VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vivid Days [Ep. 1 v0.1.0] [Loys]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
nice renders..bad engrish..stupid encounters...just meet..offer massage..no massage?..ok i'll take sexy photos of you...because of course thats how it works...sighhh
going to start calling these type of games "penthouse letters" games..HAHAHA

Last edited:

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
nice renders..bad engrish..stupid encounters...just meet..offer massage..no massage?..ok i'll take sexy photos of you...because of course thats how it works...sighhh
I didn't find the "Engrish" to be bad, I had easy time following the dialog, didn't need to anything twice to make sure I got it right the first time, and I've definitely read BY FAR worse "Engrish" than this, take a look at "Bastard Girls" for example, haha, the dialog there is a perfect example of BAD "Engrish", you have to read everything at least 3 times to MAYBE understand what's being said :p

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
I didn't find the "Engrish" to be bad, I had easy time following the dialog, didn't need to anything twice to make sure I got it right the first time, and I've definitely read BY FAR worse "Engrish" than this, take a look at "Bastard Girls" for example, haha, the dialog there is a perfect example of BAD "Engrish", you have to read everything at least 3 times to MAYBE understand what's being said :p
i said bad...which = average..BG ranks as horrendous..LOL

Reactions: Philip Screwdriver

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Some of this is down to cultural differences. The entire Russian (and Ex-Soviet) culture is as different from Western cultures in some respects as the Japanese culture. There's a cop show on Netflix called 'Silver Spoon' about a wealthy heir going to work for the police force where the cultural differences make it seem to the Western viewer like a bad and shallow farce - we can't believe cops can be so amateurish, so petty, or that people are so swayed by money for an instant, but it plays very differently in Russian culture.

For those reasons, I always think that Russian and East-European games need more than just straight translation - they need someone that can actually translate the concepts and cultural references too. Otherwise the devs just need to accept it won't translate well to a western audience that finds these things unbelievable and extreme.

h3avenw0rd

Jun 7, 2017
Interesting start so far, lots of nice renders and has potential if the pace can be sustained. I always appreciate choices that branch off (even just a little) instead of having a clear progression path, this always means more work but they're nice to see now and then.
Not all games need to be a slow crawl before you get to the eye candy, so I'll enjoy this one as what it is.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Just messing a little bit because both Depraved awakening and Actings lessons on my mind ,
I know my friend, I know, haha :p
Well, at least on Depraved Awakening the best redhead, Christina, she fits in none of that category, at least none that would've happened in my play-through :p

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

HonoredEx

May 2, 2017
I know my friend, I know, haha :p
Well, at least on Depraved Awakening the best redhead, Christina, she fits in none of that category, at least none that would've happened in my play-through :p
True, In my playthrough she was let go by baddies during the final attack, But she still was kinda "3)has lesser role than the rest "
I dont know how it will end but she has a lesser role compared to the two mains, I doubt we will have a good ending with her(end up with her)
And dont forget 'stella'

Last edited:

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
True, In my playthrough she was let go by baddies during the final attack, But she still was kinda "3)has lesser role than the rest "
I dont know how it will end but she has a lesser role compared to the two mains, I doubt we will have a good ending with her(end up with her)
And dont forget 'stella'
Hmm. I didn't even recall Stella being a redhead, but then again it's been a long time since her death, and she didn't get to have much "screen time" before then, which is a damn shame, I liked Stella. Christina does have semi big role, I mean, her screen time is about as big as Judi's, I think overall Judi, Christina and Carli have equally as much screen time, it's Mi-do that has been neglected, haha :p

But yeah, you made a good point with the Stella reference :p

At any rate, I just love redheads, especially the ones with freckles (hmmm, I actually like freckles regardless of the hair color, haha) <3

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Snusen

May 27, 2018
For those of us not into interracial, can this be avoided? I don't want another forced scene like Bad Hero.
It's kind forced at the start. But its just seeing her naked. You get the chance to touch her pussy if you want to but that leads to an game over if i'm correct.

Reactions: phreadom

poser707

Nov 5, 2017
Ok, my 2 cents:

1. Engrish isn't that bad.
2. Renders are simply stunning and models are awesome.

You have a very promising intro on your hands, don't waste it! Subjectively it looks like this game can be a let down in story and overall quality of dialogues in the future.
Maybe look for a writer to collaborate with and you'll be golden.

Reactions: Loys
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes