VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vivid Days [Ep. 1 v0.1.0] [Loys]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
i was watching this game for a long time now and i really don't understand how we can expect Loys to get back to it after such a long time. Patreon page has 2 subs only and he keeps posting wallpapers i guess just for the sake of keeping the page working. Since people say that he in involved in My Pleasure then it is even more difficult for him to divert his attention to two different projects
Well, who knows what Loys' plans are after My Pleasure comes to conclusion, which it's starting to near at this point. It's possible that Loys could pick this project back up then, who knows, we'll just have to wait and see.

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
"All good things come to those who wait..."

Well, from what I've seen so far, this VN is currently, and potentially even more so, a (very) good thing.
The creator says he will come back to this game and, as far as I (alone) can see, no-one has any reason to think or believe otherwise.

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
I'm ready to "Patreonize" Loys, but I feel completely and utterly compelled to hold off until he starts full time working on "Vivid Days". This assumes, of course, that he doesn't, in the meantime, decide to embark upon some entirely different project once "My Pleasure" has concluded.

I'm not familiar with the comparative timescales of "Vivid Days" and "My Pleasure" but I cannot for the life of me understand the logic of putting up "Vivid Days" so early, if at all, when its creator's commitment to "My Pleasure" appears to be practically all-consuming. It really has left "Vivid Days" withering on the vine and in the process frustrating and eventually pissing off a pretty large gathering of potential, seemingly very keen "investors" (Patreons) of which I, most certainly, would be one (investor, that is, not so much pissed off as frustrated).

I appreciate Loys involvement with "My Pleasure" seems to be predominantly if not entirely on the rendering side, but personally speaking, what I experienced in playing the mouth-watering sliver of "Vivid Days" that is available very quickly and adeptly showed me a far more interesting, faster moving, character-richer story than "My Pleasure" whose merit, for all its seemingly lofty stature within the AVN community, seems to me to revolve as much if not entirely around beautiful eyes and prodigious female bust-size all supremely rendered in ultra-high quality than any other equally important aspect(s) of the end product.

I'm rarely impressed or even particularly attracted to African American females in this genre (though absolutely not remotely close to being racist in any aspect of my outlook), but I am extremely pleased to say that Diana is one of the most drop-dead gorgeous women (black, white, purple or green) I've ever had the privilege to encounter. But then all of the VD characters are intriguing and distinctly differently attractive both in character and appearance. I just wish "My Pleasure" would finally conclude so that we could really get behind and start to both support and enjoy what I feel is a giant diamond in the rough just nestling here waiting to be tooled, facetted and presented to the world and so that the world itself might start breathing once again.

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
I'm ready to "Patreonize" Loys, but I feel completely and utterly compelled to hold off until he starts full time working on "Vivid Days". This assumes, of course, that he doesn't, in the meantime, decide to embark upon some entirely different project once "My Pleasure" has concluded.

I'm not familiar with the comparative timescales of "Vivid Days" and "My Pleasure" but I cannot for the life of me understand the logic of putting up "Vivid Days" so early, if at all, when its creator's commitment to "My Pleasure" appears to be practically all-consuming. It really has left "Vivid Days" withering on the vine and in the process frustrating and eventually pissing off a pretty large gathering of potential, seemingly very keen "investors" (Patreons) of which I, most certainly, would be one (investor, that is, not so much pissed off as frustrated).

I appreciate Loys involvement with "My Pleasure" seems to be predominantly if not entirely on the rendering side, but personally speaking, what I experienced in playing the mouth-watering sliver of "Vivid Days" that is available very quickly and adeptly showed me a far more interesting, faster moving, character-richer story than "My Pleasure" whose merit, for all its seemingly lofty stature within the AVN community, seems to me to revolve as much if not entirely around beautiful eyes and prodigious female bust-size all supremely rendered in ultra-high quality than any other equally important aspect(s) of the end product.

I'm rarely impressed or even particularly attracted to African American females in this genre (though absolutely not remotely close to being racist in any aspect of my outlook), but I am extremely pleased to say that Diana is one of the most drop-dead gorgeous women (black, white, purple or green) I've ever had the privilege to encounter. But then all of the VD characters are intriguing and distinctly differently attractive both in character and appearance. I just wish "My Pleasure" would finally conclude so that we could really get behind and start to both support and enjoy what I feel is a giant diamond in the rough just nestling here waiting to be tooled, facetted and presented to the world and so that the world itself might start breathing once again.
Hello, Gosamr ! Thank you very much for your feedback! Yes, working on the MP takes almost all of my free time. However, I do work on VD from time to time, although the progress is rather slow. The reason why I stopped working on VD at the beginning of 2019 is that in this project I did everything myself - wrote the text, code, did the graphics. I realized that my skills are not enough to make the game at a good level. So I started collaborating with other people, and then at the end of 2019, the first MP update came out.

I will continue to work on the VD, but at the moment I can't say when the full update will be released.

d22.png

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes