4.20 star(s) 5 Votes
U

User_130505

Oh, and very good so far.
But in the future, please have the vampire bite somewhere else.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
I don't think Developers realise how annoying this is.
Its bad enough when there is a warning, but to have to go back to the beginning and fast tap, or skip, up to date is grinding at its worse.
I dont think most players have a frikking clue about coding and whine too much about things like this

Siramar

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Its bad enough when there is a warning, but to have to go back to the beginning and fast tap, or skip, up to date is grinding at its worse.
I can understand how it can get annoying but it is a work in progress and as such I will be making changes big and small all through the game with each update. So having to start from the beginning might not be such a bad thing.
I'm no scripting/coding expert and I am learning as I go along but as I understand it, previous saves won't work whenever new variables are introduced to the script.

Darkest Wishes

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
people play a game under active development, then bitch about bugs and changes to the code... not very bright.

dont want that stuff? wait until the topic says [final] or [finished] or whatever

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Vampyre Dreams: Awakening [v0.02] [Siramar] - Original Size: 824MB

Download PC (80MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Oh my god it just ended when i was literally gripping at my seat, talk about feeling of suspension and interesting update

Reactions: Siramar

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
Man I get Errors every time I need to make a choice in the new update when playing from a previous save , do I need to start a new game for it to work properly @Siramar ?
I can understand how it can get annoying but it is a work in progress and as such I will be making changes big and small all through the game with each update. So having to start from the beginning might not be such a bad thing.
I'm no scripting/coding expert and I am learning as I go along but as I understand it, previous saves won't work whenever new variables are introduced to the script.

Darkest Wishes
load old save then
open console:
d4_janwatch = False
d4_therappt = False
d4_shower = False
d4_diary = False
d4_letter = False

this seems to work for old saves to work with v0.02
if you miss Melody scene, you can watch it with console:
jump mday4

as for dev, maybe in your code try to catch new vars exceptions and assign value?
maybe something like this? if not, setup an init section and define them there which will be invoked during start/load?

try:
a
except NameError:
a = False

or add defaults.
attached file seems to work, let me know if it doesn't

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
people play a game under active development, then bitch about bugs and changes to the code... not very bright.

dont want that stuff? wait until the topic says [final] or [finished] or whatever
I may not be very "bright", definitely not a techie whizz-kid , but I am an active sponsor of games and therefore a "customer" and I have a right to my opinion.

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
Wow, thanks, I must be doing something right.
- the story is entertaining with so much potential
- the graphic is good
- the girls are hot
- the game is playable (not buggy)

er... yea IMHO you're doing awesome so far.
Keep at it!! i'm a fan!!

Siramar

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
- the story is entertaining with so much potential
- the graphic is good
- the girls are hot
- the game is playable (not buggy)

er... yea IMHO you're doing awesome so far.
Keep at it!! i'm a fan!!
Thank you! I still find it mindblowing how many people play and like my game, very humbling experience. Thanks for the coding help.
Now back to rendering and day 5.

Reactions: ItsEricBoi

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
I like the game so far, there is actually an interesting story here. And story is the most important part about, in my opinion - which is also why, for instance, just extracting the images and looking at those in isolation is comparatively boring. Because without the context of the story they're just pictures. I really look forward to seeing where this goes, keep up the good work.

Although, about your renders - they're not entirely consistent. For instance, looking at d4police006.png and then d4police007.png - the guys hair and head actually shrinks. :) The other renders also have things shifting a little in some places, d4cafesam009.png and d4cafesam010.png the lightning and "camera position" changes in a distracting fashion. Obviously nothing game breaking, just stuff that can lower the "suspension of disbelief". If you will.

Siramar

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I like the game so far, there is actually an interesting story here. And story is the most important part about, in my opinion - which is also why, for instance, just extracting the images and looking at those in isolation is comparatively boring. Because without the context of the story they're just pictures. I really look forward to seeing where this goes, keep up the good work.

Although, about your renders - they're not entirely consistent. For instance, looking at d4police006.png and then d4police007.png - the guys hair and head actually shrinks. :) The other renders also have things shifting a little in some places, d4cafesam009.png and d4cafesam010.png the lightning and "camera position" changes in a distracting fashion. Obviously nothing game breaking, just stuff that can lower the "suspension of disbelief". If you will.
I noticed that with the police ones, I normally set up a scene and then just set just change expressions and poses and finally render them in batches, so there should be no reason why his head and hair shrink. I'll try and fix these for the net update

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Vampyre Dreams: Awakening [v0.02] [Siramar] - Original Size: 824MB

Download PC (80MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You're a Wizard, Harry. :)
btw, thank you.

Reactions: bas

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
... so there should be no reason why his head and hair shrink. I'll try and fix these for the net update
No worries, it's probably not the #1 priority, but I noticed in that police scene and the cafe scene (and the previous cafe scene, with the friend) that lightning and stuff changed dramatically from render to render in some cases; it doesn't affect gameplay any, just draws the eye.

U

User_130505

It's a nightmare. It's not supposed to be a pleasant scene. And hypothetically I suppose it might also indicate what the aunt really thinks about the MC...
It was something called, humor.

And who knows, maybe the reason that no wound was found is because vampires can suck hard enough to suck blood right out of a mans dick, leaving no easily found wounds.

Sucking the blood out that way might even make the blowjob even more pleasurable.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] as I understand it, previous saves won't work whenever new variables are introduced to the script.
There's many ways to add variables to the game and still keep save compatibility. And like I start to be tired to explain them in so many game's threads, I just made a guide for this : .

So, please, read it and make your next updates save compatibles.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes