Mod RPGM Urban Demons v.0.9.5 MOD [Xalenda Mod)

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Should ‘Grandma’ be a part of the game or not?

• Yeah!

Votes: 160 65.8%
  • Yes, but only as bonus content.

Votes: 38 15.6%
  • No way!

Votes: 45 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
So, not ashamed to say it - I done fucked up. In the process of testing, retesting, compressing and uploading the game, I forgot to actually bug test the beginning of the game. So yeah, toooootally my fault for not making sure it ran properly.

If you'd like to fix the problems yourself, there are steps below to do so, and they're all very simple, easy things to change. You will need basic knowledge of RPG Maker VX Ace to do so, however (and to use the Decrypter program I bundled in to create the project link.)

If you'd like me to fix it, I'm already compressing and re-uploading, it'll just take some time. This was mostly a pet project that somehow got away from me (in a great way) and I have gained a MUCH deeper appreciation as to how games like this usually require more than one or two people to create.

Thank you for your support, sticking with me so far, and we'll do this whole song-and-dance again once 0.9 drops!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Hello, is this mod compatible with the last patch for the game (0.9.1.2) ?
No, this mod is a stand-alone version of the game that was created using the 0.8.2 version of ChillyScholar's mod. It is not compatible with any other version of the game; once 0.9 is released in full (and/or is less buggy), I will be creating an entirely new mod based on that one.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
After checking through Nergal’s coding for 0.9.1.2, I’m fairly certain that I can run through the characters as I’ve outlined them for my particular modding adventures.

The bitch is gonna be waiting to see how I can input a Bluff system in place of the blackmail system, and getting rid of the mini-game altogether. Never been a fan of mini-games myself...

In any case, I’d really and truly appreciate feedback, comments, bitching, complaints... really, just anything before moving forwards.

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
After checking through Nergal’s coding for 0.9.1.2, I’m fairly certain that I can run through the characters as I’ve outlined them for my particular modding adventures.

The bitch is gonna be waiting to see how I can input a Bluff system in place of the blackmail system, and getting rid of the mini-game altogether. Never been a fan of mini-games myself...

In any case, I’d really and truly appreciate feedback, comments, bitching, complaints... really, just anything before moving forwards.
I like the minigame man. Makes things feel like more of a game if there's an obstacle towards progression.
Implementing the bluff over the blackmail system shouldn't be too hard, it just means a change of context and reactions.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
It’s more the coding that “scares” me. Blackmail is integrated into everything, which is okay, I just wish there were a way to do a Select All —> Edit All.

And I’ve never considered a QTE to be interesting or fun. Press a button, get reaction... except, that’s already 99% of this game, only without needing a pretty visual to accompany it.

Maybe I’m just over-thinking this all, and could implement some other kind of obstacle within the game that fit more in line with how it plays normally, like a multiple-choice question and answer that you could get wrong and lower your points or something.

Whatever the case may be, I’m still concerned about rewriting so many characters and sex scenes. It’s gonna be a long road, but one that I hope will pay off in the end.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
  1. Speak to Fred about Chilies
  2. Go to supermarket / shop and read magazine, then find chilies in store, buy for $2
  3. Use chilies on Mom in Afternoon (while she's in kitchen)
  4. Wait for cutscene in evening
  5. Travel to Underworld
  6. Speak to Naga in Incendius
  7. Make deal/bargain
  8. Use Naga Chili on Mom in Afternoon (like last time)

Dhalamar

Jan 26, 2018
and at the door of Grandma's bathroom there is an invisible force field that will not let you in

Dhalamar

Jan 26, 2018
could you please upload a save from point 2

for some reason I can not find Fred and I already talk to the whole school

May 1, 2017
could you please upload a save from point 2

for some reason I can not find Fred and I already talk to the whole school
I've had the same issue. Fred is in front of the pond at lunch, but when I talk to him, even though I've been cued in by the game to ask him about the aphrodisiac, he doesn't say anything about it.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
This is truly bizarre, because as stated earlier, I just copy/pasted his event. I’ll get a save out with it progressed past that point if I can’t figure out what changed.

**EDIT**

Figured it out - my coding was off, again (Bad Xalenda!)

In Chilly's game, Fred was designed to have exactly three roles to play:
Introduce you to Larry
Point you towards Kaylee's shop
Get you to try the chilies on Mom

In mine, he has additional functionality that happens once you progress far enough with the plot / story and can find one of the 'bonus' scenes. However, because I wasn't thinking about it, I didn't check his switches / flags properly, and he kept trying to jump ahead to the new stuff.

I've redone Fred's coding, and YES I double-checked it this time to make it work as intended. I'll post a hotfix for Fred (as a Save / as an edit) in a few minutes.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Fred has been fixed and changed to work properly now; in order to get this to work, please follow these steps exactly:

If you haven't run the Decrypter already to access the Data folder, please do so now, you will need to access it to fix this. Please read the enclosed Instructions document packaged with the game to figure out how to do it.

• Download Map112 from below, move it to your game folder, unzip.

STOP DOING ANYTHING AND LOOK CLOSELY!!

• Open the DATA folder.
  • Scroll down to find Map112.rvdata2, and delete it.
  • Move the new Map112 into the Data folder.

Run the game. If it bugs out... well, shit. I can't help you much there, apart from hoping your trash can doesn't auto-delete files (like mine does).

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Grandma’s being really stubborn and is refusing to let me into her room or the bathroom now, so I done screwed something up there. Should have it fixed early(ish) at a more “normal” time, as I was visiting family today.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
The video camera is not implemented in my mod yet. It will be, once I find the “inspiration” to get it.

By which I mean wait for Nergal to release 0.9.2 and steal it.

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes