4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Dangit, have to redo the whol thing again! Not untill next content update :)
Hmm yes i can see that it was given only to Mrs.Rhoades. The probem is.. there was no indication whatsoever that i should speak with her again. Her home is only approachoable during quests, otherwise its not visible on map and its not that she had the hint on her page. There was no hint. The only reason i tried to make contact with her is that i saw a missing scene in the gallery and checked out if i can call her. Lo behold, i could! But there was no hint that suggested i should.
hmm.. no hint no good
what do you mean exactly? has to be fixed

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I mean that there was no hint on either mom's or Mrs.Rhoade's journal page. That there is another thing that can be done. I only realized that there is another scene when i checked the gallery and saw the unlocked scene on Mrs.Rhoade's page. Thats when i guess that if not mom, maybe she can trigger it, considering the nature of the first group scene, the therapy session, was initiated by her as well. But since her home is not appearing on the map, i simply tried to call her. And i could! Oddly enough, after i called her there was still no signt of her home appearing. Then i bumped into mom at one of those 18:00 occasion when i can talk to her and indeed i could talk about her to lets visit the therapist again. But for this line, there was no hint at all at any journal page.

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
I mean that there was no hint on either mom's or Mrs.Rhoade's journal page. That there is another thing that can be done. I only realized that there is another scene when i checked the gallery and saw the unlocked scene on Mrs.Rhoade's page. Thats when i guess that if not mom, maybe she can trigger it, considering the nature of the first group scene, the therapy session, was initiated by her as well. But since her home is not appearing on the map, i simply tried to call her. And i could! Oddly enough, after i called her there was still no signt of her home appearing. Then i bumped into mom at one of those 18:00 occasion when i can talk to her and indeed i could talk about her to lets visit the therapist again. But for this line, there was no hint at all at any journal page.
so we're talking about 2nd therapy meeting?

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
so we're talking about 2nd therapy meeting?
Yes. There are two replayable scenes in Mrs.Rhoade's gallery. And this is the second one. The questline that leads to that scene, which is the continuation of the first scene, is completely hidden. Not appearing as hints at any girl's page. At least didn't appear for me..

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Yes. There are two replayable scenes in Mrs.Rhoade's gallery. And this is the second one. The questline that leads to that scene, which is the continuation of the first scene, is completely hidden. Not appearing as hints at any girl's page. At least didn't appear for me..
ok, will look into this

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
so..
it starts with the shop scene with mom, afterwards there should be a task for Mom "Talk to mom. She will be in her room at 23:00." (btw also a nice scene ;))
then there should be a task entry for Mrs. Rhoades "Ask for help from Julia."
you call her and get a new task for Mom "Talk with mom in library."
this leads to the 3some scene
is it possible that you got confused, because of Julia instead of Mrs. Rhoades?
coz i ain't find any hole in that line of events

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
is it possible that you got confused, because of Julia instead of Mrs. Rhoades?
You're probably right. I just had a save exactly before this quesline and everything seemed to be in order. Odd! ...wasn't fully aware Mom is called Julia :)

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
You're probably right. I just had a save exactly before this quesline and everything seemed to be in order. Odd! ...wasn't fully aware Mom is called Julia :)
no no no :)
Mrs. Rhoades is Julia
and you are right, one variable slipped my variable changing marathon, so actually 2 task entries aren't displayed correctly

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Names are so confusing:confounded: Who can remember all of them with so much exposed titties:coldsweat: Well, thats nice. That you fixed something then :D Like i said in the beginning though, its a bit confusing that the big exclamation mark for hints just vanishes though. Of course the fact that we can see end-of-content sign with one of the girls so early on serves as a hint that if we see the exclamation mark missing it doesn't mean no more content.. just that we have to progress with someone else! This is your making? I mean this hint system and all? To be honest i haven't played the original one and i have absolutely no idea how it looks like :) The city map.. SimCity? Transport Tychoon?

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Names are so confusing:confounded: Who can remember all of them with so much exposed titties:coldsweat: Well, thats nice. That you fixed something then :D Like i said in the beginning though, its a bit confusing that the big exclamation mark for hints just vanishes though. Of course the fact that we can see end-of-content sign with one of the girls so early on serves as a hint that if we see the exclamation mark missing it doesn't mean no more content.. just that we have to progress with someone else! This is your making? I mean this hint system and all? To be honest i haven't played the original one and i have absolutely no idea how it looks like :) The city map.. SimCity? Transport Tychoon?
no the hint system is from Marvel, i just made it more 'useable'
the city map, well.. it could be worse :)

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
it could be worse :)
I like it. I was just curious its origin because looks very familar! I know that i can't be from the old Tychoon but i'm not familiar with aaaall the SimCities and clones so thats why i'm asking :)

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
I like it. I was just curious its origin because looks very familar! I know that i can't be from the old Tychoon but i'm not familiar with aaaall the SimCities and clones so thats why i'm asking :)
honestly i don't know, i did long time not playing a "real" game
sometime i will change it to reflect the actual gametime better
but with the upcoming update of the orig. game, there will be more important stuff that has to get incorporated in the mod :)

Acurex

Nov 20, 2017
found a bug during gameplay. In line 550 in livingroom.rpy it says "$ sisch_rel(2)", but i think it must be "$ sis.ch_rel(2)".
After changing this, i gives a new error, because in start.rpy on line 82 and 90 there is a coordinate missing between "align" and "knot". After setting a coordinate (eg 0,0) it works fine.

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
found a bug during gameplay. In line 550 in livingroom.rpy it says "$ sisch_rel(2)", but i think it must be "$ sis.ch_rel(2)".
After changing this, i gives a new error, because in start.rpy on line 82 and 90 there is a coordinate missing between "align" and "knot". After setting a coordinate (eg 0,0) it works fine.
point 1 ok
point 2 hmm.. in my start.rpy there are a coordinates

TheGoldenRim

May 24, 2017
Hey 66, could you remind me the stat codes for the mod? The ones posted in the main thread ain't working for me (except money=x). Or my typing is shit.

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Hey 66, could you remind me the stat codes for the mod? The ones posted in the main thread ain't working for me (except money=x). Or my typing is shit.
bah.. you cheater :evilsmile:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheGoldenRim

May 24, 2017
bah.. you cheater :evilsmile:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Haha, it's just to try some stuff. And to get through mom quickly. Great mod. I assume you will prepare a new version for the next update... I really like what you did with the interface xD.

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Haha, it's just to try some stuff. And to get through mom quickly. Great mod. I assume you will prepare a new version for the next update... I really like what you did with the interface XD.
yep, it's my intention
i hope that i've prepared my mod to easily incorporating the new content
but we'll see this weekend or next week

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'F:\\Artem\\proekt\\2/game/Bathroom.rpy', 1489962411, 0) is defined twice, at game/Bathroom.rpy:2 and bathroom.rpyc:2.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Sephiroth\Documents\Games\View_of_family-0.1.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Sephiroth\Documents\Games\View_of_family-0.1.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 367, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\Sephiroth\Documents\Games\View_of_family-0.1.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\Sephiroth\Documents\Games\View_of_family-0.1.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 757, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\Sephiroth\Documents\Games\View_of_family-0.1.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 423, in finish_load
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'F:\\Artem\\proekt\\2/game/Bathroom.rpy', 1489962411, 0) is defined twice, at game/Bathroom.rpy:2 and bathroom.rpyc:2.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218

Thu Mar 22 23:12:52 2018

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Sephiroth\Documents\Games\View_of_family-0.1.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Sephiroth\Documents\Games\View_of_family-0.1.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 367, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\Sephiroth\Documents\Games\View_of_family-0.1.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\Sephiroth\Documents\Games\View_of_family-0.1.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 757, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\Sephiroth\Documents\Games\View_of_family-0.1.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 423, in finish_load
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218

Thu Mar 22 23:12:52 2018
perhaps you have extracted the patch 1.1.3 to a location where it doesn't belongs to :)
normally there should be a warning for overwriting scripts.rpa and update.rpa
and for me it looks like you have the scripts twice
or you have the extracted .rpy's conflicting with the .rpa
hard to tell from here :)

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes