VN Ren'Py Is It Love? [Development Thread] [Dark Adult Comedy]

Totally Pure Games

Formerly 'faradooooor'
Mar 30, 2024
Game Banner - Larger.png

Is It Love? - Dark Adult Comedy by Totally Pure Games

The game is deep in development to make the first release on F95Zone and Itch.
Follow or Support me on :
I will be posting lots of behind-the-scenes updates!

Itch_Banner-ph.png

"Is It Love?" is a dark comedy about some pretty messed up people. You've got Sarah (left), your real sister, and Lily (bottom), your adopted sister who's been ditched by her biological parents, unlike her sister Zoey (right) who they kept. Lily's got some deep scars and she's filling them with a mix of violence and a weird bond with you.

One wild night, Lily storms into your room, threatening to kill herself unless you bail from your house forever. For whatever fucked up reason, you agree. With fake IDs in hand, you enroll in a local college for some free housing. You've been riding along with Lily's plan, but now you're starting to wonder—what exactly are you running from? What did your family do to her?

What will you turn into — a guy who fucks with people and wrecks lives like Lily, someone who sticks to the rules like Sarah, or something totally different?

The first batch of characters is done! Left to right:
  1. Sarah - your blood-related sister.
  2. Mike - protagonist: always goes with the flow.
  3. Lily - your adopted sister.
  4. Ally - community college student, hooker.
  5. Emily - community college student, Ally's sister.
  6. Olivia - community college student, failed model.
  7. Chloe - community college student, wanna be athlete.
  8. Zoey - community college student, Lily's real sister.
  9. Joyce - community college student, drug dealer.
  10. Isabella - community college student, cut-off rich girl.
  11. Eva - community college student, alcoholic.
  12. Grace - community college student, anti-drug league.
  13. Connie - community college teacher, Grace's mother.
  14. Mercy - community college teacher, weeb.
Second Batch - 2.png

Game Poster.png

Gameplay - some weird story examples:
  • Tear apart the shitty loving couples
  • Hook your classmates on cocaine
  • Get a part-time job in the store. Rob the store.
  • Collect blackmail: cheaters, secret photos, and more
  • Get your teachers to cheat on their husbands
  • Make a fat girl embrace bulimia to slim down. Refuse to sleep with her anyways.
  • Encourage an alcoholic girl to stick a vodka tampon up her ass
  • Turn a shy girl into your pet... or lead her into prostitution
  • Many more ideas...

Narrative and Themes:
  • Dark Humor: I want to take it as far as possible... I always liked the deadpan style of Barry and over-the-top nihilism.
  • Manipulate Girls: take advantage of your superior genetics, good looks, and a complete lack of any moral compass - to lead the girls, make them dependent on you, and see what sort of shit they can take from you.
  • Fuck and Chuck: This ain't about finding love. But who knows... maybe doing all this fucked up shit will lead you to finding some twisted love.
Main Fetishes:
  • Incest
  • Drugs
  • Harem
  • Male Domination / Rape
  • Corruption
  • More details are coming soon....

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenOwl

GreenOwl

Dec 22, 2023
I like dark games, but its a fine line between entertaining hardcore dark story and cringe inducing edgelord story.

Sandboxes can be good (i.e. choices and different paths are more immersive) but often sandbox games end up mostly empty and the players are asking themselves where to go next and why the dev chose to implement a sandbox at all.
And the most important thing about sandbox games: don't let your game become a grindfest, nobody wants to grind in an avn.

I wont name any fetishes i want to see. Everyone wants to see different things, you wont be able to please everyone anyways. Your ideas sound pretty good and fairly unique. Start with what you have and dont overcommit at the beginning. There will be new ideas while you work on your game.
With extreme stories you wont have a big audience to begin with so dont restrict yourself to the wishes of the audience and just write what you want to write. Let your imagination run wild champ.
If your games quality is good enough you will find an audience. There arent many really dark games right now so you have a pretty good chance that people will find you.

Totally Pure Games

Formerly 'faradooooor'
Mar 30, 2024
I like dark games, but its a fine line between entertaining hardcore dark story and cringe inducing edgelord story.

Sandboxes can be good (i.e. choices and different paths are more immersive) but often sandbox games end up mostly empty and the players are asking themselves where to go next and why the dev chose to implement a sandbox at all.
And the most important thing about sandbox games: don't let your game become a grindfest, nobody wants to grind in an avn.

I wont name any fetishes i want to see. Everyone wants to see different things, you wont be able to please everyone anyways. Your ideas sound pretty good and fairly unique. Start with what you have and dont overcommit at the beginning. There will be new ideas while you work on your game.
With extreme stories you wont have a big audience to begin with so dont restrict yourself to the wishes of the audience and just write what you want to write. Let your imagination run wild champ.
If your games quality is good enough you will find an audience. There arent many really dark games right now so you have a pretty good chance that people will find you.
I think I'll stick to developing SFW games under my real name, after running some research, it doesn't seem like there is a fit between what I'm aiming to create and what forum users like, albeit, it's likely fairly high-level. I did a couple of small games in the past, and even those tend to pay okay - this would be an attempt to go next level.

The idea was to do sort of a Class of 09 - the adult version, but I think the lower reach of publishing a game as an adult isn't that much balanced with a more proactive audience that wants to see more games in a limited pool.

Rather, the pool isn't limited, there're shitload of games, but we all know how few are good :D

And appreciate the feedback, always happy to see that.

Totally Pure Games

Formerly 'faradooooor'
Mar 30, 2024
If you should decide to create such a game in the future i would be interested to see what you will create. Until then best of luck with sfw game creation.
You know what, fuck it, I'm gonna make a demo, will share it on F95, and if I get reviews that are good enough will pursue it further.

It looks like the games here are mostly funded through Patreon? I am more used to raising the money from private publisher or government before starting, looks to be more of a crowdfunding model

GreenOwl

Dec 22, 2023
You know what, fuck it, I'm gonna make a demo, will share it on F95, and if I get reviews that are good enough will pursue it further.

It looks like the games here are mostly funded through Patreon? I am more used to raising the money from private publisher or government before starting, looks to be more of a crowdfunding model
Patreons rules are quite strict, so a lot of devs get kicked of the platform. Patreon is the easiest way for people to support though. Subsribestar is gaining popularity as an alternative. On subscribestar almost everything is allowed, when it comes to adult content in games. boosty, steam, buymeacoffee are other ways to gather money.

Reactions: Totally Pure Games

Totally Pure Games

Formerly 'faradooooor'
Mar 30, 2024
Patreons rules are quite strict, so a lot of devs get kicked of the platform. Patreon is the easiest way for people to support though. Subsribestar is gaining popularity as an alternative. On subscribestar almost everything is allowed, when it comes to adult content in games. boosty, steam, buymeacoffee are other ways to gather money.
Nice, thanks for the tips.

Looks like Patreon doesn't allow incest, so Subscribestar it is.

I am gonna change this thread to be less shitty, once I have more of a game, designing and writing rn.

Thanks for the help!

R1k0

Sep 27, 2017
Unfortunately, there are very few male domination games. Your game looks like "Regional manager", only in an university setting, it can be interesting, but of course it all depends on the quality.

Reactions: Totally Pure Games

Totally Pure Games

Formerly 'faradooooor'
Mar 30, 2024
Unfortunately, there are very few male domination games. Your game looks like "Regional manager", only in an university setting, it can be interesting, but of course it all depends on the quality.
The stuff in the first post is no longer relevant, it was mostly a brainstorm, I changed up the story / setting.

I will just delete the info so people don't get confused - I am pretty happy with how things are shaping up.

I checked the Regional Manager and it's fairly different from what I am working on.

Stay tuned and thanks for interacting!

And if you have any other suggestions I can take a look at, that's always appreciated.

Totally Pure Games

Formerly 'faradooooor'
Mar 30, 2024
Good news! First of all, I've actually made a properly looking first post now. Lmk if anything looks shitty.

My account was approved on , if you can follow to give the page some life that would be awesome! I will be posting a lot of stuff there as I go through the dev process.

If you are wondering - why Subscribestar? Patreon banned Zetan (Desert Stalker), so I can't trust them to build something long-term...

Some of the main cast, around whom the story is built (left to right):
  1. Sarah - your blood-related sister, wants you and Lily to live an honest life.
  2. Mike - you (protagonist). Always going with the flow, no matter how ridiculous.
  3. Lily - your adopted sister. Violent, possessive, reason why you escaped home.
  4. Zoey - Lily's real sister, who hasn't been abandoned by her parents.
This isn't some simple incest story...

Game Poster.png

Completed first batch of characters with stories (check out the first post for more details):

Second Batch - 2.png

A quick peek at in-production animation:

sex_anim_dog_hor052.png

Hope it excites at least someone!

The best thing you can do to help me now is follow me on Subscribestar or interact with this thread. Tho, I'm kinda slow with responses, texting with strangers stresses me out...

Need to catch up on some sleep.