VN [VNRPG] Oathbreaker (Heroes Journey Help!)

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017

Begin your story as a man hiding from a violent past while living with his family in the harsh northland wilds, until...

If not interested in very dialog heavy stories, this is not for you.

OATHBREAKER, is a passion project with a strong foundation but time has become the enemy.

I am looking for a writer to help with story development. Yes, I have tried many forums and fiver but I have not been able to find someone with the right vision.

(so whats in it for me?)
- Financial compensation
- Full credits in game
- Links to you website/patreon
- Steam release credits (already greenlit)

(so what do you want?)
- A love for worldbuilding
- A love for antiheroes
- Heroes journey basics
- expanding on established foundations

If you have interest or questions, DM or email hentamidreams@gmail.com. You may certainly post here, but that could get confusing.

Thank you for your time
~Team Hentami

Reactions: mooeycup

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Something that actually utilizes the rpgm engine instead of being a walking simulator?
Consider me intrigued. Downloading right now :pokerFace:

(this is not.. rpg maker)
Nevermind. Still intrigued though :pokerFace:

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Not RPGM, so I'd remove it from title, maybe market it as a fantasy or even rpg. The oposite in fact, as the player only has the barely minimum freedom in choices.

I rushed a bit, but i like the render, except for the moving effects, they don't look natural and most of the time I feel there's something wrong with my eyes instead of being a purposeful move from your part. If you want to make animated sprites, I recommend using more active moves instead of shaking the stills, like a hair flowing, lips moving when talking, shaking head for a no and things like this.

Also not a fan of the choice list, it's weird to have the options unaligned.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
View attachment 87818

(PC WIN 8+ ONLY)

click oathbreaker.exe to run

*warning* I am not sure what this Frankenstein abomination 'game' is.

What I do know, is F95 has provided the most brutally honest rug burns on my ass feedback out of any other website. And for that, thanks you bastards. We would love your thoughts good or bad on this project so far.

If you are not interested in a very dialog heavy story with little artwork, this 'game' is absolutely not for you. Walls and walls of text ahead. It is also set in a harsh medieval type world. (inspiration from ASDLpro- wicked choices - thank you friend!)

When you manage to get thru all of the text you will then experience a complete, "wtf!?" moment as the game shifts gears. And that moment will either have you smile or close out from disgust.. ARPGwtfizthis?

Those who enjoy RPG Maker type games, this may be for you, but then again, I know little of such things honestly, so maybe not. But that's the closest thing I can think of and why it's in the title. (this is not.. rpg maker)

This is, a collaboration of love in it's first bloody, ugly, mess of a birth.

Rug Burn away friends,
~Team Hentami
(PS, who knows what dark, evil bugs may exists...sorry in advance )

(dear mods, this is only for feedback - please do not peg as game)
Only Windows 8 and above? Considering the fact that today most people still use Windows 7 (I'm one of them), I believe that a huge part of the income/people will be definitely left outside and so not everyone will fund this project :FeelsBadMan:

Reactions: gue5t

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Only Windows 8 and above? Considering the fact that today most people still use Windows 7 (I'm one of them), I believe that a huge part of the income/people will be definitely left outside and so not everyone will fund this project :FeelsBadMan:
Games developers are phasing out windows 7/8 now. It's only a matter of time before they are completely obsolete. Stands to reason these kind of games will start to follow suit as the scope and scale grows.

Windows 7 still has a higher use percentage but very few AAA games released now will work with that OS.

Microsoft stopped mainstream support of Windows 7 in 2015 and all support comes to an end in 2020.

While it does suck that some people can't play certain games you can't expect the industry to hold itself back to keep them happy.

chaozu302

Feb 10, 2018
Think the game could be ok, the intro seemed decent. I'm not keen on the 8 bit dungeon crawler segment. I tend to like RPG/stat management elements more in keeping with the graphics of the rest of the game. Regarding the plot-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Hentami

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
As a long term RPG player and lover of all things RPG I only have one critical error that needs pointing out ..... those shoulder pads are far too small for an RPG.

Shoulder pads should be the size of a persons head .... or larger .... it's RPG law.

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
banner paint file two.png
Begin your story as a man hiding from a violent past while living with his wife and daughter in the harsh northland wilds, until...

After much feedback - here is a new version of project, OATHBREAKER. Decided to make this only a VN style rpg game and no longer holds the sprite based game. (that will be a different project someday)

If you enjoy giving feedback on game mechanics and ideas, I'd love to hear them. Good and bad of course!

click oathbreaker.exe to run
If you are not interested in very dialog heavy stories, this is absolutely not for you.
If you don't like early access ideas/mechanics/bugs, again you will not enjoy.

Escape opens some options available
F9 to be able to advance story progression cheat mode

Thank you for your time and all the ideas and feedback so far!

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
As almost always - the best feedback I ever receive, is from F95 - Thank you all so much for that. Using all that feedback, here is the latest update of OATHBREAKER. This video will let you see before bothering to download if you have any interest helping shape this project.

Massive thanks to all who DM with issues and ideas. Thank you dearly.

May fortune follow your footsteps!
~H