VN game using sims 4

GoldenLily

Dec 26, 2023
I am very interested in making a VN game using sims 4. I want to know if people would be interested in such a game.

Here are some the previews of the game I want to develop.

I have used sims models and poses created by other creators.

MannBobinson

Feb 27, 2023
I'm not a huge fan of VNs or 3DCG games, so take this opinion with a grain of salt, but I think these models look better than many of the 3DCG games I've seen. If the writing was really solid I'd check it out.

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
Looks ok.

But I've dropped alot of games with good visuals for different reasons. Insane grind, constant switching to check walkthough and back, walls of empty chatter, forced relationships, too much drama while MC is helpless...

Right now I see no details what your game would be like:
- what is MC's gender
- what fetishes do you plan in a game
- what story do you want to tell

Personally, I prefer sandbox games. But sometimes VNs are good too. I like to read fantasy books, and they have no gameplay or graphics at all. If your story is good enough for a book, then its good for kinetic VN. Just remember that VN has no gameplay to distract player from boring story.

GoldenLily

Dec 26, 2023
- It's a multi-protagonist game.

- It will include all major fetishes except incest, sexual harassment and rape. It won't be a harem game, but protagonists can have more than one sexual partner. This means it will be a netorase game with netorare as an option.

- The story is about a couple who are deeply in love with each other, living comfortably and happily in a city that has lost its past glory and charm. Certain forces, both good and bad, far beyond the reach and control of the protagonists bring a storm into this declining city. The lives of many, including that of our protagonists, are affected in this storm. This story is about how these two ordinary people try to navigate through this unexpected chaos and survive. They not only survive, but also thrive by exploiting the opportunities this chaos brings with it. It is a CYOA story where choices do really matter. There will be multiple-endings.

I want my story to be different from most stories that are posted on this website.

1. My characters will have very definite personalities. Most games I play here lack consistency in a character's personality. Most developers focus more on sex scenes and the story. Hence, the character development and its consistency takes a back seat. That won't happen in my game. Most games also suffer from characters that have overlapping personalities i.e., most characters behave in a same way. I want my characters to have a very distinctive personalities.

2. All the major characters in my game will have their own stories, plotlines and character arcs. Their stories will not always revolve around the protagonists. But they will influence the main story.

3. Most characters in this story will have their own sexual partners. So, not every character's destiny is to end up with protagonists. Protagonists will have to put efforts to seek new sexual partners. Some of these sexual relations will greatly alter the story and the protagonists' behavior.

4. I personally believe that it is the context and the sexual tension that spices up the pleasureful experience of sex. So, there will be enough sexual build-up for every sex scene executed in an interesting context.

5. There will be many male characters and most of them will be decent human beings.

6. Choices will have three different kinds of impact.
a. Some will impact the progression of the story.
b. Some will alter sexual dynamics between sexual partners.
c. Some will alter the personality of characters.

7. Netorase will be dealt in a very realistic and matured way. There will be a structured progression of NTS lifestyle of our protagonists. I want players to see what NTS looks like in real life. I have real life experience of swinger lifestyle.

I hate sandbox games. So. there won't be any sandbox elements in my game.

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
- It's a multi-protagonist game.
What does it mean? I've seen this tag a few times, but I dont get it. You walk around like a group in rpg games?

6. Choices will have three different kinds of impact.
a. Some will impact the progression of the story.
b. Some will alter sexual dynamics between sexual partners.
c. Some will alter the personality of characters.

I hate sandbox games. So. there won't be any sandbox elements in my game.
If even other character personalities change because of MC's actions - thats almost sandbox.
You just limit gameplay to selecting branches, while avoiding game loops.

For me sandbox is not about grinding some stats or playing minigames. I like it for better immersion:
- I can relax, not progressing the story and enjoy daily life. For example I sometimes play RogueLike Evolution even after I've corrupted everyone there, just to have some threesome fun with them.
- Sandbox gives second chances: if I chose bad dialog options on a date and failed, I can repeat that date next time.

But VN forces me to replay the whole game to see different content. Every choice is unique, so I need a ton of saves in key moments. And when I reach the end of story, there is no endgame. If I want to repeat some sex scene - I can only use gallery in menu, and it ruins the mood because it feels artificial, like choosing a video on adult site.

GoldenLily

Dec 26, 2023
Multi-protagonist means there will be more than one character who will drive the plot by making choices.

Sandbox gives second chances: if I chose bad dialog options on a date and failed, I can repeat that date next time.
There will be second, third and even fourth chances. Protagonists (Pros) will be given more than one opportunity to pursue their love interests. Every opportunity will be different from the previous one. So in a way failing at one opportunity is kinda rewarding, because you will unlock a new scene that gives you another opportunity to try again but in a different setting and in a different way.

But VN forces me to replay the whole game to see different content. Every choice is unique, so I need a ton of saves in key moments.
I also have same complaint against VN games. Only way I can avoid this problem in my game is by making it a Kinetic novel. But games with no choices are often boring and are not that popular among players here.

GoldenLily

Dec 26, 2023
I'm not a huge fan of VNs or 3DCG games, so take this opinion with a grain of salt, but I think these models look better than many of the 3DCG games I've seen. If the writing was really solid I'd check it out.
Credit for the models goes to the original creators. Thanks for your kind words.