[HTML] vnAdult - devlog - public build 2019.02.07

Dec 11, 2018
Late weekend update:

Worked on twine and changed the zoom function.

Re-worked the variable system and added a back function.

Thinking about adding more in-story links(highlighted objects) but not sure how that would affect the gameplay for visually impaired.

Characters: 17290
Words: 2357
Passages: 114
Links: 212

Jul 4, 2017
@vnAdult: i tried the game link. congratulations on your first public release!

+++ It works!
++ i can see the great efforts you've been putting in so far. is this your first project like this?
# you seem to enjoy programming most than writing storyline text. would you say that's accurate? how do you think that will help or hinder your process?
- minor nitpicks on the text so far:
- in the hallway is says "talk to viper" etc when it should be janet
- there was at least one "your" instead of a "you're"
- janet still appears in the hallway after she supposedly has gone inside

Dec 11, 2018
@vnAdult: i tried the game link. congratulations on your first public release!

+++ It works!
++ i can see the great efforts you've been putting in so far. is this your first project like this?
# you seem to enjoy programming most than writing storyline text. would you say that's accurate? how do you think that will help or hinder your process?
- minor nitpicks on the text so far:
- in the hallway is says "talk to viper" etc when it should be janet
- there was at least one "your" instead of a "you're"
- janet still appears in the hallway after she supposedly has gone inside
Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, this is my first "adult text only" project. But I have done hobby games as long as I can remember.

I like coding more then writing and I think that's a big problem. It's hard to put ideas into words. Lots of "she did that. then she did that. then she did that again."

Thank you for finding the errors. The Janet in hallway was a new one. Your and youre are hard when coding and writing at the same time. For me anyways.

I will try to fix all the errors in the next public.

Jul 4, 2017
Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, this is my first "adult text only" project. But I have done hobby games as long as I can remember.

I like coding more then writing and I think that's a big problem. It's hard to put ideas into words. Lots of "she did that. then she did that. then she did that again."

Thank you for finding the errors. The Janet in hallway was a new one. Your and youre are hard when coding and writing at the same time. For me anyways.

I will try to fix all the errors in the next public.
No Problem!

I understand a little how hard it is - I think that many users don't have the experience to make a game before, so they have no idea how much work is needed.

Even for something that seems basic, you need to learn skills on programming, and making images (if a VN), and writing!

But I hope you are enjoying your progress so you are motivated to keep trying. Good luck!

Dec 11, 2018
No Problem!

I understand a little how hard it is - I think that many users don't have the experience to make a game before, so they have no idea how much work is needed.

Even for something that seems basic, you need to learn skills on programming, and making images (if a VN), and writing!

But I hope you are enjoying your progress so you are motivated to keep trying. Good luck!
When I see something like renpy today I get jealous and wish it was there back in the days. Such fun software.

Dec 11, 2018
(Early-)Daily motivator:

Wrote a new separate stats counter to easier keep track of the source and the compiled difference.

stats-checks: 49
conditionals: 79
labels: 89
choices: 120
links: 268
word-count-compiled: 1759
word-count-source: 3083

Dec 11, 2018
(Mid-) Daily motivator:

Been writing linear dates for the characters and thinking about mixing in generated dates with a win condition.

stats-checks: 66
conditionals: 106
labels: 147
choices: 195
links: 339
word-count-compiled: 2985
word-count-source: 4117
typed-characters: 27892

Dec 11, 2018
Daily motivator:

Trying out the date thing I went with this json format for when the npc ask you a question:

Code:
{
  "Do you like coffee": {
    "Yes": {
      "npcA": {
        "text": "I like coffee.",
        "value": 1
      },
      "npcB": {
        "text": "Meh",
        "value": 0
      },
      "npcC": {
        "text": "I hate coffee",
        "value": -1
      }
    },
    "No": {
      "npcA": {
        "text": "Too bad",
        "value": -1
      },
      "npcB": {
        "text": "meh",
        "value": 0
      },
      "npcC": {
        "text": "I hate coffee to",
        "value": 1
      }
    }
  }
}
So the questions will be re-usable and the npc's expects different answers if you want to get on their good side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.