3.20 star(s) 27 Votes

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Sails tier 2 upgrade cuts a further 25% off of sailing times and costs. Brothel tier 1 upgrade seems to only add 2 more slots (to 10).

EDIT: After reading the (lengthy) Google Docs change log I've learned that the Apothecary upgrade reduces healing costs. I still don't know why you'd need more bunkroom space. Only two crew ever go exploring anyway. (And I haven't yet figured out how to change who is the current leader or which crew goes.)

Last edited:

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
Sails tier 2 upgrade cuts a further 25% off of sailing times and costs. Brothel tier 1 upgrade seems to only add 2 more slots (to 10).

EDIT: After reading the (lengthy) Google Docs change log I've learned that the Apothecary upgrade reduces healing costs. I still don't know why you'd need more bunkroom space. Only two crew ever go exploring anyway. (And I haven't yet figured out how to change who is the current leader or which crew goes.)
So the only doc for the game is the change-log?
What should I do first: dungeon or trade?

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Dungeon. You'll spend more traveling than you'll earn in trade. It's the looting of dungeons that gives you the money to buy better stuff, hire people, etc.

This is NOT a buy low, sell high sort of game. It's a rape, loot, pillage game.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
In the hints on the Discord it says "Visit Kharish Tavern after completing Chapter 2 to meet the bimbo nuns of the Abbey". I've done that and have not met any nuns. I also already completed Chapter 3 before going back to that town, so perhaps that may be the reason. Looks like a bug.

Atsu

Sep 23, 2017
In the hints on the Discord it says "Visit Kharish Tavern after completing Chapter 2 to meet the bimbo nuns of the Abbey". I've done that and have not met any nuns. I also already completed Chapter 3 before going back to that town, so perhaps that may be the reason. Looks like a bug.
If you are playing the latest version found here, it's not a bug, since that content was not implemented in the Nov 1st build...

On a releated note:

A bit late, as I didn't see the update until today...
@brynhildr, please update the OP.

P.S.: Tried the Mehande scene and it seems to work in this version (well, at least for me...)

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
My bad. I hadn't looked at the date of the build in the OP. Thanks.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
If you are playing the latest version found here, it's not a bug, since that content was not implemented in the Nov 1st build...

On a releated note:
Just tried it with the "cracked" 11/15 version. Still no nuns, no joy. :cry:

Atsu

Sep 23, 2017
I'm guessing you are playing an old save?
I was not able to get the scene legitimately on an old save, but it worked on a new one.
If you just want to see the new content, selecting the tavern scene from the debug menu seems to start the eventline just fine.

My (uneducated) guess is the author is testing someValue==false to start the eventline, while in old saves someValue==NULL

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I'm guessing you are playing an old save?
I was not able to get the scene legitimately on an old save, but it worked on a new one.
If you just want to see the new content, selecting the tavern scene from the debug menu seems to start the eventline just fine.
Yep, an old save. I just did as you suggested using the debug menu and got it. Thanks!

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
It's so weird I was using an old version of Java 8 and when installed the most recent one the game started working.
I would say it's normal ;-)
If the game is jar application build twice a month, well, new functionality, security updates, bug fixes... with oracle take over the stability of the java core is less than satisfactory, so it needs frequent updates

Atsu

Sep 23, 2017
I thought I said thank you in my post but I didn't so Thank you lol. I didn't get anywhere though when I tried to accept that sex offer from the woman 'in the darkness' my game crashed. Oh well.
Did you update to the November 15th build?

so many crashes. is there any way to fix that?
Make sure your Java is up to date...
Maybe the delete your old saves, as even the mere presence of these sometimes make the game act up...
They are in [SystemDrive]\Users\[UserName]\.prefs\VentureSeas on Windows.
Other than those, I'd have to say no.
While I personally could play through the latest build without a single crash (that wasn't related to me messing with the code), it is an alpha and thus instability is to be expected.

Last edited:

Atsu

Sep 23, 2017
Is there a way to make the screen biger? I tried alt enter and nothing happened.
There's an options item on the main menu, where you can change the resolution and/or change to fullscreen or borderless fullscreen mode.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 27 Votes