Unity Venus' Club Successor [Dev Thread]

ThroneAweigh

Aug 7, 2018
I'm back at trying my hand at making a sequel/successor to Venus' Club. I was working on one a while ago before After Hours was released, and while I took a break and just enjoyed the game, I still want more out of it.

The point of this thread is
  • To serve as a social impetus to work on the game, since I tend to work better if I know people are at least aware of my work.
  • Allow for me to collect community feedback in a public forum, and allow users to sort of shape the game as it's being worked on.
  • Release smaller beta-testing candidates to those interested in trying it out before dropping full releases.
I have a job (and life) outside of this, so progress is dependent on my free time.

So far my work has revolved around back-end development, making the game run faster and smoother. Because of that, I have no images to post, so the thread's gonna be a little bare-bones for the time being.
  • I coded a json creator for the videos, making a single file usually less than 100KB in size that increases the speed at which the game will launch and load girls into memory.
    • Speeds from an active SSD went from 0.198 to 0.049 seconds on an individual girlpack. (about 4x faster)
    • On a sleeping spinning-disk drive the load went from around 2 minutes to around 35 seconds for ~600 girlpacks.
  • I coded support for 'tags' or 'categories', which is currently a separate JSON to assign descriptors to performers. The idea is to give clients preferences you can play to for bonus money and an expanded 'theme night' like After Hours has but a little more in-depth than hair/eye color and build.
  • A (partially functional) pseudo-random call for the video list, to avoid repeating videos too closely behind one another if possible.
So, yeah! Follow along if you want, give me your ideas and your opinions. Even if I don't like them, I could always use them as inspiration for something else. I want to build a game that can be left to the community to keep alive, and the only way to do that is to make a game the community is enthusiastic about.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: tweight and Lerd0

ThroneAweigh

Aug 7, 2018
I'm also going to reserve one post (if that's okay with the board rules?) just in case I want to change the top post to actual gameplay stuff eventually.