Mod Completed Urban Demons [v0.8.2 | FNFZone Mod Ver. 5.5 + Bug Fix G]

4.50 star(s) 13 Votes

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
I'm gonna stop making scenes and work on dialogue next, I have to many image files completed that have no dialogue to go with them. Once that's done I'm doing a succubus scene.

77outlaw77

Feb 16, 2018
Hey Chilly, I'm trying to learn VX ACE and have been trying to figure it out by checking over the game files to Urban Demons and deconstructing them. I'm picking up quickly though that are there some things to the game's build that are a little more tricky than meets the eye. One thing in particular is that almost all of your maps have more content in their map than is included on the map's tileset, etc. and I'm having trouble figuring out how.
I'm not asking you to tutor me in using the tools, but do you know any place where I can find some tutorials or find some other resources to learn it?
I'm already checking through but so far I haven't found anything that explains how this is done with the tileset.
Appreciate your work man, keep it up.

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Hey Chilly, I'm trying to learn VX ACE and have been trying to figure it out by checking over the game files to Urban Demons and deconstructing them. I'm picking up quickly though that are there some things to the game's build that are a little more tricky than meets the eye. One thing in particular is that almost all of your maps have more content in their map than is included on the map's tileset, etc. and I'm having trouble figuring out how.
I'm not asking you to tutor me in using the tools, but do you know any place where I can find some tutorials or find some other resources to learn it?
I'm already checking through but so far I haven't found anything that explains how this is done with the tileset.
Appreciate your work man, keep it up.

I'm honesty still learning to make maps myself, in the mod the only one I actually made myself was the Merfolk Sanctuary and a minor parallax for Grandma's house. All other game maps were made by either Nergal, MystZer0, so some other third party. My apologies for not being about to help much in this matter. Though I'm pretty sure what you are specifically alluding to are parallax maps, ones that use a image as a background and then have tiles placed onto said image.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Parallax mapping is a bit of a bitch to learn how to do if you don’t have any experience with a paint program that uses layers. Thankfully, the size of the maps themselves isn’t an issue as there is very little lag.

The hard part comes in restructuring the Events to show different pictures at the different times of day. Using the Mom for an example:

Morning, shower area
Afternoon, kitchen
Evening, dinner table
Night, in bed

That’s four different events that need to appear during their one time (through use of the Switches), and not be there during the others. I wish you the best of luck!

U

User_305918

Not related but 0.9 of Urban Demons is now undergoing tests right now and we will expect a release by the 30th of this Month.

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Not related but 0.9 of Urban Demons is now undergoing tests right now and we will expect a release by the 30th of this Month.
Someone please make sure to give me the image and CSV files of the new scenes so I can add them in the mod to the best of my abilities

Reactions: raziel121z

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Decided to keep both of the Pooh Bear scenes instead of switching one out for the other, so the original ride scene is unlocked the same way while the doggy scene is unlocked after the quest to get monster girl stuff for Meridiana begins (so after the Fae Queen scene). Pooh isn't part of that side-quest, just felt like it would be an okay place to unlock the scene since so many scenes will become available cause of the quest.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Ditto - can't wait to see what the Almighty Chilly shall grace upon us lowly plebs.

4.50 star(s) 13 Votes