RPGM - Completed - Urban Demons [v1.1 Beta] [Nergal]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Torcha

I realized I never reviewed this. Urban Demons is one of those few games that just absolutely hit for me. It's hard to explain because I don't think I'm particularly compelled by shota characters, nor do I think that this game really feels completely finished, as it's riddled with bugs and the art is all over the place.

While still riddled with bugs and inconsistencies, I fully endorse getting the "Chilly" mod, which is linked on the main page here. He's addressed some of the bugs, and added more content, all of which is welcome, though often shallower than the main game content.

But the core of the game is that there are a variety of women and settings, lots that you can potentially do with them, and a very liberal pacing that means you can pretty easily reach sexual situations in a short period of time, and then spend hours and hours revealing more and more sexual situations. Even though the art is inconsistent, the scenarios are almost always somewhat interesting, and I think there's a genuine allure to playing an underdog character who ends up essentially brainwashing all these curvy ladies with his dick in a way that feels less detached than playing a 20 year old hunk that does the same thing.

There are no scenarios that are depressing or sad, but there's plenty of taboo, which laces interest and variety into a consistent theme of overwhelming pleasure and lust. Every sexual encounter has both sides enjoying what they're doing, and for me, that's pretty critical.

One thing that is an absolute negative is that the phone SMS system seems horribly broken, and is used to initiate some scenes, so it quickly became frustrating and confusing to me. I really wish it were fixed someday, but I don't see many others having my same problem, so it must not be a barrier for others. The small amount of content that I miss due to bugs is definitely outweighed by the amount I still access.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Rogue21

Good game. Be careful modding because some of them break the game, so do some research before trying to install some mods. Great milf and big-tits game with easy questlines and easy story to follow. A classic game that should be in everyone's library.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

arandofool

As I write this review, I have a lot of thoughts rolling through my head. I've beaten the game twice, one on the good route, once on the corruption, and I feel very conflicted on this game. On one hand, I like the art and the characters are very endearing and likeable. On the other, the poor art shows up at the worst moments and can take you out of the experience. On the other hand, there are some factors that make this game so bad, I'd struggle to recommend it. Here it is.

Part 1: After getting hit by a car, you're gifted a magic penis from a demon in order to corrupt the women around you. Why? Because she needs you to be strong enough (thanks to the sex) to rescue her and dominate the demon world. Along the way, you corrupt/arouse everyone around you in order to get stronger. The women you get are your Mom, Sister, her friend, your bullies' moms, your Nurse, two random milf, a Mechanic, and the woman aiding you with your misssion, Nelea. The individual stories are alright, though I have some minor issues (the player is a dick to Amanda, when you'd more expect the corrupt thing to do would be to use her to get closer to her mom/ preparing her to also get boned), but the major plot mostly stops after that. The End of the game has you beat the demon that took over the Other World. And you can either allow Nelea, the demoness, or you rule over the land. Obviously, you taking over is the best ending.

Part 2: Gameplay
    The gameplay is a basic game of running around to meet people, then increase their lust/corruption to get more scenes to level them up to repeat the process. There are some issues, as there are several bugs that make this difficult (An error message instead of a hint appearing, the game saying you can do something when you still can't [Saying you can chat with someone, when you still need to gain points by talking to them], saying you need to do things that you don't actually need to [Waiting to make Lisa, desperate for your cock, when really you just need to talk to her until you see all her dialogue) and also, there are some scenes even for early on in some character progression that are difficult to trigger (such as some characters only having scenes occur on a single point on a single day, so if you miss it, you now have to wait an entire week to progress them. While that does mean you can focus on others, if they're one of the few remaining ones that can be irritating. Your walk speed, while fine at first, can be too slow in larger sections (Park, Otherworld). Also, you get spells from exploring the Otherworld, but they suck. Invisibility is only used a few times in the overworld, and the X-ray vision is used to either see underwear/nude girls whenever, and ONCE to see some enemies. There's quite a few puzzles, and for the most part, their fine. They aren't overly complex, but they do tickle the brain slightly, so I appreciate them.

During the end game, you're forced to stealth through a castle, and it's the farthest thing from fun. Their sightlines are abysmal, as I've stood in them and not been seen, and been outside their sightlines and been caught. Plus, being seen immediately boots you out of the Other world, forcing you to either quickly exit and reload an autosave, or wait till night to try again. It sucks, same with the final boss fights (which I won't spoil)

Part 3: Art
    The individual character art is fine, and even nice looking. However, whenever it transitions to the sex scenes, a poor looking gif appears that does NOT match up with the quality of the stills. And considering that those are the scenes you'll be searching for and want, that's extremely disappointing. Also there are two random movies used for two random points. It looks better than the gifs, but not the stills. Also... why? Why not have 1 for each character and for major moments like the first time you have vaginal sex?

Bugs: Oh my god there are so many bugs. Text errors, errors when changing time, lag during the endgame, multiple crashes for next to no reason, missing animations, missing art, characters not appearing when they should, characters being places on days they shouldn't, menus resetting you after you go back a screen, god there are so many bugs.

This game is kind of a mess. If you want to try this game, only do so if you understand that this game has several bugs, the game is very grindy, and that the art isn't always as good as it looks on the box. If you can look past that, it can be enjoyable... but for your own sake, choose Lust or Corruption and beating that route. Beating both is tedious and not worth it.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

helinks

It has a good art and a good story, but the animation is too poor. I would prefer unanimated draws better than those anticlimatic animations. I like when you can choose the progress changes. The phone can be improved too, its anoying look again for the girls when you go back after seeing one.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Gintlar

Urban Demons [v1.1 Beta] [Nergal]
    I don't understand how it can get such a high rating.

Particular art, it can be liked as it can be hated, as far as I'm concerned I don't find it bad but not good either.
    The real problem is that the game has underlying problems and despite all this time they have never been resolved (The game is "complete")
    Badly made maps, where evidently some "x"s have escaped in some tiles, as well as being quite ugly maps.
    Incredibly slow phone.
    Horrible story and character writing. Random characterization progression.
    Boring after a few minutes.
    The only thing you might like about the game is the art style and consequently the various scenes with the characters, but even falling in love with this art-style, I can't conceive of ratings higher than 3.
    As far as I'm concerned, it's not recommended.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

rocktheboat44

Another good shota game, its a shame that the body types are all practically the same but the different cut scenes can make up for it. If you are a shota enjoyer its a decent way to pass the time compared to everything else.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

MilanoMilanesaArg

I had high expectations with this game and I was very disappointed, few good animations, very poorly optimized, few configuration options, little compatibility with smartphones through joyplay, the story is fairly average but I would give it a 7, I feel that it has a game ending rushed and that in some animations they literally cut and pasted the same animation but with a different background, I don't understand how an rpgm can be so poorly optimized to the point of not being able to walk in the school gym or in the residential area
  8. 1.00 star(s)

jed999

This is definitely abandoned and not complete.
    There are some soft lock situations described in the guide, but only a small portion.
    The game is incomplete in every sense of the word.
    The premece and art were just enough but the execution killed this one.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

SoberSphagghett

I'm surprised I hadn't written a review of the game the first time I played it.

The idea of a harem of lonely women is appealing to my helpful side,
    but the male protag not being a virgin is a real kick in the dick.
    There's a virgin girl in the story, she's only one, which would be perfect for me, why isn't the MC a virgin to balance out everything?
    Also, you have to go through all the ladies stories, for some reason or another.
    No skipsies.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

rampagedwayne

STORY
    There are quite a few characters you get with in this game, and thankfully there's a decent amount of variety to their personalities and progressions.
    Generally I prefer games that don't feature or focus on science fiction or fantasy elements. Here a lot of it is easy to forget about as you go through the main character's day, but it's still something I would prefer not be in the game.
    I'm not a big fan of the magical conceit behind why the characters are acting the way that they are. Just feels a bit love potion-y to me. That's to say nothing about all the horrible stuff most players are going to get up to over the course of the game. I'm all for giving the player the option to do bad things, but no matter what I think you'll find the main character is a demon powered little shit.

GAMEPLAY
    Woof. The barest of bones in what you could generously call adventure game and quasi-dating sim mechanics. Mostly it's just talking to characters, picking sweet or spicy flavored dialogue options depending on what you prefer, and lots of walking around.
    Repetition is the word of the day with Urban Demons. You are going to see the same dialogue options and sex scenes repeated ad nauseam as you grind your way through this game.
    The map design really doesn't utilize its space well, and some locations just feel like they're wasting your time, especially with how often you're going to see some of them.

PRESENTATION
    A real mixed bag of amateur art. In a sea of DAZ crap I still appreciate that it's drawn at least. Still, I find that some characters seem a bit out of place, like they just belong to an older style or something. Dizzy and the shop owner in particular don't seem like they fit in with the rest of the cast all that well visually, at least as far as their portraits are concerned.
    I can imagine quite a few tracks from the game even after having not played it for quite a while. Some are fine, others are pretty annoying.

CONCLUSION
    This is a game I have revisited many, many times over the years. I've seen it at multiple points in its development. I've seen at least one major fan mod. I don't know why I've played it so many times. I got everything I needed out of it the first time, why did I keep checking in on it?
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Erkunes

This game is one of my favorite. Very horny shota boy that nothing will stop him from getting into women's panties. Game itself is satisfying , you can repeat sex scenes wchich is soo good and satisfying to finnaly gain trust/corrupt women and then fuck here whenever you like. Personaly i like women who are saying to hero that he is just a brat and they give you feeling that hero is not even worth to talk cuz he is just a brat... And then later you finnaly to ger panties and fuck her brain out!! crazy I hope that help you to decide if game is worth playing
  12. 3.00 star(s)

mrttao

This game is falsely marked as completed when it should be marked as abandoned.
    The game is clearly unfinished with a bunch of placeholder stuff. The ending is very clearly rushed.
    The game is buggy and needs a lot of bugfixes... which it will never get.

If you are into a shota with a harem of girls with giant titties it is worth playing through once but be aware of what you are getting into. I have no idea why some people are rating this 5 stars.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3408557

-solid shota game with corruption/purity route
    -art/animation is good and there doesn't have to be a lot of waiting time in between scenes so you can just go around and get multiple scenes at once
    -there's a gallery and 20~ saves
    -nostalgic game for me personally and there's very high replay value
    -community is strong with mods, so after you are done with base game, you can engage with it more with said mods if you wish
  14. 5.00 star(s)

felicemastronzo

5 stars is probably an exaggerated vote, and too high for the level of several images really level "paint", but the game has entertained me a lot, and despite being one of the first I played, remains one of those that I replay more willingly ...

almost all the characters leave you something, and the two variants love / corruption completely change the way you interact with them (the sex scenes are always the same of course)

a very pleasant guilty pleasure!!!
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Lit Dark Age

story (3/5): At first it seems like a good story to develop but as time passes you realize that the main story is being lost and in the end the objective is to fuck everyone for no reason.

animations (4/5): The scenarios are the classic RPG games, the bad thing is that all the girls have the same body type, it seems that only the face and skin tone are changed, but the girls are hot.

audio / sfx (5/5): There are only 2 or 3 musical themes, however this point is saved by the sound effects in the sexual scenes.

scenes (5/5): The animations are the best of the game, the positions and scenes are good as well as the extra point of the sound effects.

The game is entertaining however as time goes by it becomes somewhat tedious.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

accountant2992

this game by far have the worst community answering rate
    everyone assumes that folder help and walkthrough have all the info you need but in fact its not only outdated
    its none excitant in the current download link if you want to get that folder you should download the modded version.
    secondly the game has way too many bugs and the instructions are not really clear on what you should always do next.
    i beat the game barely really because there is no guide for the puzzles and they were really annoying near the end of the game and took me some time to luckily stumble upon a way to solve them after many trials and errors.
    two characters were bugged for me in the v1.1 beta version of the game, nurse donna whatever i did i couldnt get her past maxed two hearts the conversation just looped no stat increase and she turned me down.
    the other character being ms amos i think it was her very last event the night visit after the phone message the file is corrupted or just not there so couldn't get her to max either.
    these are the bad things about the game
    good things?
    the game for me was extremely appealing i am not sure why i liked the art i liked the story and the concept and the progression i was obsessed with the game kind of and finished it in 2 or 3 days am not sure.
    also one bad thing i forgot to mention seems like earlier versions of the game you could meet and corrupt both ms taylor the headmistress of the school and your grandma it seems both were taken out of the final version of the game.
    also there is a bugged mission for most of the characters called getting her wet you take them to the pool but the quest never gets cleared.
    overall a very hot game even though frustrating at many points.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

doubleaction

Unfinished and highly buggy despite many years of development. Entirely possible to softlock your game. There are bugs in the game that have been present for 3-4 years. Extended dialog option at the start of the game is a trap option that introduces further bugs and a further likelihood you will softlock. One or two block-pushing puzzles executed at a competent level, the rest detract more than they add. Game art is mostly unfinished and is in a "sketched" state, with a few exceptions. Overall plot and gameplay is fine, but weighed down by the other things I have mentioned.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

spamscript

Girls are a plenty, alright. The game is not that great. It's very buggy ang glitchy at times but the scenes are not that bad. Exactly the same scenes are reused with different backgrounds throughout the game. A worse version of Summertime Saga overall.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

pluswww

Oh boy, this game was my first "adult game" back in the days. Not gonna lie, if i see this art rn when i searching for a new game to play - i will skip it 100% , but this story and this girls.... I love them so much and will play again soon.
    btw, how can i get a banner with "urban demons fan" or what is this people have in their profiles with a bunch of games? New here ha-ha
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Davion98@!

It has an understandable story and interesting dynamics, missing to polish some details such as the side characters, pool scenes. Probably adding extra scenes but so far the game was entertaining as heck, ill keep it on my computer for a long time. Animations also could improve but so far they reach expectancy