• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
Bugs:
The control configuration options in the settings menu do not work. I tried to set "Continue" to space and "Toggle Ui" to H but they didn't change in-game, only in the menu.

Spelling error:
1709104104855.png
Nither -> Neither

Moving on from that, the game seems promising so far! Wish Issei was changed from an outright creep to just a pervert (Creeps spy on womens locker rooms, a pervert would fantasize secretly), but atleast him being an Incubus makes it make alot of sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Really Enjoyed the overlord Game. any chance this one will include Pregnancy as well?
Too early to say, but I'd like to, yes.

Bugs:
The control configuration options in the settings menu do not work. I tried to set "Continue" to space and "Toggle Ui" to H but they didn't change in-game, only in the menu.

Spelling error:
View attachment 3392952
Nither -> Neither
Fixed the spelling mistake, but the controls work for me, hm... So far I've only tried them in the editor, so I'll try them in a build as well. Which platform are you playing from? (Windows, Linux, Mac, or WebGL?)
Also, the controls currently do not save for now, so if you closed the game, they revert back to default.

Moving on from that, the game seems promising so far! Wish Issei was changed from an outright creep to just a pervert (Creeps spy on womens locker rooms, a pervert would fantasize secretly), but atleast him being an Incubus makes it make alot of sense.
Shouldn't be too creepy, the whole "Spy on shower", "Spy while changing", (...) is basically a very common troupe at this point. Also, the poor Issei didn't get to actually spy.

Reactions: AhrimanH

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
Too early to say, but I'd like to, yes.

Fixed the spelling mistake, but the controls work for me, hm... So far I've only tried them in the editor, so I'll try them in a build as well. Which platform are you playing from? (Windows, Linux, Mac, or WebGL?)
Also, the controls currently do not save for now, so if you closed the game, they revert back to default.

Shouldn't be too creepy, the whole "Spy on shower", "Spy while changing", (...) is basically a very common troupe at this point. Also, the poor Issei didn't get to actually spy.
So if you steal womens panties and spy on them in the locker room you aren't a creep? If anything, he and his friends should've been arrested and/or expelled for their actions. I'll give you leeway because it's based of an anime/LN that allows for such behavior (Even if socially disgusting in world) though.

And I played it on Win64, changed controls in the game itself, not a config file. I hope you implement the control config feature for Legacy of Hestia, I'd much rather press space to move along rather than LMB or Enter.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
So if you steal womens panties and spy on them in the locker room you aren't a creep? If anything, he and his friends should've been arrested and/or expelled for their actions. I'll give you leeway because it's based of an anime/LN that allows for such behavior (Even if socially disgusting in world) though.
I mean the whole "spying on..." or "Entering on an unlocked bathroom" is a troupe in both adult games and ecchi anime.
Of course that wouldn't be ok in real life, and people will lock their bathroom doors.

And I played it on Win64, changed controls in the game itself, not a config file. I hope you implement the control config feature for Legacy of Hestia, I'd much rather press space to move along rather than LMB or Enter.
Yeah, I tested on build (Win64) and they don't seem to work despite working from the editor :unsure: I'll have to investigate the issue, it'll either be prepatched on R2 or fixed in future, depending on how complex the issue is.
And yeah, Legacy of Hestia will have mappable controls once they work fine in this game, so I can simply copy/paste the system into that game.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
I mean the whole "spying on..." or "Entering on an unlocked bathroom" is a troupe in both adult games and ecchi anime.
Of course that wouldn't be ok in real life, and people will lock their bathroom doors.

Yeah, I tested on build (Win64) and they don't seem to work despite working from the editor :unsure: I'll have to investigate the issue, it'll either be prepatched on R2 or fixed in future, depending on how complex the issue is.
And yeah, Legacy of Hestia will have mappable controls once they work fine in this game, so I can simply copy/paste the system into that game.
Yeah, that's the thing, there are A LOT of people who hates Issei and among the negative things they point out about him THAT usually comes first, because nowadays people are a lot more 'anti' things that had been just anime cliches for decades, sadly XP Even as someone who is particularly indiferent about Issei now that I'm not a teenager anymore, I really don't think that's a valid thing to particularly dislike because it's NOT meant by the setting to be taken seriously, or how it would be IRL. Like, it's like complaining of shit Roshi or even Goku did in the old Dragon Ball, nobody took it as anything but humor back then, it's kinda sad is not the same nowadays XP

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Yeah, that's the thing, there are A LOT of people who hates Issei and among the negative things they point out about him THAT usually comes first, because nowadays people are a lot more 'anti' things that had been just anime cliches for decades, sadly XP Even as someone who is particularly indiferent about Issei now that I'm not a teenager anymore, I really don't think that's a valid thing to particularly dislike because it's NOT meant by the setting to be taken seriously, or how it would be IRL. Like, it's like complaining of shit Roshi or even Goku did in the old Dragon Ball, nobody took it as anything but humor back then, it's kinda sad is not the same nowadays XP
I don't think it's just an old humor thing... All the games I've played (Japanese or western) never fail to include the magically unlocked bathroom where you'll either spy on them or just happen to enter while someone is naked.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
I don't think it's just an old humor thing... All the games I've played (Japanese or western) never fail to include the magically unlocked bathroom where you'll either spy on them or just happen to enter while someone is naked.
This is my point, this is a timeless Trope for a reason, it KEEPS being included in stuff nowadays because clearly it still is considered that way...the difference is that in modern day where 'sensitivies' are so much bigger, louder, and more widespread than they were before (Thanks mainly to social media), the overall widespread/loud 'annoyance' towards them is a lot more noticeable, things that everyone had no issues with in the past now you can see countless people bitching about in Twitter and the like because they can't differentiate between reality and fiction. Is not like seeing these kinda behaviors in anime or games would actively encourage people to do it IRL, is like the old dumb argument that kids playing GTA would become criminals XP

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
This is my point, this is a timeless Trope for a reason, it KEEPS being included in stuff nowadays because clearly it still is considered that way...the difference is that in modern day where 'sensitivies' are so much bigger, louder, and more widespread than they were before (Thanks mainly to social media), the overall widespread/loud 'annoyance' towards them is a lot more noticeable, things that everyone had no issues with in the past now you can see countless people bitching about in Twitter and the like because they can't differentiate between reality and fiction. Is not like seeing these kinda behaviors in anime or games would actively encourage people to do it IRL, is like the old dumb argument that kids playing GTA would become criminals XP
Or maybe people may have reservations about playing as someone who spies on naked women. The world of DxD doesn't view Isseis action as anything other than morally disgusting either by the way, otherwise he wouldn't get attacked by the entire Kendo club and be outcasted from the rest of the school.

Spying on women as they change isn't a timeless trope in anime, I've only seen it with DxD personally. Accidentally walking into a bathroom where there are naked women is a trope however, but the end result is always the MC's nose bleeding and then promptly getting beat the fuck up (For no logical reason).

Sidenote:
I agree with most of your spiel, but it has nothing to do with tropes. You can differeintiate fiction from reality and yet still depise the actions a character takes. For example, if you watch Beserk is it "sensitive" for hating the rapists in the anime? And to bash the characters? Or bashing tropes you find stupid? It's one thing to claim that video games and anime are the sole reason for why the world sucks, it's another to dislike certain tropes and/or characters that you find distasteful.

I don't watch Ecchi anime anymore because I don't like alot of the tropes that come with it:
Dense Protag, Eternal Virgin Protag with a Harem (*cough* Issei *cough*), Nosebleed when seeing naked women, getting beaten senseless when accidentally seeing someone naked, etc etc. It's all stupid bullshit, which is why I started watching more serious anime like 91 Days, Cyberpunk Edgerunners (Main character becomes an actual man and not a spineless bitch), Monster, Elfen Lied (Sad as fuck), etc etc because it annoyed me so much.

I can get over the stupid quirks Issei has since he'll actually get action in this game, but if it weren't for that I'd never be interested in DxD outside of OC Fanfiction where an actually capable character is inserted.

Another Sidenote:
I actually don't mind the spying on women stuff, just the lack of skill and dipshit-ery. Issei complains about not having a girl friend and then goes and spies on half the female population. Like, no shit nobody likes you, you're a fucking weirdo. If he atleast double-downed on it and acknowledged the consequences I'd have more respect for him, but he doesn't.

AND, If he had half a brain he'd have gotten in the good graces of the Kendo club by exposing the other two's attempts at spying over and over until he gets in the good graces of them. He could even set up cameras and act like they did it to get him in the door even more.

Last edited:

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Or maybe people may have reservations about playing as someone who spies on naked women. The world of DxD doesn't view Isseis action as anything other than morally disgusting either by the way, otherwise he wouldn't get attacked by the entire Kendo club and be outcasted from the rest of the school.

Spying on women as they change isn't a timeless trope in anime, I've only seen it with DxD personally. Accidentally walking into a bathroom where there are naked women is a trope however, but the end result is always the MC's nose bleeding and then promptly getting beat the fuck up (For no logical reason).

Sidenote:
I agree with most of your spiel, but it has nothing to do with tropes. You can differeintiate fiction from reality and yet still depise the actions a character takes. For example, if you watch Beserk is it "sensitive" for hating the rapists in the anime? And to bash the characters? Or bashing tropes you find stupid? It's one thing to claim that video games and anime are the sole reason for why the world sucks, it's another to dislike certain tropes and/or characters that you find distasteful.

I don't watch Ecchi anime anymore because I don't like alot of the tropes that come with it:
Dense Protag, Eternal Virgin Protag with a Harem (*cough* Issei *cough*), Nosebleed when seeing naked women, getting beaten senseless when accidentally seeing someone naked, etc etc. It's all stupid bullshit, which is why I started watching more serious anime like 91 Days, Cyberpunk Edgerunners (Main character becomes an actual man and not a spineless bitch), Monster, Elfen Lied (Sad as fuck), etc etc because it annoyed me so much.

I can get over the stupid quirks Issei has since he'll actually get action in this game, but if it weren't for that I'd never be interested in DxD outside of OC Fanfiction where an actually capable character is inserted.

Another Sidenote:
I actually don't mind the spying on women stuff, just the lack of skill and dipshit-ery. Issei complains about not having a girl friend and then goes and spies on half the female population. Like, no shit nobody likes you, you're a fucking weirdo. If he atleast double-downed on it and acknowledged the consequences I'd have more respect for him, but he doesn't.

AND, If he had half a brain he'd have gotten in the good graces of the Kendo club by exposing the other two's attempts at spying over and over until he gets in the good graces of them. He could even set up cameras and act like they did it to get him in the door even more.
I mean, you CAN Fully dislike Issei if you want, i wasn't saying that you shouldn't, the issue is that you're clearly a bit too biased and miss the greater scope: The majority of the nameless, useless-for-the-plot, characters are the ones who hated Issei, aka they were there jsuet to set up how he started from the bottom of the barrel and then went up higher. None of the members of his Harem ever had any issue at all with his attitude except Koneko, and even her once her 'arc' was done was basically baring her tits in public right alongside all the others for him to grope and even offering him sexual healing 'just for healing him faster' XP As for him exposing his two other friends, that's the thing you're missing, you're saying that from the point of view of someone who sees them as useless pieces of shit, from Issei's PoV they were literally his only friends he had had for years and the only ones he had anything in common with before he became a devil.

Mind you, I don't particularly LIKE Issei either, I found him funny when I was a horny teenager, now I'm indiferent towards him, he's basically just a character whose major positive trait is "Being a nice guy" and that's it, because that's all you need in the DxD Universe to get the undying love of most of the main cast XP I have no issues reading OC-centered DxD Fanficions because that's what the majority of people writes about anyway because I haven't cared for DxD's story for ages now, just the many hot girls and the ease it has a Universe to make a Harem, that's all. What I'm saying here is from a purely neutral point of view, as far as the story and the author are concerned, Issei's actions there were never something that was anything but a 'comedy' plot-device and to make it even more pronounced how he went from the pervert who everyone at school hated to the world-saving Super OP Hero with a Harem of over a dozen girls, mainly through tits-related asspulls, which basically narratively says that, yes, his rampant version was always justified as far as the story goes.

You CAN hate and dislike Issei, there is no issue about that, but trying to compare him with the rapists in Berserk misses the entire point dude...Issei is the MC everyone loves, those guys are pisses of shit the story MEANS you to hate :O

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
I mean, you CAN Fully dislike Issei if you want, i wasn't saying that you shouldn't, the issue is that you're clearly a bit too biased and miss the greater scope: The majority of the nameless, useless-for-the-plot, characters are the ones who hated Issei, aka they were there jsuet to set up how he started from the bottom of the barrel and then went up higher. None of the members of his Harem ever had any issue at all with his attitude except Koneko, and even her once her 'arc' was done was basically baring her tits in public right alongside all the others for him to grope and even offering him sexual healing 'just for healing him faster' XP As for him exposing his two other friends, that's the thing you're missing, you're saying that from the point of view of someone who sees them as useless pieces of shit, from Issei's PoV they were literally his only friends he had had for years and the only ones he had anything in common with before he became a devil.

Mind you, I don't particularly LIKE Issei either, I found him funny when I was a horny teenager, now I'm indiferent towards him, he's basically just a character whose major positive trait is "Being a nice guy" and that's it, because that's all you need in the DxD Universe to get the undying love of most of the main cast XP I have no issues reading OC-centered DxD Fanficions because that's what the majority of people writes about anyway because I haven't cared for DxD's story for ages now, just the many hot girls and the ease it has a Universe to make a Harem, tat's all. What I'm saying here is from a purely neutral point of view, as far as the story and the author are concerned, Issei's actions there were never something that was anything but a 'comedy' plot-device and to make it even more pronounced how he went from the pervert who everyone at school hated to the world-saving Super OP Hero with a Harem of over a dozen girls, mainly through tits-related asspulls, which basically narratively says that, yes, his rampant version was always justified as far as the story goes.

You CAN hate and dislike Issei, there is no issue about that, but trying to compare him with the rapists in Berserk misses the entire point dude...Issei is the MC everyone loves, those guys are pisses of shit the story MEANS you to hate :O
Wasn't intending to compare Issei to the rapists in Beserk (Because peeking on someone as they change isn't the same as raping and killing people). I know the devil world doesn't care about Issei's actions, but the human world sure as hell did. Anyway, that wasn't my main gripe with him (As with a lot of the fandom), it's because he's all bark and no bite. He can grope and spy on women, but when it comes to actual sexual acts he pussies out.

That's more of the publishers fault than anything, but it still weakened his character for me. I actually liked his character at a point of time (Years ago when I liked ecchi anime), just couldn't stand him later on because nothing ever progressed. After 20 episodes of him talking about tits it gets stale quick.

All in all though, you make a fair point, especially when my greivances don't apply since Winterfire's going to work his magic. But still, ecchi is a shit genre in my opinion, because it's only there for fanservice. If Overlord didn't have ecchi I'd like it a lot better, but if it had ecchi and off-screen sex (Off-screen allows for it to be aired on tv) then it'd be completely fine, especially if the build up to those scenes were good enough.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Wasn't intending to compare Issei to the rapists in Beserk (Because peeking on someone as they change isn't the same as raping and killing people). I know the devil world doesn't care about Issei's actions, but the human world sure as hell did. Anyway, that wasn't my main gripe with him (As with a lot of the fandom), it's because he's all bark and no bite. He can grope and spy on women, but when it comes to actual sexual acts he pussies out.

That's more of the publishers fault than anything, but it still weakened his character for me. I actually liked his character at a point of time (Years ago when I liked ecchi anime), just couldn't stand him later on because nothing ever progressed. After 20 episodes of him talking about tits it gets stale quick.

All in all though, you make a fair point, especially when my greivances don't apply since Winterfire's going to work his magic. But still, ecchi is a shit genre in my opinion, because it's only there for fanservice. If Overlord didn't have ecchi I'd like it a lot better, but if it had ecchi and off-screen sex (Off-screen allows for it to be aired on tv) then it'd be completely fine, especially if the build up to those scenes were good enough.
Oh yeah, on that we can fully agree, which is why this game is gonna be a fun take honestly XP It sucks but Issei never being allowed to get any is ironically what made the series continue on so much, like, look at Testament of Sister New Devil, overall better written than DxD despite several quite blatant rip-offs of it, yet dead at 13 volumes because it actually had the balls of going all out and showing the MC fucking, impregnating, marrying, and having an orgy with his harem XD Meanwhile Ichibumi has managed to keep selling DxD to a much wider audience by keeping it ecchi forever, even with the confirmation that Issei does eventually marry and has children with his harem thanks to the EX Sidestory, and even managed to get quite a few spin-offs from his series, so while extremely annoying and the series making less and less sense as it goes on, it can't be denied that his formula has been more successful (Hell, pretty sure there is ANOTHER new DxD off-spin coming out soon? "Junior High School DxD" or something?).

slashimus

Mar 2, 2019
Oh yeah, on that we can fully agree, which is why this game is gonna be a fun take honestly XP It sucks but Issei never being allowed to get any is ironically what made the series continue on so much, like, look at Testament of Sister New Devil, overall better written than DxD despite several quite blatant rip-offs of it, yet dead at 13 volumes because it actually had the balls of going all out and showing the MC fucking, impregnating, marrying, and having an orgy with his harem XD Meanwhile Ichibumi has managed to keep selling DxD to a much wider audience by keeping it ecchi forever, even with the confirmation that Issei does eventually marry and has children with his harem thanks to the EX Sidestory, and even managed to get quite a few spin-offs from his series, so while extremely annoying and the series making less and less sense as it goes on, it can't be denied that his formula has been more successful (Hell, pretty sure there is ANOTHER new DxD off-spin coming out soon? "Junior High School DxD" or something?).
Wait. In the DxD anime...wasn't it revealed that the reason Issei never went farther with the girls was because he was actually still traumatized by the fact that the first girl he really cared for actually killed him? That was why he was holding back with Gemory and by extension all the other girls...because he was literally unable to overcome that in his mind and trust someone.

I think that is the actual reason for the protag in Mushouku Tensei to not be able to get it up after one sexual encounter (the girl abandoned him) as well. Although he DID at least get some action before his issue arose.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Wait. In the DxD anime...wasn't it revealed that the reason Issei never went farther with the girls was because he was actually still traumatized by the fact that the first girl he really cared for actually killed him? That was why he was holding back with Gemory and by extension all the other girls...because he was literally unable to overcome that in his mind and trust someone.

I think that is the actual reason for the protag in Mushouku Tensei to not be able to get it up after one sexual encounter (the girl abandoned him) as well. Although he DID at least get some action before his issue arose.
That's the 'offcial' reason, yes, but like almost everything in DxD that tries to be 'serious' it just further shows the series terrible writing and why Ichibumi really only added the plot as an afterthought to justify his wish-fulfillment borderline-hentai Harem fantasy...at this point, Issei had trusted everyone with his life quite a few times without any issues, even KILLED a couple times without showing the slightest bit of trauma and kept going right away, plus a lot of other situations that showed his 'trauma' (Which, like any other issue of the main cast, is addressed, solved, and pushed aside in the very same volume it's introduced) was just an excuse to try and justify why he hadn't done ACTUALLY anything with Rias or the others. And the funniest part is that by the end when this issue is technically solved and he has manged to confess to Rias, he STILL doesn't do really do anything full-on with her or the others beyond what was already been done so far because Ichibumi was obviously never gonna escalate things no matter what plot-excuses he tried to give, because keeping DxD firmly in the non-Hentai territory is what let him keep dragging and selling it a lot more XP

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
Wait. In the DxD anime...wasn't it revealed that the reason Issei never went farther with the girls was because he was actually still traumatized by the fact that the first girl he really cared for actually killed him?
The author in interviews explicitly stated he wanted to make it porn and never expected to get a syndication offer.
Since he sold out his corporate overlords placed a handler on him that keeps on make it tone it down.
Because the corporate masters say that the otaku audience will riot / dump it if any of the waifus lose their virginity.

He also noted that every few weeks he writes something that he thinks does not cross the line, but his handler forces him rewrite to keep the waifus more chaste and pure.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
- for whatever reason it seems like i can't advance the text while in VN mode if i click outside the boarders of the text box up to the top of the screen. for example i have a habit of hiding my cursor near the edge of the screen so i can see everything and also to not accidentally click an option if i'm speed reading and clicking too fast. with the bug present i have to be OCD careful. >_>

- add the back button to the VN options at the button of the screen if possible. never mind i figured out how the 'log' button can be used to scroll back. still, i hope we get something like the log or back button in text or SNS chains at some point.
You can rollback by using your scrollwheel or using the default "B" key.
I'll investigate the issue of being unable to click on top of the screen, but if the cursor was outside of the screen, then that's by design.
The game won't lock you out from rolling back if you pick the wrong choice, but such a mistake (while common on RPGM) shouldn't happen in my game since the choices only appear in the middle of the screen, so as long as you keep your cursor away from there (such as over the dialogue box) then it never happened to me to misclick a choice.

- most bowsette animations were frameskipping. idk why not all, maybe i just got a bad download or something... but it could be an issue that would warrant attention. (i'm still on my patato PC too) just for info, the only animations that didn't frame skip were the idle breathing/after climax and the titjob one. BJ, missonary, doggy, and cowgirl had major frame skipping. will test them again when R3 comes round in case it was a bad download on my end that screwed them up somehow. but it's really weird (and oddly fitting) that the tit job one worked flawlessly. >_<
Could be a performance issue, maybe try playing the online version over on itch.io, it's of a lower quality. If they work there, it could be either low memory on your GPU or a bad download yea.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin