VN Visual Novel: Configuring Display Settings

RandomUser441

May 25, 2021
Hello,

I have noticed that a number of VNs that I have downloaded always start with a pop-up and a series of prompts tht ask whether I want to configure the display settings (the first image posted). On occasion, it also shows the second prompt telling me the game "could not create a save file." From there, I need to choose a window resolution, check whether I can see the settings screen, and so on, to a total of about seven prompts.

I managed to find that these settings are what show up the first time that the game is launched, but this is happening on every single time I try to launch the game, both including copies that I downloaded wholescale Japanese from other websites (so that I can apply the SugoiVN English patch), and even a few that I have downloaded from this very website.

I am currently trying to run these VNs on Parallels Desktop on a Macbook Pro running Windows 11 ARM and macOS Monterey, respectively.

VNs that I have encountered this (it is not a universal issue):
Kyonyuu Elf Oyako Saimin (Lune)
Youkoso Sukebe Elf no Mori E (Lune)

(Oh, and in case it might seem like an issue with Lune games in particular, there is another Lune game, Elfen King, that starts with no such issues, and it is a game that I downloaded as Japanese and applied a SugoiVN patch, so I don't believe that's the case).

I would like some assistance on what might be going on here, and some way to disable this so it doesn't happen every time I open the VN.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: