Request Ren'Py Variables points visible in Ren'Py games

Claudio83

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Hi, there is a way (also using the Ren'Py console) for to see on the screen the variables points (es. love +3, corruption +5 etc.) obtained while playing a Ren'Py game?
Because also if the stats are sometime visible if the Dev allow it, the variables in general are always hidden!
For example, if in the game "Deliverance" some stats are visible (relationship points and hero/villain points), how i do to see for example the "AndreaTrst" points (variable read in the walkthrought) obtained until now?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hi, there is a way (also using the Ren'Py console) for to see on the screen the variables points (es. love +3, corruption +5 etc.) obtained while playing a Ren'Py game?
When in the console, type help and look at "watch"

Reactions: Claudio83

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I have looked, but after the command "watch" i must input a command or a variable i suppose…
You put the name of the variable to watch. So, if you want to trace the value of the "thisGirlPoints" variable, in the console type watch thisGirlPoints.
You can trace as many variables as you want, but obviously you'll be limited by the screen size, so don't overdo it.