VN Ren'Py Upcoming Game: The Changing Season

St97

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
Hello gentlemen and ladies of F95. After being a member of this wonderful community for the past year or so, I've been inspired (by the likes of Dr. PinkCake and PhillyGames) to create my own game. As a novice to the VN genre, I'm facing a lot of growing pains (particularly with render time and image quality) but my optimism is still sky-high and if all goes well, I'm aiming for an end of January release for my upcoming game: The Changing Season.

Here's a snippet of the plot: You're a 19 year old kid, dealing with the recent and devastating death of your mother. Your father doesn't seem the least bit rattled, and is moving you two across the country to his new girlfriend's house. The timing seems suspect to you. But you're quickly enamoured with the Walker family and the strong women that occupy it.

I've attached a few early renders in this post. For more information, you guys can check out my page.

I thought I'd introduce myself and maybe answer any questions you guys may have. Feel free to ask anything and also if there's anything in specific that you guys like your preferred games to have, then I would love to know your thoughts and preferences in the comments.

JJ_wink.png
mcb2.png

mcsleepold.png

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Any sexual relationship between Jane, Jenny, June, Lana and/or Lily?
Are you going for full harem game mode where MC gets all girls or going for path.. If Jane no June or less Jenny?
Are any other males characters active (husband, cousin, neighbour, boss) maybe ntr, share, cuck?

Apr 16, 2019
One thing I see way too often are games where there are little to no other male characters besides the MC. Here I see theres him, his father (thats not even on the character list) and no other man, at all.

Not every male character needs to be the Eric (dumbass) or the neighbour that you screw over (by fucking his wife, daughter, sister or w/e). Having other close male characters like a good friend, a co-worker, the brother of the girls you will fuck the brains out or something is good enough.

I understand that the idea more often than not is to have the MC fucking every hole that comes across the screen, but having other male characters even if just for some conversations here and there with some frequency make the world of the game seem more plausible. They dont need to get laid; tho its not bad to help a friend here and there if you can, leading to some action with four people maybe (swinging or just on the same room perhaps), or just them getting the girl you didnt pick on a party/bar or something like that. At least be important characters too and not random guys that appear just to show the MC isnt the last man on the planet (like only the store clerk, the bus driver, your boss...).

Someone like Jacob, MC's best friend on 'Become a Rockstar' comes to mind as a good example.

Reactions: legolord86

St97

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
Any sexual relationship between Jane, Jenny, June, Lana and/or Lily?
Are you going for full harem game mode where MC gets all girls or going for path.. If Jane no June or less Jenny?
Are any other males characters active (husband, cousin, neighbour, boss) maybe ntr, share, cuck?
Stay tuned, my friend ;) All I can tell you is that all the Walkers will be romanceable. You're obviously competing with your father for Jane's attention. There will be NO NTR. The mc is the alpha male so he'll have the option to take women from other male characters if he wishes. Besides the mc and his father, there is only one other male character so far. Hope that answers a few questions. You'll have to wait until the official Chapter 1 release to see what I have planned. Thanks for your interest :)

St97

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
One thing I see way too often are games where there are little to no other male characters besides the MC. Here I see theres him, his father (thats not even on the character list) and no other man, at all.

Not every male character needs to be the Eric (dumbass) or the neighbour that you screw over (by fucking his wife, daughter, sister or w/e). Having other close male characters like a good friend, a co-worker, the brother of the girls you will fuck the brains out or something is good enough.

I understand that the idea more often than not is to have the MC fucking every hole that comes across the screen, but having other male characters even if just for some conversations here and there with some frequency make the world of the game seem more plausible. They dont need to get laid; tho its not bad to help a friend here and there if you can, leading to some action with four people maybe (swinging or just on the same room perhaps), or just them getting the girl you didnt pick on a party/bar or something like that. At least be important characters too and not random guys that appear just to show the MC isnt the last man on the planet (like only the store clerk, the bus driver, your boss...).

Someone like Jacob, MC's best friend on 'Become a Rockstar' comes to mind as a good example.
Hey man, thanks for this perspective. I definitely like the idea of male characters as companions and friends, rather than people you're competing with. I haven't given this much thought for this game so far, but maybe it's something that can be introduced down the line. I really wanted this story to be a very close-knit dissection of the Walker family dynamics but you're right, having good male characters can definitely add elements to the story that enhance it. I hope you check out the official release and share your comments on the thread :)

Apr 16, 2019
Yeah, definitely. Not just me but everyone knows how to appreciate a good game, so if you do it right people will all come by themselves, dont worry.

Ive seen games with 10/10 renders and bad storyline being dropped harder than a rock while others that focused more on the story, even with no-so-good renders and no animations whatsoever, get tons of people waiting anxiously for updates.

About the male characters, another one I remember seeing on a novel was a guy whose had a bitchy sister and after you start shagging her she drops a bit the attitude and the dude appreciates that his life isnt a living hell anymore because of her.

Of course thats just an example, I know you are the best person to fit someone in on your own storyline, so Im not gonna delve into that, but will let you know that pretty much anyone playing your game can relate to having a close friend w/e may be how the two met.

St97

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
Yeah, definitely. Not just me but everyone knows how to appreciate a good game, so if you do it right people will all come by themselves, dont worry.

Ive seen games with 10/10 renders and bad storyline being dropped harder than a rock while others that focused more on the story, even with no-so-good renders and no animations whatsoever, get tons of people waiting anxiously for updates.

About the male characters, another one I remember seeing on a novel was a guy whose had a bitchy sister and after you start shagging her she drops a bit the attitude and the dude appreciates that his life isnt a living hell anymore because of her.

Of course thats just an example, I know you are the best person to fit someone in on your own storyline, so Im not gonna delve into that, but will let you know that pretty much anyone playing your game can relate to having a close friend w/e may be how the two met.
I get where you're coming from :) In fact, I think I just came up with an idea of how I might be able to introduce one of these characters and have him occupy an important part of the mc's life. He won't appear for the first few updates but I can definitely see him playing a role. Thanks again for your suggestion. This is why I introduced the game here; I wanted to get a pulse for what people are looking for and I'm always open to suggestions. Hopefully, I'll have a ton more feedback after the first release. And rest assured, my friend. This is definitely a game where the story comes first.

Reactions: PokemasterLord

Just a wanderer

May 28, 2020
Hey!!!
I love this game. Keep doing what you are doing. I just made this account just to tell you that not to change your directions just bcz some people want their fetish to be added. I saw some people complaining about Jane boobs being saggy and falling in love for MC. They seriously didn't give it a second thought. I mean, Come on. We are seeing a woman in her 30-40 having emotional breakdown over her husband's death with her daughter. Do you think she will be fit and happy after that? And Our MC is Charming,Cute,Little Jester who care about how others feels. This is a nice game bcz I never ever made a account just to comment in this site, not even while they are criticising my favourite games but this one,This one is worth commenting and making account for, man. I mean it,Keep doing what you want to do.