• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
I've played Overlord H and Legacy of Hestia, loving both. Glad Winterfire is starting a DxD game since his games have rocked so far. As a novel reader, I'm sure this will be great as well. I just hope there won't be nosebleeds even though that is canon. Never understood why Japan did that with some.

Reactions: Winterfire

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017

"I've been writing about boobs for 12 years, yet I still can't figure out their true meaning. Boobs are the abyss." - Ichiei Ishibumi, author of Highschool DxD
Pretty much, unless you're writing a story not about Issei or a different take on DxD, NOT wanting DxD to be about boobs is redundant, that's what the series is about. It may not be a lot of people's favorite thing (Given how much people hate Issei or just plain out never write the series canon-accurately), but it IS the truth, there is no amount of serious plot or insane power-levels in this universe that can't be beaten by the power of tits :p

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I wish the dev would still include Pailingual in the game, it was something funny in the LN, i liked it. DXD should not be serious all the time it's a fun series with it serious moments.
It'll still be included, but the concept is changed from speaking to the boobs to speaking with the soul. A sort of telepathy, but on an inner level based on this:

I think it makes much more sense, but the game will otherwise have humor as i've hopefully conveyed in the game already.

If many people will dislike this change, I can always add a toggle somewhere in the settings since this will change only the text partially, functionally it will be the same.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
It'll still be included, but the concept is changed from speaking to the boobs to speaking with the soul. A sort of telepathy, but on an inner level based on this:

I think it makes much more sense, but the game will otherwise have humor as i've hopefully conveyed in the game already.

If many people will dislike this change, I can always add a toggle somewhere in the settings since this will change only the text partially, functionally it will be the same.
what if i'm greedy and want both though! :KEK::KEK::KEK:

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017

To be fair, it makes "more sense" if you're trying to create a serious and complex plot...but in DxD, no, it really doesn't because Issei pulling bullshit out of his ass for no reason constantly by the power of Boobs IS the entire main key of more than half the plot XD Him being able to talk to boobs is complete bullshit but you can believe it because it's ISSEI, while him managing to talk to souls feels like an asspull you can't even link to think :p

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
To be fair, it makes "more sense" if you're trying to create a serious and complex plot...but in DxD, no, it really doesn't because Issei pulling bullshit out of his ass for no reason constantly by the power of Boobs IS the entire main key of more than half the plot XD Him being able to talk to boobs is complete bullshit but you can believe it because it's ISSEI, while him managing to talk to souls feels like an asspull you can't even link to think :p
as much as i agree, i'm taking the wait to see how well it's done before i bully*cough* convince winter to redo the entire game.:KEK:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I'm aiming for a balance between seriousness and humor while still keeping the core concept alive.
Too serious, and it becomes boring. Too humorous and it becomes obnoxious.

For instance my custom power allows the creation of Tulpas and the possibility to communicate and conjure them by thinking about their breasts.
At its core, the power is fueled by his demonic energy and an insane quantity of lust, but the breasts are what allow him to reach that point.

Likewise, Pailingual can still make use of breasts and still be serious/believable with very few edits.
Besides the game won't go on a weird lore dump explaining about id/ego/superego as it'll be from the MC's perspective... At most, if needed, it'll simply say he's speaking to her soul. The powers will still make use of the breasts though since that's his favourite part of the female body, and what triggers his lust/powers.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
as much as i agree, i'm taking the wait to see how well it's done before i bully*cough* convince winter to redo the entire game.:KEK:
LMAO, I was mostly saying it as a comment rather than to force the writing to anything, really XD

I'm aiming for a balance between seriousness and humor while still keeping the core concept alive.
Too serious, and it becomes boring. Too humorous and it becomes obnoxious.

For instance my custom power allows the creation of Tulpas and the possibility to communicate and conjure them by thinking about their breasts.
At its core, the power is fueled by his demonic energy and an insane quantity of lust, but the breasts are what allow him to reach that point.

Likewise, Pailingual can still make use of breasts and still be serious/believable with very few edits.
Besides the game won't go on a weird lore dump explaining about id/ego/superego as it'll be from the MC's perspective... At most, if needed, it'll simply say he's speaking to her soul. The powers will still make use of the breasts though since that's his favourite part of the female body, and what triggers his lust/powers.
I see, that's entirely fair, I just find it kinda pointless? Like, it's great that you wanna try and make it more 'realistic', but you'ret talking about Issei's power to speak with tits, you don't need to really put effort into trying to make such things more detailed and real when you could instead focus on other things, or at least that's how I see it, but you're the game's creator so your own choices take priority of course :3

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I see, that's entirely fair, I just find it kinda pointless? Like, it's great that you wanna try and make it more 'realistic', but you'ret talking about Issei's power to speak with tits, you don't need to really put effort into trying to make such things more detailed and real when you could instead focus on other things, or at least that's how I see it, but you're the game's creator so your own choices take priority of course :3
That's mostly due to being a huge fan of the series, as with my previous parodies x). I try my best to properly portray them, including any change, be it a minor or important one.

Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
hmm speaking of ability changes what's your thought on this winter? naturally i'm not saying he should have access to these right away. but silly or useful upgrades he could get at lower cost than a new ability.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
hmm speaking of ability changes what's your thought on this winter? naturally i'm not saying he should have access to these right away. but silly or useful upgrades he could get at lower cost than a new ability.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The first ability is already planned actually, that's what the "???" in the gallery category is for.
It'll break everything and lower the opponent's defense, and also adds their "image" in the Gentlemen's Club (Name of the category of the Gallery :D). They'll be persistent, too.

Technically in that category of gallery goes any woman Issei sees naked, with Rias being the first. So, Dress Break won't always be required.

I do not like the other two.

Klab040855

Mar 25, 2019

Please add the toggle in the settings.