Mar 23, 2022
Only I can make edits to the default source code of the game. Others can open up branches under their name and make changes.

Letting everyone touch the source code would cause problems so everyone just gets their own version of it. To make it "canon" they just do a merge request and I can accept or veto it. I think you have one that I vetoed in favor of Kaito's bugfix version.
So if anyone wants to make edits or changes they open a new fork? Fair enough I guess.

KaitoKuro

Sep 15, 2020
So funny thing if you used my changes on git I might have messed up, and I can't undo them because git is being annoying right now. So uh can you use this instead?

Code:
            act 'Thank her for the information and tell her she was a huge help':
                if MacLib=0:
                    MacLib=1
                end
                minut+=5
                loksicollar=1
                gt $locP
            end
Has this been already fixed on the git or no? I'll be converting it to UTF-16 and importing it into an Unofficial version soon.

I just I had though, feel free to tell me I'm dumb if you'd like. But the main page's git leads to . KaitoKuro and I (possibly Snekk) use as the unoffical update git. Should Snekk change the main page git or am I being dumb?
We don't have direct access to Snekk's repository as that something they'll need to invite us a member and set as a developer. I also don't want to accidently mess something up on the main repository as anyone is welcome to join this community one. The merge request will take place only when it's out with a new Unofficial version that's stable and has a decent amount of changes. Will probably do one right now.

Snekk was invited to the unofficial git with owner access, so if they want to make any changes regarding how things work then they can. Whether it's invite or setting other's role

Still as lost as when I started looking into it. All I know is

View attachment 3632204

and

View attachment 3632206

are different.
There's a fork and a branch, our version of Snekk's Vincindio project is a fork (a split off) of it which we can make smaller ones called branches within that fork. Typically, you'd want branches as different versions and edits of it with the master being the newest one. You can see the different forks made from Snekk's Git.

KaitoKuro

Sep 15, 2020
Only I can make edits to the default source code of the game. Others can open up branches under their name and make changes.

Letting everyone touch the source code would cause problems so everyone just gets their own version of it. To make it "canon" they just do a merge request and I can accept or veto it. I think you have one that I vetoed in favor of Kaito's bugfix version.
Unfortunately, since it's only one file and it seems that the merge request doesn't merge the changes within the file but replaces the file as a whole (I can be mistaken on this). That ended up causing error on ThrowAwayPower's merge request once you accepted mine since their edit was on a previous one. To solve this, aside from working on one merge request as a group, would be to merge request chain (at least that's one of the things they suggested on the Gitlab's info section) were one would fork off a merge request and edit that instead then merge request that... or something like that, gotta reread that.

KaitoKuro

Sep 15, 2020
Here's the next release of fixes
Bug fixes on:
- Maceasy Library quest (by ThrowAwayPower)
- Northroad & Junktown events (by ThrowAwayPower)
- CrimeNudity error (by ThrowAwayPower)
- Slaves (by KaitoKuro)
- Slave counter (by KaitoKuro)
- Brood pit battle outcomes (by KaitoKuro)
- a few more I can't recall (Gitlab down for maintenance)

Mar 23, 2022
Here's the next release of fixes
Bug fixes on:
- Maceasy Library quest (by ThrowAwayPower)
- Northroad & Junktown events (by ThrowAwayPower)
- CrimeNudity error (by ThrowAwayPower)
- Slaves (by KaitoKuro)
- Slave counter (by KaitoKuro)
- Brood pit battle outcomes (by KaitoKuro)
- a few more I can't recall (Gitlab down for maintenance)
So no surprise I broke something with CrimeNudity. New quick (and very sloppy) fix to that because of course I'm good at this.

specifically this

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mar 23, 2022
Dumb question, and I know I can just look through the code for an answer. But do all starts start in the graveyard?

Last edited:

Frantoria

Sep 15, 2019
This is probably a dumb question; I start with male and transform into succubus in Anette's bedroom, but it seems that I end up having no anatomy in the end. Is it intended? ( I checked the code and see it only removes cock)

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
This is probably a dumb question; I start with male and transform into succubus in Anette's bedroom, but it seems that I end up having no anatomy in the end. Is it intended? ( I checked the code and see it only removes cock)
Fixed in the snekkbuild.

This is going to get confusing with three different versions now.

I think Quick Start starts you in the graveyard but it doesn't matter for what I'm thinking. Just having a funnel point that all players have to go through is all I need.
What are you trying to do?

Mar 23, 2022
1. This is going to get confusing with three different versions now.

2. What are you trying to do?
1. Don't worry none of my "builds" are going to be public and if they ever are it's for me to get feed back from the public to see how badly I broke it. If and that's a big if I do make it public though I'll do it in a way where merging it is a bad idea and it'd be better to just copy or edit the code. I'd do it in chunks so searching and editing is easier.

1a. Unless you mean other people making forks. In which case I can't help with that.

2. Well that's easy. A funnel point like that is useful for setting up code that's used though out the game. Like in an RPG making it so the players inventory is active. Usually that's done at the start of the game but in this case there is multiple different starts, a place where they all go through works instead. Which it does and is fine, I guess you could say that the game doesn't really start until after then.

2a. In my case though setting up the basis for a crime array..... if I can figure out why they aren't working for me.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. Don't worry none of my "builds" are going to be public and if they ever are it's for me to get feed back from the public to see how badly I broke it. If and that's a big if I do make it public though I'll do it in a way where merging it is a bad idea and it'd be better to just copy or edit the code. I'd do it in chunks so searching and editing is easier.

1a. Unless you mean other people making forks. In which case I can't help with that.

2. Well that's easy. A funnel point like that is useful for setting up code that's used though out the game. Like in an RPG making it so the players inventory is active. Usually that's done at the start of the game but in this case there is multiple different starts, a place where they all go through works instead. Which it does and is fine, I guess you could say that the game doesn't really start until after then.

2a. In my case though setting up the basis for a crime array..... if I can figure out why they aren't working for me.
2. If you're just wanting to turn on/update something why not do what I've done with the achievements location? It sits at the top of avedonevents and updates the player's potential skillpoints any time they enter the city.

2a. If you need an array, can you not repurpose larceny for it?

Mar 23, 2022
2. If you're just wanting to turn on/update something why not do what I've done with the achievements location? It sits at the top of avedonevents and updates the player's potential skillpoints any time they enter the city.

3. If you need an array, can you not repurpose larceny for it?
tldr:

1. Not happening for a while if at all.

2. Everything is self contained except the door to my testing area (on my own private build). I'm not a monster.... well I am but not for this.

3. It shouldn't change anything on your end except maybe make some things easier. I'm testing things to find out.

expanded ver:

1. I'm a long way off actually doing anything. First I need to poke and prod the engine to see how it works, which is what I'm doing. I have no idea how they handle anything in this and I'm simply figuring it out. I'm making a list of things that I'd like to change. So for when I think I can do something I'll do it. But first is knowing if I can.

2. I'm just using gs 'crimetest' at the end of Osirus telling you about the magic inventory space to set the array, which does nothing outside my testing area. In fact that's the only changes I've made outside my testing are gs 'crimetest' and act 'test' gt 'Testing 1' end.

2a. I'd probably change it to CrimeReset because making it so that anytime the code runs through there it'd reset the array making all crime stats 0 again. But that's me thinking out loud.

3. Ideally it shouldn't be changing how anything works, just changing what's called and possibly what things are called, well outside the array area. In other words, CrimeRape would no longer be just CrimeRape. It would now change a thing that would add to the value of that CrimeRapeValue in the array (only because I can't figure out how to add straight to the value in the array). Outside the array area you'd be able to type CrimeTotal for if you want to check if ANY crime has been commited. You know, instead of (CrimeCum>0 or CrimeDrunk>0 or CrimeNude>0 or CrimeResist>0 or CrimeLarceny>0 or CrimeBest>0 or CrimeRape>0 or CrimeEscape>0 or CrimeMurder>0 or CrimeDebt>0 or CrimeWeapon>0).

Last edited:

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. I'm a long way off actually doing anything. First I need to poke and prod the engine to see how it works, which is what I'm doing. I have no idea how they handle anything in this and I'm simply figuring it out. I'm making a list of things that I'd like to change. So for when I think I can do something I'll do it. But first is knowing if I can.

2. I'm just using gs 'crimetest' at the end of Osirus telling you about the magic inventory space to set the array, which does nothing outside my testing area. In fact that's the only changes I've made outside my testing are gs 'crimetest' and act 'test' gt 'Testing 1' end.

2a. I'd probably change it to CrimeReset because making it so that anytime the code runs through there it'd reset the array making all crime stats 0 again. But that's me thinking out loud.

3. Ideally it shouldn't be changing how anything works, just changing what's called and possibly what things are called, well outside the array area. In other words, CrimeRape would no longer be just CrimeRape. It would now change a thing that would add to the value of that CrimeRapeValue in the array (only because I can't figure out how to add straight to the value in the array). Outside the array area you'd be able to type CrimeTotal for if you want to check if ANY crime has been commited. You know, instead of (CrimeCum>0 or CrimeDrunk>0 or CrimeNude>0 or CrimeResist>0 or CrimeLarceny>0 or CrimeBest>0 or CrimeRape>0 or CrimeEscape>0 or CrimeMurder>0 or CrimeDebt>0 or CrimeWeapon>0).
1. Most things are coded as simply as I could make them for the purpose of my understanding as well. This can most definitely be improved. The forest used to be a string of random chance before I was shown how arrays worked.

3. The crime system could use an overhaul, I had to redo the equipment system so CrimeWeapon is basically nonexistent now as they simply tell you to put it away. If you're going to have the guards rush you for known crimes, be sure to have them harass the player regardless if they're nonhuman as well. I think there was a law about stopping the guards from setting up so many checkpoints but I can't recall if it exists in the current game.

Leon_Arkwing

Sep 24, 2017
If I'm not mistaken she's market gf. She always dies, every iteration of her has died to my knowledge (yup, her original quest has changed). She's also not a named npc, her name is random. Which makes it less impactful, at least to me.
random name? every time i find her, her name has been mia

Mar 23, 2022
random name? every time i find her, her name has been mia
If you've done it more then five times and got the same name, might I suggest buying a lottery ticket? The change of having that happen is roughly 1.5% chance. Jokes aside the character you're referring to is named $marketgirl by the code. So she's known as Market Girl or Market GF, I prefer Market GF.
how do i bring a zombie to osiris for the cult quest? i befriended the bandits and now i can't use them XD
You currently can't bring a zombie. You might still be able to get a bandit by traveling the west roads and fighting them. But you might be stuck otherwise.

Edit: Not unless you want to get rid of Tonya. A unique character that's important to several quests. Seriously don't though.

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes