Nov 2, 2020
The option of changing name and nickname was a requested one, by default most people play with the default name.
Only Kiba at the beginning refers to you with your last name, but eventually most people shift to your nickname.
Not really worth creating a variable just for something that won't be used.

In only four releases which cover only the first volume, there's already an important choice that branches the plot.
There are also a few indirect ones making use of the gameplay features.
Since this is a harem game, I originally designed it to be fully completable in a single playthrough, while this is no longer possible, at its core you'll be able to unlock almost everything in the "sandbox", with very few missable scenes/CGs which are the heroine's birthdays.

That would be a whole different game, and most people playing these games would rather do the exact opposite than escaping when it comes to Rias.

Issei is the protagonist, you play as Issei in first person, which can have a different name/nickname along other choices you can make in the game.
I honestly don't care that much about the custom names, none of my previous parodies had this feature.
However the name "Issei" is irrelevant to the story (aside from its meaning, which is a neat trivia), so it costs me nothing to offer a choice.

Ideas and bug reports (including typos) are always welcome.
Again... that is fine mostly but the choice wasn't obvious one at least to me. as for escaping Death and Rias... what I meant is not being a devil... many people don't want to die to serve her. for ideas... I would make you able to survive somehow... you can still join Rias...

You are able to make choices right? one I did see a lot of people want is if you as a player know the base story then you should be able to play around the events.

- on the Raynare one... telling her that Rias knows what she is doing and that you may be able to work for her instead of dying would be neat. it may unlock Raynare, Kalawarner, and Mittelt too...

- not stopping the wedding as Sirzechs would crash it anyway... a what-if scenario where cautious players don't go crashing it

- one where the ORC turns on Issei, when he has PTSD. many people have found this scene stupid so you refusing the girls after this would be nice and maybe go after other girls... Sona, Tsubaki. etc Hell you have a gem here with some many ideas but Rias and co while attractive, the focus should be up to the player to choose who they date... so while them being available is nice and certain... you should plan on what ifs as a main thing you mentioned

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Again... that is fine mostly but the choice wasn't obvious one at least to me. as for escaping Death and Rias... what I meant is not being a devil... many people don't want to die to serve her. for ideas... I would make you able to survive somehow... you can still join Rias...

You are able to make choices right? one I did see a lot of people want is if you as a player know the base story then you should be able to play around the events.

- on the Raynare one... telling her that Rias knows what she is doing and that you may be able to work for her instead of dying would be neat. it may unlock Raynare, Kalawarner, and Mittelt too...
Probably a big spoiler about the series, but it happens in the first volumes and won't matter if you never plan to read the LN:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- not stopping the wedding as Sirzechs would crash it anyway... a what-if scenario where cautious players don't go crashing it
MC is not a pussy in the source material, I don't see why I should make him one in the game and overcomplicate things. I don't want to overdrag the plot needlessly.

- one where the ORC turns on Issei, when he has PTSD. many people have found this scene stupid so you refusing the girls after this would be nice and maybe go after other girls... Sona, Tsubaki. etc Hell you have a gem here with some many ideas but Rias and co while attractive, the focus should be up to the player to choose who they date... so while them being available is nice and certain... you should plan on what ifs as a main thing you mentioned
I'm not sure if I understood everything, but this is a harem game. You can focus on some women during the sandbox segment of the game, but during the storyline you'll be dating all of them.
Tsubaki is not an option, she's Kiba's LI and my game doesn't feature any type of NTR.

Nov 2, 2020
Probably a big spoiler about the series, but it happens in the first volumes and won't matter if you never plan to read the LN:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MC is not a pussy in the source material, I don't see why I should make him one in the game and overcomplicate things. I don't want to overdrag the plot needlessly.

I'm not sure if I understood everything, but this is a harem game. You can focus on some women during the sandbox segment of the game, but during the storyline you'll be dating all of them.
Tsubaki is not an option, she's Kiba's LI and my game doesn't feature any type of NTR.
I see so you are forced to date all of them... you can't even choose who you go out with?... that's not really a what-if feature ngl... basically why are what if advertised then?

like what if some players don't want to date the Occult Research Club girls etc? What if they want other girls? being forced to date them all sorta removes the choice and what if in there...

hell the example I asked was during the what am I scenes when Rias confesses to Issei

you're telling me rejecting her isn't a option.?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I see so you are forced to date all of them... you can't even choose who you go out with?... that's not really a what-if feature ngl... basically why are what if advertised then?
Wrong.

Originally I wanted Raynare to always be alive exactly because you could ignore her content, but some people ( billyjoebobmartin) really wanted her dead, so that's a more permanent solution.

Story-wise you'll be still dating the main heroines (The canon ones), but how you interact with them is up to you. The same way as collectibles will always exist, but you can choose to ignore them. Or the same way as battles/minigames are part of the game, but you can skip them.
Will you miss part of the game's content? Yes.
Are you given the choice to do that? Also Yes.

The game will always give the player choices, either directly or indirectly, but within reason (As with any game, really).

like what if some players don't want to date the Occult Research Club girls etc?
So half of harem, with the other half being in the late game?

It's fairly possible if you do a canon playthrough upon that point (Although you'll still be getting some fan service), but I highly doubt anyone will be doing that.
Even my previous project has that, and I even doubt anyone is aware that such a route is possible :LUL:

you're telling me rejecting her isn't a option.?
Depends on what you mean by rejecting her.

Rejecting to be her servant? You stay dead, you may as well uninstall the game.

Rejecting not to have her as your fiance? That means someone at some point will want her again, and the riser arc will happen over and over again, doesn't make sense story-wise.

Rejecting to have sex/other lewd scenes with her? Entirely possible. Even historically in real life harems not all women had sex, and I'm sure there'd be favourites, in that sense the novel series "The Apothecary Diaries" is fairly accurate.

In future segments/late game it may still be implied that he had sex due to the fact he'll have many children, but I won't go out of my way to ruin a player's immersion. Only the required stuff won't be skippable.

• Hey there
Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
huh i just had a random idea winter, what if you introduced gabriel during the 3 factions alliance meeting? (like each faction leader was allowed to bring a second powerhouse to the meeting) so maybe a little bit of that one scene that happens late story with azezel talking her up to issei happens around then instead? having that there could spark some minor differences down the road too.

heck now that i think about it, it could prompt the akeno and her father issue to come up and possibly get resolved sooner too.

Nov 2, 2020
Wrong.

Originally I wanted Raynare to always be alive exactly because you could ignore her content, but some people ( billyjoebobmartin) really wanted her dead, so that's a more permanent solution.

Story-wise you'll be still dating the main heroines (The canon ones), but how you interact with them is up to you. The same way as collectibles will always exist, but you can choose to ignore them. Or the same way as battles/minigames are part of the game, but you can skip them.
Will you miss part of the game's content? Yes.
Are you given the choice to do that? Also Yes.

The game will always give the player choices, either directly or indirectly, but within reason (As with any game, really).

So half of harem, with the other half being in the late game?

It's fairly possible if you do a canon playthrough upon that point (Although you'll still be getting some fan service), but I highly doubt anyone will be doing that.
Even my previous project has that, and I even doubt anyone is aware that such a route is possible :LUL:

Depends on what you mean by rejecting her.

Rejecting to be her servant? You stay dead, you may as well uninstall the game.

Rejecting not to have her as your fiance? That means someone at some point will want her again, and the riser arc will happen over and over again, doesn't make sense story-wise.

Rejecting to have sex/other lewd scenes with her? Entirely possible. Even historically in real life harems not all women had sex, and I'm sure there'd be favourites, in that sense the novel series "The Apothecary Diaries" is fairly accurate.

In future segments/late game it may still be implied that he had sex due to the fact he'll have many children, but I won't go out of my way to ruin a player's immersion. Only the required stuff won't be skippable.
I mean not dating them even for story purposes... like choosing is an illusion if you have to date them for the story to progress

like it isn't really what-ifs if you are forced in a relationship with them for the plot. I'm talking about no dating or sex. the player chooses who they want to date and have lewds meaning that it actually affects the story.

also what if staying human and rejecting Raynare, she cant really kill you in public meaning refusing her saves your life.like that is immersion breaking if even story wise you have to date them anyway.

i at least saw 70 people not wanting to date the ORC... on threads actually. like think refusing their advances and dates would be more fun then it being obligatory.

like what if someone only wants 1 girl and no others? have you though of that?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
huh i just had a random idea winter, what if you introduced gabriel during the 3 factions alliance meeting? (like each faction leader was allowed to bring a second powerhouse to the meeting) so maybe a little bit of that one scene that happens late story with azezel talking her up to issei happens around then instead? having that there could spark some minor differences down the road too.

heck now that i think about it, it could prompt the akeno and her father issue to come up and possibly get resolved sooner too.
I'll consider it!

also what if staying human and rejecting Raynare, she cant really kill you in public meaning refusing her saves your life.
Raynare kills you due to her orders since she's a Grigori agent. It's not because you are a Devil (if anything, that saves your life temporarily since that'd cause a big war), it's because of Issei's Sacred Gear which could get out of control.
Manipulation, playing around, and so on are all of her own doing, her orders were to quickly dispose of Issei. It was explained in volume 4 I believe.

i at least saw 70 people not wanting to date the ORC... on threads actually. like think refusing their advances and dates would be more fun then it being obligatory.

like what if someone only wants 1 girl and no others? have you though of that?
Then this wouldn't be the right game for them, simply put.
Just like people asked for harem in my route single route games, and the answer was no because the game/story wasn't designed for that, I'll have to say no to single routes in a game designed to be a harem.

I'll be doing smaller games in future featuring a single heroine, but I doubt I'll do that for the ORC. Grayfia and Venelana are the likely candidates for the first games.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

cromon752

Sep 6, 2018
You know who also could make a good character for one of those small single heroine games? Miki. I know crazy, as if there's anyone out there who watched the anime and thought 'wow Issei's mom is kinda hot' But in the unlikely event there was somone who thought that, they might appreciate it. And it probably wouldn't even need to be an entire game, even just like a small little breadcrumb of a scene might be enough to satisfy this hypothetical, most likely nonexsistant, Miki Hyoudou fan...

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You know who also could make a good character for one of those small single heroine games? Miki. I know crazy, as if there's anyone out there who watched the anime and thought 'wow Issei's mom is kinda hot' But in the unlikely event there was somone who thought that, they might appreciate it. And it probably wouldn't even need to be an entire game, even just like a small little breadcrumb of a scene might be enough to satisfy this hypothetical, most likely nonexsistant, Miki Hyoudou fan...
Good idea!

Yes, the game style I'm designing is a single heroine only.
I originally started creating it for Rem since I love her character, but not the anime. However, I realized that same system could work with any heroine.

Reactions: cromon752

MattSS

Apr 30, 2018
Hopefully this gets NTR content down the line
Imagine if guys who hate NTR went to an NTR game's thread and posted, "Geez whiz, I sure hope this game gets a route where the husband and the wife live happily ever after!" that'd be really fucking stupid, wouldn't it?

None of us do that. There's plenty of other games with NTR content here. Go post on their threads.