Archived The Twist: Variables Guide [v0.26]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
Brief description of all variables
There are several great tools for this game that let to view and edit the game variables. A lot of the players are using those tools for cheating or for bypassing various bugs this game has.

These variables can be used with Scene Dump files (they can be created with Cheat Menu) to find how to legally progress in the game, without cheating.

Variable editing tools
  1. CheatMenu [ ]
  2. Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe) (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KsTgames\The Twist)
  3. Save Editor (TheTwistSaveEditor.exe) [ ]
  4. Online Save Editor [ ]
With (1) and (2) you can edit all the variables while playing, while (3) and (4) are save editors (note that not all variables are stored in the saves). (1), (2) and (3) are offline tools, while (4) is online tool.

Always backup your saves before modifying any variable!

This thread is for discussion of the game variables ONLY!

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
Can you explain what the 'scene dump' is and how to use those files?
You can open them with any text editing program - Notepad, Notepad++, etc.
And along with the Variables Guide you can track the game logic in every scene.
And if you have some basic programming experience, to understand code, you no longer need any walkthrough.

Reactions: Duzie and zvkrl

vimonline

Aug 5, 2017
hello...could you pls advise me where to put dump files to edit later on with notepad?

I would like to play restaurant event and sending unconscious photo of Janice in the kitchen to Adriana event again.

Thanks for your help.

kenkko

May 11, 2017
Hey does anybody know the variables to unlock the online store Veronicas secret?

Thanks.

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
hello...could you pls advise me where to put dump files to edit later on with notepad?

I would like to play restaurant event and sending unconscious photo of Janice in the kitchen to Adriana event again.

Thanks for your help.
Therе's no point in editing dump files! They are just for tracing the ingame logic.

If you want to make changes in the game:
  1. You must decompile TheTwist\TheTwist_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll with Visual Studio or with free tools like ILSpy or dnSpy.
  2. Then you can mod it. But this requires programming experience with C#.
  3. Then you must recompile it again with Visual Studio or with free tools like MSBuild.
Hey does anybody know the variables to unlock the online store Veronicas secret?

Thanks.
rachelq = 8
ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SAVE GAMES before messing with the game variables!!!

PS: Sorry for my late reply but I was on vacation.

Reactions: 8o7r23o6j0

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
John's beer quest line (updated for ver. 0.23):

beer = 0 - beer is already given to John (no beer in the inventory)
beer = 1 - beer is taken from the fridge (beer is in the inventory)
beer = 2 - beer is asked from John, but it is still not taken from the fridge (no beer in the inventory)
beer = 3 - beer with sleeping pills is in the inventory
beer = 4 - beer with sleeping pills is already given to John (no beer with sleeping pills in the inventory)
beer = 5 - beer with drug X is in the inventory
beer = 6 - beer with drug X is already given to John (no beer with drug X in the inventory)

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
Solution for the bug in ver. 0.24, where Jason can't participate in a threesome
with Emma and Kelly at the pool, even if he give them Vitamin X
I've already gave them the drugs, but still no progress to have sex with them. I think it's a bug even for the final ver. View attachment 127130
Cause of the bug: This bug advents because the variable drugLocal is not saved with the function SaveVariable().

Solution: So if you want to join Emma and Kelly set drugLocal = True.

If you are using CheatMenu:
Start the game and go to Emma's pool. Press [Show Cheats] button. Click on drugLocal to put a dot (•) in front of it:
(Bool)( )drugLocal ---> (Bool)(•)drugLocal

You have to set drugLocal = True every time you want to join Emma and Kelly at the pool.

Edit: Use either CheatMenu or Registry editor. Save game editors can't help you here.

Agungteguh27

Jun 4, 2017
Solution for the bug in ver. 0.24final, where Jason can't participate in a threesome with Emma and Kelly at the pool, even if he give them Vitamin X.

This bug advents because the variable drugLocal is not saved with SaveVariable() function.

So if you want to join Emma and Kelly change drugLocal from False to True.
If you are using CheatMenu click on the drugLocal to put a dot in front of it.
i use save editor, but it doesn't work

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
how do you do that?
Use the link from the OP, download and install CheatMenu, start the game, go in front of Emma's house at Saturday or Sunday at 12:00 - 16:00, press the button [Show Cheats], click on drugLocal to put a dot (•) in front of it.

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
How to use the dump files

I've been asked that question many times. I'll try to explain, with an example, answering Vycron's question:
402. *Billy path* At Friday or Saturday when Janice will come to visit at night, give her Cosplay kit. Choose Naked photoshoot. Call Billy.

There is no option for giving her Cosplay kit and at the internet at cosplay store it says "Out of stock". And no cosplay Kit in inventory
You are stuck at step 402, right? Obviously you have missed to do something. This is what you have missed to do:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But since your (Vycron's) title says 'game developer' than you do not need any walkthrough. Everything you need is in the dump files. Download them from the OP. Also use the link in the OP and download and install dsconstructor's CheatMenu.

Now start the game and go to Jason's room. Press [Show Cheats] then [Show Debug]. This will show you the name of the scene, which is groom_jas.

With the button [Dump Scene] you can dump the scene code into a .dmp file. Cheat Menu is saving them in TheTwist\TheTwist_Data\ folder. But for your convenience I have already done this for all scenes in the game.

Now try to buy the Cosplay kit using Jason's PC. Jason will reply 'It says "Out of stock"...'. Search for 'It says "Out of stock"...' in the file groom_jas.dmp and you will find it in the following code:
This code correspond to step 339 from the walkthrough.
[339. Go home and use PC, go to the Cosplay store website. And buy Cosplay kit.]

You can't buy the cosply, because in your case billyrach < 2
Code:
(If) (int)billyrach < 2
    (Say) Jason - It says "Out of stock"...
To buy it you need billyrach == 2 and money >= 400 (you must have at least $400). Now the question is how to legit rise billyrach to 2 without cheating. It's simple - search for '(SetVariable) (int)billyrach = 2' in all dump files. You will find it in groom_school.dmp:
This code correspond to step 338 from the walkthrough.
[338. Next day after school talk to Billy.]

Now we have to continue backtracking in game code to find from where is that block BillyRach/1 called. A quick search in the same file for '(Call) BillyRach/1' lead us to the following code:
Block BillyRach/1 is called if billyrach == 1
Code:
(If) (int)billyrach == 1
    (Call) BillyRach/1 - null
Now we have to find where in the code billyrach = 1. Searching in all dump files for '(SetVariable) (int)billyrach = 1' lead us to the following code in groom_bmbedroom.dmp:
This code correspond to step 337 from the walkthrough.
[337. Go to Rachel's house again. Accept her invite. This time choose "Follow her". Wait till she undresses and "Approach her".]

I think that's enough backtracking. It's now obvious what needs to be done:
  1. Billy must caught you having sex with his mom in their home.
  2. You must to talk to Billy at school and try to bribe him to keeps his mouth shut.
  3. Now you can buy that notorious Cosplay kit for $400 from Jason's room.

Reactions: darlic

Dragn

Jun 11, 2017
Solution for the bug in ver. 0.24final, where Jason can't participate in a threesome with Emma and Kelly at the pool, even if he give them Vitamin X.

This bug advents because the variable drugLocal is not saved with the function SaveVariable().

So if you want to join Emma and Kelly change drugLocal from False to True.

If you are using CheatMenu click on drugLocal to put a dot (•) in front of it:
(Bool)( )drugLocal ---> (Bool)(•)drugLocal

You have to set drugLocal = True every time you want to join Emma and Kelly at the pool.
Thanks, this was driving me crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.