Tool Others Userscript: Followed Games / Update Checker

LenAnderson

Dec 15, 2017
Yet another update checker...

I did not want to install software just to get a list of updated games that I'm playing so I decided to write a userscript and keep everything in the browser.

With the userscript enabled you will find a Follow/Unfollow button at the top right of a game's thread.
OG6iJ2ihB3.png
Followed games show up at https://f95zone.to/followed-games where the current version can be marked as played.
chrome_LZC6NZ5kAX.png

MeTop

Jul 24, 2017
Since last update 1.6.2 it doesn't work anymore for me.
Was using 1.6.0 but that one got broken too. Downgraded to 1.5.0 and now it works fine, any plans to support the new layout?

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
I just double checked and I'm running 1.6.0 just fine. Perhaps the site skin affects things? I'm using UI.X Dark.

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
OK, I just had it fail on me too. Don't know why it took a while for me to see the error!

Fix is easy though. Edit the script in TamperMonkey or whatever you're using. Line 1563 should read:

JavaScript:
['Nutaku', 'LiveSexCams', 'LiveCamGirls'].forEach(it=>$(`[data-nav-id="${it}"]`).closest('li').remove());
Either comment this line out, like so:

JavaScript:
//['Nutaku', 'LiveSexCams', 'LiveCamGirls'].forEach(it=>$(`[data-nav-id="${it}"]`).closest('li').remove());
Or change the third item in the array, like to:

JavaScript:
['Nutaku', 'LiveSexCams', 'mfslanging'].forEach(it=>$(`[data-nav-id="${it}"]`).closest('li').remove());
This code removes the unnecessary menu entries. The menu has changed, so the script crashes. Obviously if you comment the line out then none of the menu entries get removed. Changing the line makes it behave as before, but covering the new menu item.

Cheers

Reactions: MeTop

MeTop

Jul 24, 2017
Thanks a lot.

Updated to 1.6.2 again and tried modifying the script but it was still broken, commenting the line fixed it.

I'm using the old layout too, on the new one, the follow button doesn't work.

sexybastardo

Modder
Jul 15, 2017
LenAnderson This doesn't work for me at least.

After adding some games and marked them as played, other games got unfollowed - this is not usable.

Additionally I get the following error message in the console:
caught TypeError: event.cancelBubble is not a function
at HTMLDocument.bringBackDefault (new_rightclick.js:87:31)

I'm using the newest version of brave.

LenAnderson

Dec 15, 2017
LenAnderson This doesn't work for me at least.

After adding some games and marked them as played, other games got unfollowed - this is not usable.

Additionally I get the following error message in the console:
caught TypeError: event.cancelBubble is not a function
at HTMLDocument.bringBackDefault (new_rightclick.js:87:31)

I'm using the newest version of brave.
Never experienced games getting unfollowed unintentionally. Can you reproduce this?

The console error does not look like it has anything to do with this userscript. A cursory google search for the script that's throwing the exception suggests that this is a common issue with some "allow right-click" browser extension.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
LenAnderson I have a question for you.
Normally when we want to add or remove a game to our "FOLLOWED GAMES" list we do it in the game's thread by clicking the "Follow" or "Unfollow" button but is it possible to remove a game that was suddenly deleted and therefore probably banned from f95zone and now this game always shows up as first on my "FOLLOWED GAMES" list as "GAME MISSING" ?

1704352326409.png

Specifically I'm talking about the game "Crazy Son" which a few days ago was normally available on f95zone but now it is no longer available and game was available at this link
https://f95zone.to/threads/.142116/