this constant..."
scene lab talk with hpunch"
lab "screen shaking?"
lab "."
extend "."
extend "."

• Haha
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Python:
scene lab talk
lab "but how..."
lab "can you stand..."
lab "this constant..."
scene lab talk with hpunch"
lab "screen shaking?"
lab "."
extend "."
extend "."
Honestly I didn't really notice it. I was probably too busy imaging all the sexy stuff that could happen in the future.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: SlapE

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Honestly I didn't really notice it. I was probably too busy imaging all the sexy stuff that could happen in the future.
Yeah, I barely noticed the shaking too, and even when I did it didn't bother me really. I can understand GOOML's complaint about the amount of text compared to renders, but honestly I've played games that drag on with their text way more. A prime example that comes to mind would be *cough* Summer Scent. That game almost put me to sleep with the amount of uninteresting rambling from the main character at one point, one of the reasons I dropped it.

Reactions: Joshy92

LoyalSilence

Jun 3, 2023
I’m in the same camp. I never even really noticed the screen shaking until I saw the couple people in here complaining about it. It just blends into the rest of the presentation for me.

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yeah, I barely noticed the shaking too, and even when I did it didn't bother me really. I can understand GOOML's complaint about the amount of text compared to renders, but honestly I've played games that drag on with their text way more. A prime example that comes to mind would be *cough* Summer Scent. That game almost put me to sleep with the amount of uninteresting rambling from the main character at one point, one of the reasons I dropped it.
I wonder if Amelia will tease me and say something like 'my pussy is ruined I'll never feel you again sweety' talk like that has always driven me fucking wild with lust.

Humiliation talk can be really hot but I find it's rarely done well in these games.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
She’s pretty much done everything with her husband up to this point. Next update is when the netorase content starts
Thanks for the heads up. I'll let it cook a bit more before giving it a try since I got a bit of a backlog going. Also wishing the dev all the best. Cheers!

Reactions: Vlbc
4.80 star(s) 17 Votes